Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 13,721 to 13,740 of 27,917

Blast

TeeJay wrote:

Operative wrote:

People are using the hardware as the excuse, and I don't blame them, because Sakurai remarked how it was difficult for the 3DS to handle them. I'm pretty sure that's why he took out transformations so well. Now, he may have found a way around it, since this was way before Rosalina and Luma were announced

All the characters sans Lucina were decided before development so this makes no sense to me.

By the way @Blast have you played Kid Icarus online? Yeah the 3DS can definitely handle 4 measly online Ice Climbers.

Yep. I've played Kid Icarus: Uprising online before. But that's totally not the same as controlling multiple Ice Climbers.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

ZurrrrBlattTron

I would think that the ice climbers would be more difficult to implement, there essentially two exact same characters performing the same move at the same time but with one slightly more slower than the other, plus with all the technical stuff that goes into them fighting I could imagine why they would be hard to put in seeing the 3DS capabilities, Rosalina and Luma seem just a little more simpler imo but I'm no game designer so I have no idea

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

DefHalan

torotoid64 wrote:

I would think that the ice climbers would be more difficult to implement, there essentially two exact same characters performing the same move at the same time but with one slightly more slower than the other, plus with all the technical stuff that goes into them fighting I could imagine why they would be hard to put in seeing the 3DS capabilities, Rosalina and Luma seem just a little more simpler imo but I'm no game designer so I have no idea

I believe the AI behind Ice Climbers is far more advanced than Rosalina and Luma, and I believe this is the part that makes it difficult to implement Ice Climbers. Good Ice Climbers can get both characters to act independently (i have only been able to do it for a few seconds rarely).

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

TeeJay

TheGreatGamer wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Ok, so i'm not sure if its just me, but the way that article was worded makes me think that Sakurai never actually specified the Ice Climbers and they were added in as an example by the journalist or editor. Sakurai said "team characters." This nightcore made the person assume Ice Climbers and actually referred to Rosalina. If the I've Climbers are out, its not due to technical difficulties. Rosalina and Luma should be fat more difficult to implement.

I never knew Rosalina was fat

Well she is a heavyweight in Mario Kart 7 for some bizarre reason

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Undead_terror

Morphbug wrote:

Interesting, so his alt art is official!

Got to like the pic that pic with both him and Samus with their alts on....

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

@Jasser94 - Huh? What am I looking at? It's jus-- Wait...
Am I seeing that right? No Landing Lag?

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

CapeSmash

WaLzgi wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

The leak said each character would have 8 alts. LOL

The leak also said BJ's alts are the Koopalings.

The leak was wrong then. The characters only have 7 alts

"This time, though, all characters have eight colors to choose from!"

Um, no.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

TuVictus

I don't get it, is three something I'm missing?

TuVictus

Jazzer94

@DreamyViridi Seems in the latest build you can skip the lag animation by going into an attack, shield,or dash left and right as shown by Mario.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Nintendo6400

Jazzer94 wrote:

Just saw this on Smashboards there is hope after all.
Untitled

This was actually shown off at e3 when Sakurai first revealed Pac-Man. There should be a video of it somewhere on the web.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

2Sang

Jazzer94 wrote:

Interesting video comparing the leak to what has been released after about the game from Nintendo.

Everything he said is what my sentiments are. At this point, I don't even feel like arguing with people anymore because it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO obvious that it's real. We'll be proven right within a week.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

The_Ninja

SockoMario wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Um, no.

Because colors = alts

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Kewlan

Looks like Sakurai is listening to those competitive guys! Now this is something that makes me hyped!!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

CapeSmash

The only thing I find fishy about the leak, is the lack of Ice Climbers. That polar bear enemy is in Smash Run, so I don't know why they would add an enemy from a cut franchise. I dunno, it's weird.

Sakurai said in June of 2013 that he was having difficulties adding the Ice Climbers in the 3DS version. In before you bring up Rosalina & Luma, the Ice Climbers and Rosalina are very different. There's 2 Ice Climbers, 1 which you control, and the other one that mimics your exact movements. Yes, Luma does mimic Rosalina's movements, however, the Luma uses different attacks than Rosalina, plus Luma is a lot smaller than the Ice Climbers.

I have some theories:

1. Ice Climbers are cut due to limitations on the 3DS.
2. They were cut to make way for more characters.
3. They're only in the Wii U version.
4. They're unlockable.

So yeah.

Smash Mains:

CapeSmash

The_Ninja wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Um, no.

Because colors = alts

The leak said there are 8 colors for the characters, wether they be colors OR alts.

Smash Mains:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic