Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 141 to 160 of 27,917

LzWinky

@Sylverstone: Considering they haven't even done much with the game yet (if anything), I think all rumors are false at this point

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Sylverstone

lzbirdboy wrote:

@Sylverstone: Considering they haven't even done much with the game yet (if anything), I think all rumors are false at this point

Point taken. I see it in this scenario.

Iwata (at E3): We will be making Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS AND Wii U.

Sakurai (at office watching): Untitled - Kid Icarus isn't even out yet!

Edited on by Sylverstone

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

John-John

Character-wise I'd like to see Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Animal Crossing People, Toad, Shigeru Miyamoto, and Ganon with his sword.
and better interwebz play.

John-John

Totally-Rad

Seeing how development hasn't even officially started yet, I think it's safe to assume that all "rumors" are pure fiction at this point. However, I still love making predictions, even if we won't know any real details for at least a year.

The easiest way to add meaningful characters (as in, not random sidekicks and enemies) to the roster would be to include third-party characters, but I personally hope they don't go overboard. One or two characters per company, please. Otherwise it essentially undermines the whole point of the series: a celebration of Nintendo, not Sonic and his pals.

Predictions!

• Somebody from the new Kid Icarus. Sakurai's making Uprising, so this is natural. Either Palutena, Medusa, or that guy with the big sword whose name I forgot.
  • Professor Layton/Luke! (Do they count as first, second, or third party?)
  • Little Mac! I shouldn't have to explain this.
  • Girahim! Or whoever the primary villain of Skyward Sword is. Not a replacement for Ganondorf!
  • Miis! Assuming they make the jump to Wii U.
  • 5th gen Pokemon! Probably Zoroark, but I would love to see Victini.
  • Somebody from The Last Story/Xenoblade/Pandora's Tower? Hey, Nintendo of Japan doesn't hate these games!
  • Somebody from Fire Emblem. Micaiah or Eirika, preferably, since they don't use swords.

Third parties!
Capcom! Probably Ryu, considering Mega Man's recent tragedies, but I'm secretly wishing for Phoenix Wright.
Ubisoft! Rayman, especially now that he's on a comeback with Origins.
Namco! Pac-Man? Somebody from the Tales series? Klonoa? I don't really expect any Namco reps.
Indie developers! It would be neat, but incredibly unlikely, to see some indie love. Commander Video (Bit.Trip) or Quote (Cave Story), anyone?
Never gonna happen, but if Travis Touchdown was in Smash Bros, the galaxy would forever be at peace.

Jeez, long post was long. Am I leaving out any obvious choices? I would love a civil discussion on this.

Name: Totally-Rad
Occupation: Aspiring game designer, currently unemployed writer/college student.
Rating: Eh/10

GameInfinite

StarFox wrote:

SUPER SMASH BROS. CHAOS

Sonic replaced with Ryu
Jigglypuff replaced with Ken
Snake replaced with Bomberman
Lucario replaced with Mega Man
Toon Link becomes Toon Link/Young Link
Roy returns

NO!

Unlocked everything for Smash 3DS!
NNID:CokeAlign
N3DS FC- 4313-2337-0977

zezhyrule

Snake, with guns. Seriously, if games like Uncharted can have blood, swearing, violence and such and still be rated T, giving Snake a couple handguns that give no visible damage won't make SSB rated M.

Make EVA playable! :3

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

ItsFuzzyPickles

Just want to say that I'm going to be around this thread, so I'mma bump this thread.

@Mod I made a topic in regards to universal roster that is it's own thread. Can you please merge it with this one is possible?

Anyway, I'm expecting only eight newcomers: Little Mac, Medusa, Ridley, King K. Rool, Takamaru, Isaac/Saki Amamiya, and Victini.

Totally_Rad wrote:

5th gen Pokemon! Probably Zoroark, but I would love to see Victini.

Lucky for you, Victini has a good shot of being playable and I have a good feeling about him getting in.

Edited on by ItsFuzzyPickles

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

TKOWL

Meh, the only new characters I REALLY want to see are Zoroark, Deku Link (able to transform into Goron and Zora Link), Prince Fluff, Ridley, and Mega Man.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

TheDarkDee

They should add the RAY 01 from Custom-Robo.

TheDarkDee

LordTendoboy

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Sylverstone wrote:

I've been hearing things through the grapevine about a third-party character that could actually be confirmed for the new Smash Bros. game on Wii U.

A bear and his fine-feathered friend might be on his way to the land where trophies fight.

Rumors man,RUMORS! No way you are telling my a certain 64 bit bear and his bird are coming to this game!! That would make it unplayabley awesome.(if solid snake stays.)

I highly doubt Microsoft or Rare will license out Banjo Kazooie for Smash Bros. Microsoft owns Rare, who owns Banjo Kazooie.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

ItsFuzzyPickles

Ray would be awesome for Smash. He has a lot of move set potentials and it would be amazing if he got in.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

TheKingOfTown

I think 9-Volt would be a good idea. He could use attacks from old-skool games.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

pntjr

CRASH BANDICOOT. NOW. An hopefully they bring back SS from MGS. Sonic, Meh,

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

SlyGuy29

I want these people playable.
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
Paper Mario
King K. Rool
Shy/Fly/Spear Guy
9-Volt
Wolf Link transformation
Young Link with masks from Majora's Mask replacing Toon Link.
Vaati
Weavel
Rundas
Dark Samus
That guy with the huge sword in Uprising
Eggplant Wizard
Prince Fluff
Knuckle Joe
Krystal
Ray MK III
Mixed Pokemon Trainer with Piplup, Bayleef, and Blaziken, but only if it replaces the original
Zoroark
Deoxys
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow
An Elite Beat Agent
Little Mac
Lyn
Poo
Louie
Issac or Matthew because that's my name
(inhales a bunch of breath.)
Grey Fox
Shadow the Hedgehog
Ryu
Chun-Li
Chrono
Magus
Rayman
Rabbid
and finally Mii's.
ok maybe that's too many characters, but I most of them in their.

"HEY DUDES, THANKS FOR RESCUING ME. LET'S GO FOR A BURGER.... HA! HA! HA! HA!" President Ronnie.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Am I the only one here who doesn't want to see Zoroark in Smash? I'm really am not all that excited for his inclusion at all.

ItsFuzzyPickles

koryz12

Goku should be a character his smash ball move could be ssj4 10 times kamehameha wave.

Edited on by koryz12

Checkout my gaming channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/koryz12
Nintendo direct wii u review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xawsdGO-Jao

IAmNotWill

Zoroark is one of my favorite Pokemon. I think think will include him in the next one since he is very similar to Mewtwo and Lucario and he got a movie like they did.

N3DSGamer wrote:

Goku should be a character his smash ball move could be ssj4 10 times kamehameha wave.

They're not gonna include anime characters. SSB is for Nintendo/video game characters that have a successful history on Nintendo platforms. Goku is neither.

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

TheKingOfTown

hey guys new information about the development process. well at least the site says its real. but i dunno, since they don't give a source. here ya go. http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/06/tons-of-new-super-smash-...

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

turtlelink

So here are the new characters I want be in the game and also the characters the developers that might be taken out.

Removed characters:
Snake
Sonic
Ike
ROB (Maybe)
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
Toon Link
Lucas (Hope not)

New Characters:
Prince Fluff
Zoroark
Toon Zelda (Down B can transform into Tetra. I'm really dreaming with this idea but it's something I wanted for a long time now.)
B&W Pokemon Trainer
Ninten

Thats all I can think of right now but I'll add on another time.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic