Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 13,681 to 13,700 of 27,917

DreamyViridi

"Wrath of the Reset Bomb" and "Theme from Area 6 / Missile Slipstream" are the new tracks. Both sound pretty good!

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

UGXwolf

Haxonberik wrote:

Guys, the PoTD just confirmed each character will have 8 color variations! This basically confirms leaked info ahead Alph and the Koopalings are in!

No, that doesn't confirm anything, yet again. It just makes it seem very likely. People have got to stop using "confirm" so much. It's starting to completely lose its meaning. What's confirmed is that there are 8 costumes for each characters. What's NOT confirmed is that Bowser Jr. will be in the game or that his alt skins will be the other Koopalings.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

LzWinky

SockoMario wrote:

The leak said each character would have 8 alts. LOL

The leak also said BJ's alts are the Koopalings.

The leak was wrong then. The characters only have 7 alts

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Nintendo6400

UGXwolf wrote:

Haxonberik wrote:

Guys, the PoTD just confirmed each character will have 8 color variations! This basically confirms leaked info ahead Alph and the Koopalings are in!

No, that doesn't confirm anything, yet again. It just makes it seem very likely. People have got to stop using "confirm" so much. It's starting to completely lose its meaning. What's confirmed is that there are 8 costumes for each characters. What's NOT confirmed is that Bowser Jr. will be in the game or that his alt skins will be the other Koopalings.

Agreed, although the Jr leak is most likely real. I also still have my suspensions on dark pit. How can pit and dark pit have 8 unique colors each?

On a side note, I really am hoping for king k rool now after seeing that everyone is going to have 8 color variations.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

LzWinky

Don't you know? New info can confirm other info...despite actually not confirming it.

So is "confirm" the next internet-abused term like "boycott" or "petition"?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TeeJay

WaLzgi wrote:

Don't you know? New info can confirm other info...despite actually not confirming it.

Is anything you say NOT sarcastic, Lz?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

NintendoFan64

Nintendo6400 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Haxonberik wrote:

Agreed, although the Jr leak is most likely real. I also still have my suspensions on dark pit. How can pit and dark pit have 8 unique colors each?

On a side note, I really am hoping for king k rool now after seeing that everyone is going to have 8 color variations.

I'm going to have to say yes to everything you just said.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

LzWinky

TeeJay wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Is anything you say NOT sarcastic, Lz?

Yes. This post isn't sarcastic!

ZurrrrBlattTron

Maybe Dark Pit gets darker color schemes while regular pit gets lighter color schemes dark pits red costume for example could mainly be Black with dark red and a blood red scarf while pits is his light red almost pink is red outfit, it could work

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

LzWinky

So many Pits, so little time

TeeJay

torotoid64 wrote:

Maybe Dark Pit gets darker color schemes while regular pit gets lighter color schemes dark pits red costume for example could mainly be Black with dark red and a blood red scarf while pits is his light red almost pink is red outfit, it could work

That'd be a good excuse to give his baby Pitty Pat 16 alternate colors

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MrWalkieTalkie

DestinyMan wrote:

Eight colors and/or costumes for all the characters really is great. It's going to be fun finding out what each character has.

It would be neat if Wario had his white top hat costume from WarioWare D.I.Y.

Or maybe even his Captain Wario outfit from Game & Wario

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Blast

The Ice Climbers are gone because the 3DS couldn't handle it. Its a shame but that's what I believe. And if the Ice Climbers were just in the Wii U version then people would get upset and angry. This is just another situation where I kinda wished the 3DS version of this game never existed OR was announced a year after the Wii U version released.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

DBPirate

DestinyMan wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Even though he's likely not in the games by now, I still want to believe he's being kept super-secret. There's already four costumes he could have: Kaptain K. Rool, Baron K. Roolenstein, King Krusha K. Rool, and his Mario Super Sluggers outfit. If Sakurai wants interesting characters, I don't think K. Rool would fall short of that at all.

Man, if Dixie really is in the game, she better have an interesting moveset, because I can't for the life of me think of anything that would be unique and cool. She wouldn't be a clone, but it can't be denied that she would have some strong similarities to Diddy. She's better than just having no DK newcomers at all, but I know Sakurai and team can do so much more.

If the leaks are real, then it seems the newcomer choices were mostly chosen by name recognition. This explains why the Ice Climbers would be cut, since they haven't had a new game and haven't appeared in six years. But then that wouldn't make much sense with Lucas and Wolf since Mother 3 is popular in Japan and Wolf is going to be in the new Star Fox game for Wii U. I don't know; I just think name recognition would be the biggest reason why Sakurai and team wouldn't make K. Rool playable. He hasn't been used in six years and they might have reasoned that gamers these days wouldn't recognize him. Maybe if they decide to make DLC, K. Rool could be playable that way so us old school Donkey Kong fans could have the option to play him. But then there's still the Kremlings being common enemies in Smash Run, so who knows?

Actually, the Ice Climbers have appeared in NES Remix and are going to appear in Ultimate/NES Remix Pack later this year but I get what you mean.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

CaviarMeths

Blast wrote:

The Ice Climbers are gone because the 3DS couldn't handle it.

Yes it can.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Nintendo6400

Ever since Sakurai announced that you will be able to play all star mode from the start has really effected the chances of DLC in my opinion. At first I thought it would've been awkward to add characters to the game knowing that you have to unlock every character in order to play all star mode. Now seeing that characters will be added to the mode each time you unlock a character makes It seem less awkward; to me at least. Also, I believe the only way for a character to become DLC is only if he or she does not already appear in the game. Meaning a character like Ghirahim ( ) or Virdi do not have a chance. Although an exception could be if a character only appears as a trophy in the game, than that character might have a chance. So let's say King K. Rool only appears as a trophy and nothing else, he could be later implemented through the game through DLC.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

Blast wrote:

Yes it can.

tries to imagine 3DS' screen with multiple Ice Climbers players while its online.... Ummmm.... I don't think the 3DS can handle it. They would've been confirmed by now UNLESS they are truly a secret character.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MrWalkieTalkie

Blast wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Blast wrote:

Yes it can.

tries to imagine 3DS' screen with multiple Ice Climbers players while its online.... Ummmm.... I don't think the 3DS can handle it. They would've been confirmed by now UNLESS they are truly a secret character.

You heard it here first folks! If Blast can't imagine it, then it's officially impossible!

Who cares about hardware specs when we have imagination to tell us what's what!

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic