Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 13,801 to 13,820 of 27,917

Crimzonlogic

2Sang wrote:

Crimzonlogic wrote:

If Hades is too big, then so too are Medusa and Palutena. They are gods, they can make themselves any size they wish. So why can Palutena be a good choice, but not Hades or Medusa? They could be small like her and be playable.

Medusa and Palutena both have changed size in the same way bowser has though, so they don't follow the rules. Hades has only appeared once, as so incredibly large he would essentially be the size of a stage. I would like to see hades incorporated into dark pit's trailer provided unlockable characters get one. I would like to see dhd get one because I'm curious as to how that would work...

Kid Icarus Uprising minor spoilers(I don't know how to make spoiler tags, help?):

In chapter 9 and the later chapters, both Palutena and Medusa show that they are capable of making themselves as big as Hades. The goddesses can change their size at will, so why wouldn't Hades be able to make himself smaller? He is a god, as well.

At this point, I doubt there will be any more character trailers. We're less than two weeks away from release(in Japan).

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

LzWinky

2Sang wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I looked up the DHD's real name and apparently it's Mr Peppers. Yep, Mr Peppers. I have no link, but I'm looking for it now.
Edit: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wi...
This was the best one I could find.

Mr. Peppers here, Fox we have a new mission for you: you are going to shoot ducks. Forget Andross, ducks are what's in.

Not if we get you first!

Untitled

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Haxonberik

Not to sound rude to Ridley supporters, but it's size problem would definitely be worse than that of Hades. Hades is just human shaped and can easily be shrinked down to the size of other human characters without losing much detail. Ridley, however, is too thin and horizontally long to be represented in a much smaller way without having its proportions looking weird. And then there's the whole issue of animating it, even if they pull off the model. I'm not saying it's not possible to put it into the game and make it cool, but it would take a huge amount of effort (almost as huge as Ridley itself ) to do it, so I can sympathize with Sakurai and his team when/if they decide not to put it. As an extra, I'm not a huge Metroid fan, so I find it hard to think on a creative moveset for Ridley, but maybe that's just me.
Now PLEASE don't kill me Ridley fans :s

www.convectiongames.com

LzWinky

Ridley just doesn't work for me. What would he even do?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Shirma_Akayaku

WaLzgi wrote:

Block everyone's view.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

2Sang

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Block everyone's view.

OMG what if ridley became a replacement for nintendogs AT? His face just covers the screen and he opens his mouth and screeches.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Shirma_Akayaku

Morphbug wrote:

The new Nintendog AT is scary enough as it is.

I'm worried that they could potentially lag the game. I don't know why I feel this way, but maybe it's because seeing them in video makes it look like that.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

TuVictus

I feel like if ridley were to make it in, he'd just be similar to charizard in size. It's not impossible to make him playable

TuVictus

FlaygletheBagel

Mitsuko_Chan wrote:

Why is Waluigi being treated aside again? I know everybody hates him but Nintendo should give him a chance. In the future maybe he'll even be playable! Who knows.

I really do like Waluigi, but I also think he should have his own game before he gets included as a Smash fighter. All he's ever starred in are Mario sports, Kart, and Party games. As far as I know he's never actually been a protagonist or antagonist to a game. Just an extra "rival" to Luigi who we never see in action.

I've been wanting a Luigi-centric game that stars Waluigi as the villain for a long time, but it hasn't happened. In fact, Waluigi is kinda stuck in the same obscurity Luigi was in back in the NES through N64 days - just a brother to the more prominent sibling, and not much more than that.

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

Grumblevolcano

FlaygletheBagel wrote:

Mitsuko_Chan wrote:

Why is Waluigi being treated aside again? I know everybody hates him but Nintendo should give him a chance. In the future maybe he'll even be playable! Who knows.

I really do like Waluigi, but I also think he should have his own game before he gets included as a Smash fighter. All he's ever starred in are Mario sports, Kart, and Party games. As far as I know he's never actually been a protagonist or antagonist to a game. Just an extra "rival" to Luigi who we never see in action.

I've been wanting a Luigi-centric game that stars Waluigi as the villain for a long time, but it hasn't happened. In fact, Waluigi is kinda stuck in the same obscurity Luigi was in back in the NES through N64 days - just a brother to the more prominent sibling, and not much more than that.

Seeing as Nintendo loves to create fun local co-op experiences for Wii U, a new Wario Land game where Waluigi is player 2 could work.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

Waluigi was actually the main antagonist in Dance Dance Revolution Mario Remix.

But the closest thing he has had to recognition in a big Mario game is Mario dressing like him in the second Paper Mario if he equips both the Luigi and Wario costme badges at the same time.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoFan64

Morphbug wrote:

Waluigi was actually the main antagonist in Dance Dance Revolution Mario Remix.

But the closest thing he has had to recognition in a big Mario game is Mario dressing like him in the second Paper Mario if he equips both the Luigi and Wario costme badges at the same time.

Forget appearing in a big Mario game, why hasn't he appeared in any of the Wario games!? I'd love to see him in Wario Ware. He could be a part of it because he found out Wario started making video games, but didn't invite Waluigi in on it. Or better yet, there could be a two-player mode in a new Wario Land where player two controls Waluigi.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Nintendo6400

Ya I never understood the "Your too Big for Smash" thing. They could easily just resize certain characters for battle such as Ridley or Hades. I mean Bowser has been multiple sizes throughout the Mario series. Although, I guess size can influence the choice of some characters, just not the 2 I previously mentioned.

Edit: Then there's Olimar too being too small, but re was resized.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

ZurrrrBlattTron

Wasn't Ridley like as tall as bowser in that Melee intro? He looked perfectly fine there

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Azooooz

Isn't it about time that Sakurai writes his usual Smash Column in Famitsu Weekly?

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Nintendo6400

I have a feeling that Sakurai is going to these something in tomorrow's POTD being the 2nd to last Friday until the smash 4 release in Japan.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

UGXwolf

I don't think you guys are remembering the Melee intro properly. Ridley was definitely a fair bit bigger than Samus, who is already one of the tallest charterers in the game. The only reason it doesn't look like he was any bigger than Bowser is because it was in forced perspective, making Samus look bigger than she actually was.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic