Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 13,741 to 13,760 of 27,917

2Sang

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Waddle Dee skin for Kirby?

That's a great idea that would stop the complaining for bandana dee/waddle dee while fulfilling their needs

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Pootypie

SockoMario wrote:

The only thing I find fishy about the leak, is the lack of Ice Climbers. That polar bear enemy is in Smash Run, so I don't know why they would add an enemy from a cut franchise. I dunno, it's weird.

Sakurai said in June of 2013 that he was having difficulties adding the Ice Climbers in the 3DS version. In before you bring up Rosalina & Luma, the Ice Climbers and Rosalina are very different. There's 2 Ice Climbers, 1 which you control, and the other one that mimics your exact movements. Yes, Luma does mimic Rosalina's movements, however, the Luma uses different attacks than Rosalina, plus Luma is a lot smaller than the Ice Climbers.

I have some theories:

1. Ice Climbers are cut due to limitations on the 3DS.
2. They were cut to make way for more characters.
3. They're only in the Wii U version.
4. They're unlockable.

So yeah.

or they are just DLC...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Blast

SockoMario wrote:

The only thing I find fishy about the leak, is the lack of Ice Climbers. That polar bear enemy is in Smash Run, so I don't know why they would add an enemy from a cut franchise. I dunno, it's weird.

Sakurai said in June of 2013 that he was having difficulties adding the Ice Climbers in the 3DS version. In before you bring up Rosalina & Luma, the Ice Climbers and Rosalina are very different. There's 2 Ice Climbers, 1 which you control, and the other one that mimics your exact movements. Yes, Luma does mimic Rosalina's movements, however, the Luma uses different attacks than Rosalina, plus Luma is a lot smaller than the Ice Climbers.

I have some theories:

4. They're unlockable.

So yeah.

I think they are cut from the roster but Sakurai knows people like them so that's why the polar bear guys are in Smash Run. They can't be only in the Wii U version because 3DS only users would get angry and upset. There IS a chance they are hidden characters but I doubt it. We'll found out when the Japanese game releases.

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

TheGreatGamer wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

I have some theories:

4. They're unlockable.

So yeah.

or they are just DLC...

You don't think there wouldn't be a outrage to character DLC for Smash? We don't need Smash to play with DLC the same way Capcom has with Street Fighter.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CaviarMeths

SockoMario wrote:

Sakurai wouldn't make that sort of compromise. He's too much of a perfectionist.

This comment comes from over a year ago, much earlier in development, and as UGXWolf mentioned, he doesn't even specifically mention Ice Climbers.

SockoMario wrote:

Character slots are a completely fictional, made-up thing that don't exist. Sakurai could add 200 characters if he wanted. There's no limit.

SockoMario wrote:

He's been saying all along that the roster between the two games is identical.

SockoMario wrote:

4. They're unlockable.

Highly possible.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CapeSmash

CaviarMeths wrote:

Character slots are a completely fictional, made-up thing that don't exist. Sakurai could add 200 characters if he wanted. There's no limit.

Yes, I know. What I meant by that was that Sakurai didn't have enough time to recreate the Ice Climbers from scratch, so he removed them and added more characters instead. Or maybe he cut them in favor of DHD (assuming the leak is true).

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Kewlan

CaviarMeths wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Except for time and money.

Edited on by Kewlan

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Pootypie

Mario still uses FLUDD in Super Smash Bros... could that mean something...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

LzWinky

TheGreatGamer wrote:

It means he used it in Brawl too...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Pootypie

WaLzgi wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Yes indeed, in Brawl, now in this game. SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE 2 CONFIRMED!!! No, just kidding but I wish. The FLUDD move is the least move I use when I play Mario cuz I don't see much point of it.

Pootypie

ZurrrrBlattTron

FLUDD is actually super useful is used right, Marios moves in general are really trollish

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Nintendo6400

Theory Time!
You guys remember that leak? Of course you do. Well no surprise, I'm going to attempt to disprove some of it... again. In case somebody forgot who the leaked characters were they are Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt Dog, Dark pit and Dr. Mario. Ok, so the models for the supposed unannounced newcomers do look original and highly professional, but does that mean they are real? Well, I've been thinking it through a lot, and here is what I came up with.
According to those leak screenshots, which do look believable, there are going to be over 600 trophy's in the 3DS version alone! What are the odds that these supposed newcomers aren't just trophy's, and nothing else? That could prove why these models look so convincing, and from what I could tell, the leaker definitely had the game. Ya, even if these characters do end up being real they will definitely have trophy's, but still. Another fact is that the leaker lied about there being DLC in the game, and that apparently a number of other people had the leaked picture as well. One user admitted that he was planning on mocking up the artwork of shulk to make it look fake, but he was to late. True, Shulk did end up being real, but that doesn't prove the rest of the roster to be legit.

There is a another thing I noticed about the leak too, but it might be nothing. If you look at Rosalina and olimar, you'll notice that luma and the pikmin share the slot with their respective partners, but DHD remains by himself. When looking at the DHD full picture in one of the other screens, you'll definitely notice the Duck staring into the face of the dog. So why isn't the Duck sharing the smaller box with his partner? The Duck is suppose to help the Dog, right? On another note, the full names for R. and O. are "Rosalina & Luma" and "Pikmin & Olimar".Then according to the leak, "Duck Hunt Dog". It also seems important for me to note that on the Wii U e3 demo, Olimar didn't have his pikmin in the box with him while Rosilina had luma in the slot with her. But I suppose that could of changed over time, right? This was just a small overlooked detail I just happened to notice. Again, it could be nothing. Also I just find it strange to have the name of this character DHD, I mean, does it not have a real name?

I do have an idea what of how DHD could work as an AT, but unfortunately I have to do some important stuff right now. I'll post it later.

Edit: I didn't argue about Bowser Jr being fake because that footage looked to convincing even for me. I'm also aware that Dr. Mario is a veteran from melee.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

NintendoFan64

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Theory Time!
You guys remember that leak? Of course you do. Well no surprise, I'm going to attempt to disprove some of it... again. In case somebody forgot who the leaked characters were they are Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt Dog, Dark pit and Dr. Mario. Ok, so the models for the supposed unannounced newcomers do look original and highly professional, but does that mean they are real? Well, I've been thinking it through a lot, and here is what I came up with.
According to those leak screenshots, which do look believable, there are going to be over 600 trophy's in the 3DS version alone! What are the odds that these supposed newcomers aren't just trophy's, and nothing else? That could prove why these models look so convincing, and from what I could tell, the leaker definitely had the game. Ya, even if these characters do end up being real they will definitely have trophy's, but still. Another fact is that the leaker lied about there being DLC in the game, and that apparently a number of other people had the leaked picture as well. One user admitted that he was planning on mocking up the artwork of shulk to make it look fake, but he was to late. True, Shulk did end up being real, but that doesn't prove the rest of the roster to be legit.

There is a another thing I noticed about the leak too, but it might be nothing. If you look at Rosalina and olimar, you'll notice that luma and the pikmin share the slot with their respective partners, but DHD remains by himself. When looking at the DHD full picture in one of the other screens, you'll definitely notice the Duck staring into the face of the dog. So why isn't the Duck sharing the smaller box with his partner? The Duck is suppose to help the Dog, right? On another note, the full names for R. and O. are "Rosalina & Luma" and "Pikmin & Olimar".Then according to the leak, "Duck Hunt Dog". It also seems important for me to note that on the Wii U e3 demo, Olimar didn't have his pikmin in the box with him while Rosilina had luma in the slot with her. But I suppose that could of changed over time, right? This was just a small overlooked detail I just happened to notice. Again, it could be nothing. Also I just find it strange to have the name of this character DHD, I mean, does it not have a real name?

I do have an idea what of how DHD could work as an AT, but unfortunately I have to do some important stuff right now. I'll post it later.

Edit: I didn't argue about Bowser Jr being fake because that footage looked to convincing even for me. I'm also aware that Dr. Mario is a veteran from melee.

Those are some interesting points. For now, I'm just going to believe in Bowser Jr. and Wario.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

2Sang

WaLzgi wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Super Mario Sunshine HD 3D 2 trilogy confriemd for next week release for $1.99 on eshop!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea

CapeSmash

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Theory Time!

The dog isn't called "Duck Hunt Dog", it's just "Duck Hunt".

"Ok, so the models for the supposed unannounced newcomers do look original and highly professional, but does that mean they are real? Well, I've been thinking it through a lot, and here is what I came up with.
According to those leak screenshots, which do look believable, there are going to be over 600 trophy's in the 3DS version alone! What are the odds that these supposed newcomers aren't just trophy's, and nothing else?"

From what I got from that, you're trying to say the newcomers that haven't been officially revealed could just be ripped trophy models slapped on the CSS? Um, no. The characters on the CSS use artwork, and not 3D models from trophies. Plus, your reasons for trying to disprove the leak are very weak IMO.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

2Sang

Also, I saw a pic explaining that the Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo, and Choir boys were added to the original leak and are not part of it. For me, that's incredibly dissappointing. Those are probably the best 4 newcomers from brawl you could possibly add too.

UGXwolf

To people saying Rosalina seems easier to implement than IC, you do realize that Luma is essentially Nana, but has its own unique moveset from Rosalina. S
Luma isn't a separate AI.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

To people saying Rosalina seems easier to implement than IC, you do realize that Luma is essentially Nana, but has its own unique moveset from Rosalina. S
Luma isn't a separate AI.

Luma does have some AI and I believe Luma requires less AI than Nana. I personally really want Ice Climbers to still be in the game, looking forward to finding out if they are after the game comes out next Friday.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

NintendoFan64

Sigh...remember before the leak happened? Before we kept talking about if it was real and having arguments over it? Back when we discussed who we thought could be in the game? Wasn't that great?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

DefHalan

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Sigh...remember before the leak happened? Before we kept talking about if it was real and having arguments over it? Back when we discussed who we thought could be in the game? Wasn't that great?

I am still doing that. lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic