Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 13,761 to 13,780 of 27,917

OdnetninAges

I still don't believe that Duck Hunt Dog, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario are in the game. Most of the leak has been proved correct so far, but I believe the pic. that shows the character select screen with those characters is part of a separate leak that used the artwork from the Shulk and Bowser Jr. leaks. Even if it is part of the same leak, I still don't believe it because there could be some false information put in to screw with people since most of the true stuff (Shulk's artwork, Spectator mode, All-Star mode) has actually turned out to be real through Pic. of the Day. Honestly, it would be the perfect plan.

Bowser Jr. is definitely in for sure, though. That's basically already been unofficially confirmed in my opinion. At first, I was annoyed because it was yet ANOTHER main-series Mario character. However, I've warmed up to him. He looks like he'd be a very unique character, and the Koopalings being his alternative costumes is awesome

If the whole thing does turn out to be real, then I'll be OK with it. Theoretically speaking, I'd be a bit excited that Dr. Mario was returning (even though it's another Mario character), but I'd think he should have been an alternative costume for Mario since they're the exact same character... Unless Dr. Mario's down special and Final Smash were different. Then I'd be content. I'd laugh (and then also be slightly disappointed) if he returned, and MewTwo didn't.

Dark Pit... I don't even know what to think. If he's a clone, what would his costumes be? Perhaps Dark Pit would inherit Pit's completely different moveset from Brawl? That would actually make a lot of since and justify Dark Pit's inclusion as a separate character in my opinion. I actually hope that's the case... But I still don't know what his alternate costumes would be, though.

I'm indifferent towards Duck Hunt Dog. I feel the same way towards him as I do Wii Fit Trainer... Completely unexpected, but I have no problem with him/her. I'll probably use him/her a few times.

Regardless of all of this, I still want the Chorus Kids from Rhythm Heaven in the game... Or at least a stage based on Rhythm Heaven Fever.

I wouldn't mind if Snake returned, but I don't mind if he's cut either. I wouldn't be surprised if he returned as a trophy.

Other than that, as of now, just about every character I could possibly want in this game (other than Wario, Lucas, Ice Climbers, and someone from the Rhythm Heaven series) has been officially confirmed to be either playable or an Assist Trophy, so I'm pretty darn happy with the roster so far. In my opinion, this is the best character selection for a Smash Bros. game so far.

Edited on by OdnetninAges

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

NintendoFan64

OdnetninAges wrote:

I still don't believe that Duck Hunt Dog, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario are in the game. Most of the leak has been proved correct so far, but I believe the pic. that shows the character select screen with those characters is part of a separate leak that used the artwork from the Shulk and Bowser Jr. leaks. Even if it is part of the same leak, I still don't believe it because there could be some false information put in to screw with people since most of the true stuff (Shulk's artwork, Spectator mode, All-Star mode) has actually turned out to be real through Pic. of the Day. Honestly, it would be the perfect plan.

Bowser Jr. is definitely in for sure, though. That's basically already been unofficially confirmed in my opinion. At first, I was annoyed because it was yet ANOTHER main-series Mario character. However, I've warmed up to him. He looks like he'd be a very unique character, and the Koopalings being his alternative costumes is awesome

If the whole thing does turn out to be real, then I'll be OK with it. Theoretically speaking, I'd be a bit excited that Dr. Mario was returning (even though it's another Mario character), but I'd think he should have been an alternative costume for Mario since they're the exact same character... Unless Dr. Mario's down special and Final Smash were different. Then I'd be content. I'd laugh (and then also be slightly disappointed) if he returned, and MewTwo didn't.

Dark Pit... I don't even know what to think. If he's a clone, what would his costumes be? Perhaps Dark Pit would inherit Pit's completely different moveset from Brawl? That would actually make a lot of since and justify Dark Pit's inclusion as a separate character in my opinion. I actually hope that's the case... But I still don't know what his alternate costumes would be, though.

I'm indifferent towards Duck Hunt Dog. I feel the same way towards him as I do Wii Fit Trainer... Completely unexpected, but I have no problem with him/her. I'll probably use him/her a few times.

Regardless of all of this, I still want the Chorus Kids from Rhythm Heaven in the game... Or at least a stage based on Rhythm Heaven Fever.

I wouldn't mind if Snake returned, but I don't mind if he's cut either. I wouldn't be surprised if he returned as a trophy.

Other than that, as of now, just about every character I could possibly want in this game (other than Wario, Lucas, Ice Climbers, and someone from the Rhythm Heaven series) has been officially confirmed to be either playable or an Assist Trophy, so I'm pretty darn happy with the roster so far. In my opinion, this is the best character selection for a Smash Bros. game so far.

I'm gonna have to agree with everything you said, though I really want the Duck Hunt Dog in the game. I've warmed up to the idea.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

C-Olimar

@OdnetninAges Dark Pit was basically confirmed at the end of Palutena's reveal trailer though, wasn't he? Why else would he be there?
I'm guessing it was supposed to be taken as a half-confirmation then left in the game for people to surprise people upon unlocking him. Sane with Game and Watch in the Pacman trailer.

Someone pointed out that one of the stages looks Rhythm Paradise-y, which is good news. I love that series!

Edited on by C-Olimar

C-Olimar

2Sang

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Sigh...remember before the leak happened? Before we kept talking about if it was real and having arguments over it? Back when we discussed who we thought could be in the game? Wasn't that great?

Like I just said a few hours ago, there's no point in trying to argue against those who refuse to accept facts. I'm done after this post speculating about it but just will simply refer to the characters in the pic as confirmed. I abstain from further debate about it until further leaks of high quality photo or videos are released showing those unconfirmed characters in action.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

TuVictus

There's not much to argue anymore other than how long do you think it'll be before we officially find out about the rest of the game

TuVictus

RR529

C-Olimar wrote:

@OdnetninAges Dark Pit was basically confirmed at the end of Palutena's reveal trailer though, wasn't he? Why else would he be there?
I'm guessing it was supposed to be taken as a half-confirmation then left in the game for people to surprise people upon unlocking him. Sane with Game and Watch in the Pacman trailer.

Someone pointed out that one of the stages looks Rhythm Paradise-y, which is good news. I love that series!

In terms of Dark Pit, his appearance in the Palutena trailer could indicate that he's a stage boss.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

OdnetninAges

@RR529

Yeah, that's what I thought at first, but as @C-Olimar said he could just be half-confirmed as playable... Like Mr. Game & Watch in the Pac-Man trailer...

EDIT: Never mind, just saw you were replying to C-Olimar. My brain failed for a few minutes...

Edited on by OdnetninAges

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Shirma_Akayaku

I feel like people who don't believe the leak at this point are just trying prove it wrong to be right, or because they are not satisfied with the roster choice. This kind of thing happened back then with Pokemon when Greninja was revealed for X & Y. People thought Greninja was made up of parts from Charizard and other Pokemon which was so ridiculous, but they were wrong. I'm pretty sure there are other instances where there was a real leak and people still denied it was real. I guess the only way to convince those people is if Nintendo revealed them, or if they unlock them on their own.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Eel

Yeah, the leak is real.

But yeah, what we don't know is if the leak is complete. Or if the text-based smaller leaks that accompanied it are real.

And third yeah, playable characters use special, nicer looking, renders for their portraits, so the chance of them being just copied from a screenshot of a trophy are very very small.

Fourth yeah- it's "Duck Hunt", why does everyone add the "dog" part?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoFan64

Morphbug wrote:

Fourth yeah- it's "Duck Hunt", why does everyone add the "dog" part?

Probably to show that we're talking about the dog instead of the Duck Hunt game.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Eel

The name indicates me that the character is actually the "game" and not just the dog.

Like it's not just the dog using ducks to attack, but more of a single entity/team that happens to be formed by the dog and the ducks.

Who knows though, but still.

Edit: ironically enough, kinda like the Ice Climbers.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Nintendo6400

I think DHD would make a better AT. Just imagine, you summon the Dog and than ducks start flocking everywhere. The hunter than attempts to shoot the Ducks with deku nut like ammunition. If a player gets shot, the dog will then do his iconic laugh. Although now that I think of it this might make a good final smash as well.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Crimzonlogic

As far as the recent leak goes(The ESRB image one), the only thing that makes me believe it's not entirely true is the dog's name. It should have the dog's real name(which I forgot), not Duck Hunt. But I hope it is real. I like those characters a lot. I just hope Dark Pit and Dr. Mario aren't actually clones. Dark Pit especially. There's so much they can do with him, so why pass that up and make him a clone?

Leak stuff aside, the characters I'm most looking forward to playing as are Palutena, Mega Man, Shulk, and Robin. Most of all, I look forward to trying Pit out. I always sucked pretty bad at Smash Bros, but in Brawl I think I wasn't half bad with Pit. Hopefully I can adapt to the changes made to him and keep him as my best character. Even if that doesn't happen, I'll probably be stubborn and still pick him a lot.

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Eel

It has a name?

Anyway, maybe... Since people are hoping dr mario will be a clone of melee's Mario (in other words, the same old Dr. Mario from Melee), maybe dark pit will be a clone of Brawl's Pit.

Since pit is getting an updated moveset, right?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

UGXwolf

@Shirma_Akayaku I'm arguing for two reasons:

1) If its true, I greatly disapprove of the choices in cuts and newcomers. (Specifically the unannounced ones since Lucina and Pac-man are the only disappointments and even then, Lucina has an excellent excuse and Pac-man is for strictly personal reasons.)

2) I hate bad logic. I mean I really hate bad logic. Assuming Duck Hunt is playable because part of the uniformed information has been confirmed is bad logic.

Also, noting that he's named Duck Hunt is extremely weird.

I've said this before and I'll reiterate. If this leak proves completely true, including the cipher, I can't imagine a more disappointing turn of events on my end. Its going so well, but if that's all we're missing? Then I'm as hyped now as I'm ever going to be.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Crimzonlogic

Morphbug wrote:

It has a name?

Anyway, maybe... Since people are hoping dr mario will be a clone of melee's Mario, maybe dark pit will be a clone of Brawl's Pit.

Since pit is getting an updated moveset, right?

Apparently so, or so I was told. Edit: Hm, wikipedia says it's nameless, and I can't find a name for it anywhere. Now I'm wondering where I even heard that it had a name?

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Eel

Had they used that name, it would be awkward for fox to fight against his General. Naked. And accompanied by ducks.

Anyway, I think they used that name to not exclude the ducks and to prevent the dog from being the focus. Like with ice climbers.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Shirma_Akayaku

UGXwolf wrote:

@Shirma_Akayaku I'm arguing for two reasons:

1) If its true, I greatly disapprove of the choices in cuts and newcomers. (Specifically the unannounced ones since Lucina and Pac-man are the only disappointments and even then, Lucina has an excellent excuse and Pac-man is for strictly personal reasons.)

2) I hate bad logic. I mean I really hate bad logic. Assuming Duck Hunt is playable because part of the uniformed information has been confirmed is bad logic.

Also, noting that he's named Duck Hunt is extremely weird.

I've said this before and I'll reiterate. If this leak proves completely true, including the cipher, I can't imagine a more disappointing turn of events on my end. Its going so well, but if that's all we're missing? Then I'm as hyped now as I'm ever going to be.

@UGXwolf I can relate to how you on the leak being (probably) true as a whole. Overall, it's not too exciting for me and I'm just patiently waiting for the game to come out so I can play it. I think when it comes to assuming Duck Hunt is playable, assuming isn't really the right term (at least how I see it). I'd rather take Duck Hunt into consideration then automatically assume they're in, like most people would. So you're right on what your saying; that kind of logic and assumption is bad, but consideration isn't.

In general, when it comes to believing the leak is true, it's possible, but it doesn't mean you have to like it. Like war, you can believe it's happening, but it doesn't mean you like it.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

UGXwolf

@MorphBug Dark Pit most likely would not be a clone of Brawl Pit, as all changes made to Pit were made for one of two reasons:

1) A mechanic was removed. (i.e. infinities removed his Side-B, gliding removed)
2) Balancing (Recovery is now a straight shot)
3) To make him fit KI:U better. (i.e. orbitars replace shield, The Sacred Treasures replace Cherubs)

There were likely other reasons mixed in like Palutena's inclusion, but these reasons were behind every change somewhere and it doesn't really make sense to undo them for Dark Pit add these conditions still exist. Even moreso that Dark Pit is only in Uprising.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic