Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 13,921 to 13,940 of 27,917

TeeJay

WaLzgi wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

I don't really get why people want K Rool in so bad. He's so big and ugly...yuck. He doesn't even have that cool factor going for him like Mew Two or even Ridley...

He was a villain in a game series they liked. Is that really so wrong?

Did I say it was wrong? Point out to me where I said people can't have opinions.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Jazzer94

TeeJay wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

I don't really get why people want K Rool in so bad. He's so big and ugly...yuck. He doesn't even have that cool factor going for him like Mew Two or even Ridley...

Did I say it was wrong? Point out to me where I said people can't have opinions.

Well seems like you didn't understand and now people have explained why.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

TeeJay

Jazzer94 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Well seems like you didn't understand and now people have explained why.

Right. I never said anything to them, but Lz phrased it as if I declared everyone wanting K Rool is wrong.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

turmeric16

Some people feel the need to correct everyone on this site, even when they do not need correction.

turmeric16

3DS Friend Code: 2122-5418-3396 | Nintendo Network ID: ejvirzi | Twitter:

TeeJay

DestinyMan wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

If you played his games, you'd understand how effective of a villain he is. He's pretty cruel, power-hungry, and somewhat intimidating. He has four costumes besides his normal King look that would fit well in Smash. His moveset would be pretty diverse, unlike some peoples' lame charge that he would be too much like Bowser. He'd be heavy, but still pretty fast. Other than outside factors like name recognition, I don't see a serious gameplay reason why they wouldn't use him. If there was a list of best villain newcomers to Smash Bros., K. Rool ought to be at the top of the list.

And he's not too big at all. He's roughly the size of Bowser, only bulkier.

This. This is a great answer.

DefHalan

ejvirzi wrote:

Some people feel the need to correct everyone on this site, even when they do not need correction.

Pfft you are so wrong, no one does that around here...

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Sir_Diabeetus

ejvirzi wrote:

Well after all, this is the INTERNET. What the heck do you expect for everyone to use proper grammar? I understand some people want to correct everyone in this site, but it also gets very annoying as well.

Edited on by Sir_Diabeetus

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

MasterWario

I'm sure they could come up with a cooler Final Smash for King K. Rool, but it would be hilarious if it was the GET OUT cross-hairs from DK64.

The other thing about King K. Rool is I feel they need another DK rep that isn't a monkey, and K. Rool would probably be the best choice for that.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

ZurrrrBlattTron

Perfect timing! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Q6hesY3Yg for those of you that don't like curses and don't want to see the video here's a basic explanation, in the Smash Direct when Ridley was shown if you look closely, Pikachu goes off camera, Ridley shadow pops up grabs Pikachu and let's him go, only playable characters can do this (besides master hand but even then more goes on in that grab the footage that was shown was literally a grab and Ridley released Pikachu) this seems like the only real evidence that Ridley is playable because Pikachu JUMPS out the grab just like in brawl. I got a little bit more confidence that he's in

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Eel

Well, one of the dudes that leaked the screens said he was in.

But who knows, it's harder to trust a text rumor.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ZurrrrBlattTron

I would main Ridley, I think the yellow devil and metal face make great bosses but Ridley is too important to get the same treatment I'm not going to be raging if he's not in but still.

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Eel

There's always the possible explanation that his AI was not ready to be shown in full yet during that direct.

Then there's the chance that he's actually playable, hovers over the stage ala mewtwo and was under the effects of a super mushroom.

Then there's the crazy third option, he's both playable and a boss. If anyone remembers, the Ridley fought in Other M in that place is not the real Ridley, he's a new member of his species/clone.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ZurrrrBlattTron

When Ridley joins the battle, his clone takes his place
Clone Ridley: LEAVE IT TO ME!
All those are big possibilities, it could also be possible he's part of someone's trailer similar to how Metal Face and Yellow Devil popped up in Shulk's and Mega Man's trailers

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

UGXwolf

torotoid64 wrote:

Perfect timing! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Q6hesY3Yg for those of you that don't like curses and don't want to see the video here's a basic explanation, in the Smash Direct when Ridley was shown if you look closely, Pikachu goes off camera, Ridley shadow pops up grabs Pikachu and let's him go, only playable characters can do this (besides master hand but even then more goes on in that grab the footage that was shown was literally a grab and Ridley released Pikachu) this seems like the only real evidence that Ridley is playable because Pikachu JUMPS out the grab just like in brawl. I got a little bit more confidence that he's in

As you've said, Master Hand can hold characters. Ridley has a famous scene where he picks up Samus in one hand and flies along the wall, grinding her suit on the metal. Who's to say they didn't add a grab to represent that? And maybe you can escape that grab. Besides, if this Ridley were playable, his hovering would be very worrisome for balancing. He hovers for a pretty long time and appears to be rather large.

This doesn't confirm or deconfirm Ridley as a playable character, but then I still think playable bosses will be a thing in the Wii U version.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Crimzonlogic

UGXwolf wrote:

but then I still think playable bosses will be a thing in the Wii U version.

How about a Clash of the Titans mode where you can only choose large boss characters to play as? Select the smallest stage and turn off all items except for the big mushrooms!

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Eel

Yeah Ridley is very very grabby.

And it wouldn't make sense to have that stage without him as a hazard, it would be the single most boring stage in the story of the series.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Haxonberik

A good while back I would've considered this strong evidence (not convinced but open to the possibility). Now with the ESRB leak, maybe the closest I'd give him is a playable boss role.

www.convectiongames.com

UGXwolf

Haxonberik wrote:

A good while back I would've considered this strong evidence (not convinced but open to the possibility). Now with the ESRB leak, maybe the closest I'd give him is a playable boss role.

We are aware that the ESRB leak, if nothing else, SUPPORTS Ridley being playable, right? Because it really doesn't sound like you are.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

IceClimbers

UGXwolf wrote:

Haxonberik wrote:

We are aware that the ESRB leak, if nothing else, SUPPORTS Ridley being playable, right? Because it really doesn't sound like you are.

To be fair, that's only if we are choosing to believe his word. Of course, a lot of people seem to be trusting his word on the cuts, but are taking the characters in the cipher with a grain of salt as he admitted that the DLC list was a lie just to screw with us in that same cipher.

Let's be honest here though, more people would be assuming the cipher list was real if Ridley wasn't on it

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic