Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 13,981 to 14,000 of 27,917

CapeSmash

C-Olimar wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

The starting roster:

Untitled

Fake! The character selection screen has no names!!!

Also, YOSHI is in between the Mario characters!!!!!

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

MegaStoneSmash91

How do you know if that's the starting roster? It could be something they whipped up for the event. They could have easily set which characters were available. Still looks a bit big to me.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

CapeSmash

Morphbug wrote:

Unless there's like only 6 unlockable characters, I doubt that's the starting roster.

This is likely just a more advanced demo.

Ah, I don't think so.

Untitled

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

CapeSmash

Morphbug wrote:

Unless there's like only 6 unlockable characters, I doubt that's the starting roster..

Ness, Mr. Game & Watch, Ganondorf, Falco, ROB, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Bowser Jr., DHD, and possibly even more.

Smash Mains:

Eel

That only leaves us with the three clones, those others, Duck hunt, Bowser Jr and maybe other 4 still-secret characters to unlock. That's no fun.

So I still hope it was just made that way to show the characters.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TuVictus

Didn't think my hype could possibly get any higher

TuVictus

MegaStoneSmash91

Still seems odd to me. That's literally every announced character except Lucina. A lot of those characters screamed "Unlockable" to me, especially the 3rd parties.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

CapeSmash

These are the unlockables in Brawl that are now starting in SSB4:
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Toon Link
Lucario
Marth
Sonic

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

May_Nyan

SockoMario wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

Unless there's like only 6 unlockable characters, I doubt that's the starting roster..

Ness, Mr. Game & Watch, Ganondorf, Falco, ROB, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Bowser Jr., DHD, and possibly even more.

You forgot Wario and Lucina. :3

May_Nyan

SuperPokefan95

Untitled

I don't know why but I feel like the starting roster should have only consisted of the fighters shown in the first E3 trailer and all the newcomers released thus far. Oh well. If this is the actual staring roster then I'll have a hard time choosing who to play as first.

SuperPokefan95

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5046-0418 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperPokefan95 | Twitter:

CapeSmash

May_Nyan wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

Wario unlockable? I don't know how I feel about that...

Smash Mains:

MegaStoneSmash91

DestinyMan wrote:

It's pretty incredible that all of the announced characters so far except for Lucina and Mii Fighter can be played right away. Then again, since All-Star Mode is available right away, then the starting roster would have to be big.

All Star seems like the best reason for the starting roster to be this big. I'm still finding this odd, though. Do we have proof this is the starting roster?

Beep.
That is all.

May_Nyan

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

It's pretty incredible that all of the announced characters so far except for Lucina and Mii Fighter can be played right away. Then again, since All-Star Mode is available right away, then the starting roster would have to be big.

All Star seems like the best reason for the starting roster to be this big. I'm still finding this odd, though. Do we have proof this is the starting roster?

I don't think so, people are assuming it to be.
I have no opinion on whether it is or not.

May_Nyan

C-Olimar

Unlocking characters is my favourite part of Smash - the "Challenger Approaching" warning, followed by a tense fight as you tried to beat the character to unlock them. It would be a shame to limit this to just a few instances - several against clones.

C-Olimar

Eel

May_Nyan wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

And we all forgot Jigglypuff.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MegaStoneSmash91

C-Olimar wrote:

Unlocking characters is my favourite part of Smash - the "Challenger Approaching" warning, followed by a tense fight as you tried to beat the character to unlock them. It would be a shame to limit this to just a few instances - several against clones.

I've always loved that too, especially when don't expect it. If this is the starting roster, then the completed roster must be huge.

Beep.
That is all.

May_Nyan

Morphbug wrote:

May_Nyan wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

And we all forgot Jigglypuff.

0_0 I love Jigglypuff, I can't believe I forgot her!

May_Nyan

CapeSmash

C-Olimar wrote:

3 unlockable clone charters out of like... 12? That's not a "shame".

Smash Mains:

UGXwolf

DestinyMan wrote:

Wolf is now a Fox alt

;-; Sakurai Y U do dis? And you let Dark Pit be his own character? Wolf played nothing like Fox. Now I can't use him. I think I actually would've preferred no Wolf alt, if he was going to be cut.

(TBF, Kirby has a Metaknight skin, so this doesn't deconfirm Wolf, but it doesn't look good.)

On a side note, @SockoMario Do mine eyes deceive me?! Is that Fox paired with the single-character franchises (right of Little Mac). This means one of two things:

1) The leak lies and Falco has been cut.
2) Multi-character franchises will be grouped with single-characters if there's only one character unlocked, so far and thus Lucas still has a chance! (But my main! ;~

Now excuse me... I need to go sit in a corner and cry salty, salty fanboy tears for Sakurai's sustenance.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic