Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 13,821 to 13,840 of 27,917

DefHalan

The problem I see with Ridley isn't how big he is but at his size. To shrink Ridley down to fit in Smash would ccause him to miss a lot of what makes him so menacing. He would be made to be so skinny and his wings would then be so small that kt wouldn't feel like Ridley anymore. If anyone can find a way to fit Ridley into Smash without too much of an issue it is Sakurai. I just don't want to see Ridley be gimped just to put him in, I would rather Sakurai have focused on other characters. We will see what happens

EDIT: Untitled
Ridley's proportions are the main thing I am talking about. Charzard has smaller wongs and a bigger body that makes him fit on screen and stay visible, I think it will be tough to make Ridley big enough to look like Ridley and be seen on screen but small enough to keep balanced with other fighters.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Jazzer94

UGXwolf wrote:

I don't think you guys are remembering the Melee intro properly. Ridley was definitely a fair bit bigger than Samus, who is already one of the tallest charterers in the game. The only reason it doesn't look like he was any bigger than Bowser is because it was in forced perspective, making Samus look bigger than she actually was.

Plus I'd add wingspan to that as well.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DanMan82

Whoever is in it, I'm still excited for it none the less. I feel just like Eric Cartman that time he was waiting for the Nintendo Wii...

"If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome."- Michael Jordan
“I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. Its because of them I’m doing it myself.” – ?????

TeeJay

The thing about Ridley is that he was already in Brawl as a boss...twice. and he was HUGE. Wouldnit really make sense to resize him now?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Bender

I just hope that Miis can carry monados as sword miis... THAT'D BE SICK!

For Great Justice!

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9298-9197 | Nintendo Network ID: Bendercade

CapeSmash

TeeJay wrote:

The thing about Ridley is that he was already in Brawl as a boss...twice. and he was HUGE. Wouldnit really make sense to resize him now?

Try telling that to the Ridley fanboys...

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

cookiex

DanMan82 wrote:

Whoever is in it, I'm still excited for it none the less. I feel just like Eric Cartman that time he was waiting for the Nintendo Wii...

Just don't freeze yourself, or else you'll wake up in the future and have to deal with a bunch of sea otters.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

DBPirate

Dashtag wrote:

When Ridley gets put in a video game only somewhat larger than Olimar, my mind will implode.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

TeeJay

Aarod-Kong wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

By that logic, Little Mac should've stayed an assist trophy and people shoud stop asking for Issac.

You completely missed my point. I'm saying the Smash Universe already established Ridley's size as huge. Was Little Mac a drastically different size as an assist trophy?

C'mon, man. You knew what I was getting at.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Nintendo_Ninja

They have huge characters in other fighting games. Just make him slow, but really good in the air.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

TeeJay

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

They have huge characters in other fighting games. Just make him slow, but really good in the air.

You guys are STILL missing the point. How hard is this to grasp?

Ridley has already been introduced IN THE SMASH SERIES as a humongous boss character. I'm not talking about other games. I'm talking about SMASH BROS. They have already featured him as a boss 20 times the size of a fighter IN THE SAME SERIES and all of a sudden he shrinks to maybe a bit larger then Donkey Kong or something? Seriously does that even sound like something Sakurai would do?

Edited on by TeeJay

CapeSmash

You people don't understand how awkward it would be to size down Ridley to Bowser size. Compare Samus to a Ridley sized Bowser, and you'll see how out of placed it looks. By the way, comparing Ridley's size situation to Bowser and Olimar is hilarious. Their size situation is much more different than Ridley's.

Also, Ridley fanboys please listen to @TeeJay

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Prof_Clayton

TeeJay wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

You guys are STILL missing the point. How hard is this to grasp?

Ridley has already been introduced IN THE SMASH SERIES as a humongous boss character. I'm not talking about other games. I'm talking about SMASH BROS. They have already featured him as a boss 20 times the size of a fighter IN THE SAME SERIES and all of a sudden he shrinks to maybe a bit larger then Donkey Kong or something? Seriously does that even sound like something Sakurai would do?

I don't understand why people are having such a hard time understanding this logic.
Some people argue things, like that Olimar was made larger for the game too. And they're right, he was made larger for the game. He wasn't originally some tiny pixel running around, and then they made him larger. Why would they shrink Ridley then, especially Sakurai? :/

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

MasterWario

Any large character that has wings will be incredibly difficult to shrink down without being awkward. Also shrinking Bowser a bit makes sense since they do it for Mario Kart.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

LzWinky

Why are we even arguing the "logic" behind Ridley's size when we have no clue as to how development works for this game?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

OmegaMetroid93

Are we really doing the Ridley-argument again!?
Sheesh, I thought we were past this. I can't wait for him to finally be shown as a stage hazard so people can shut up about it already.

Edited on by OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

NintendoFan64

Oh God, not the Ridley debate! Look, they can size him down, and I'm sure Sakurai'll find a way to not make the wings look awkward.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

UGXwolf

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Are we really doing the Ridley-argument again!?
Sheesh, I thought we were past this. I can't wait for him to finally be shown as a stage hazard so people can shut up about it already.

He's not a stage hazard, he's a stage boss, and of course the Ridley fans won't let it go. You can't tell me there wasn't anything fishy about that pseudo-reveal. Sakurai hasn't told us SOMETHING. Personally, I think it's that bosses will be playable via the GamePad and exclusively on the Wii U Version, but that's just me.

Anyways, it beats rambling on about that leak.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic