Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 13,521 to 13,540 of 27,917

TeeJay

UGXwolf wrote:

@TeeJay, but I thought that was obvious since E3 2013. o.o I'm more interested in the close-up look at Riki.

I guess there was so much going on during those matches that I never noticed. Also my go-to sources for Smash info like Game Explain and various Smash Bros Tumblr blogs never mentioned it either.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Inkling

TINGLE!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

UGXwolf

@TeeJay Yeah, that really annoyed me. I don't think they had it in place over Poke'mon and ATs, yet, but at the very least, we saw it whenever someone defeated the Yellow Devil. So I guess that's actually the Smash Direct in April, huh?

My point is, I've been expecting them to do this since April. And everyone that brought it up seemed to think it was a glitch of some sort. X3

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

2Sang

SockoMario wrote:

R_Champ wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

I really don't mind Dr. Mario returning I'm more annoyed about there being a lot of clones and most of the most unique characters potentially being the ones cut.

This is exactly what ticks me off. Clones should ALWAYS get cut first, no matter what game they come from. Falco and Dark Pit? Two of the biggest wastes of roster slots

Falco is not even a clone in Brawl. Do your research please. Also, "slots" don't exist.

Slots don't exist, but falco is one of the biggest clones in the series.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

2Sang wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

R_Champ wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

I really don't mind Dr. Mario returning I'm more annoyed about there being a lot of clones and most of the most unique characters potentially being the ones cut.

This is exactly what ticks me off. Clones should ALWAYS get cut first, no matter what game they come from. Falco and Dark Pit? Two of the biggest wastes of roster slots

Falco is not even a clone in Brawl. Do your research please. Also, "slots" don't exist.

Yeah, I agree, but he's iconic for Star Fox fans, more so than Wolf.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

NintendoFan64

Tsuchinoko wrote:

2Sang wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

R_Champ wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

I'm probably going to make some people angry, but I don't really care for Falco in Starfox because, well, he's a...um...can I say it on this site?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Pootypie

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

2Sang wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

R_Champ wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

I'm probably going to make some people angry, but I don't really care for Falco in Starfox because, well, he's a...um...can I say it on this site?

Yes.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

FlaygletheBagel

The pic of the day is pretty boring. But honestly I feel like we're close to knowing just about everything about this game except the fighters (at least as far as the PotD is concerned), so there can't be many more minute details he can share with us. Fighters, stages, and music are the only things that interest me about the 3DS version anymore.

I have a feeling he's going to stretch out the fighter reveals until the Wii U version comes out, but at least by the time the 3DS version hits, he can start focusing the POTD on modes, details, and content in the Wii U version (which is still largely a mystery to us).

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

Blast

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"The legendary hero Riki appears as an Assist Trophy and in Shulk's Final Smash!! As an Assist Trophy, he uses many arts like Happy Happy, Freezinate, and Yoink! He sounds a bit like Tingle…but don't worry, Tingle will make an appearance too.
By the way, a cursor will appear above Assist Trophies and Pokémon to indicate which fighter is its ally. Now you can tell right off the bat who it belongs to!!"

.... Shulk looks amazing in HD.... yet a Xenoblade Chronicles port isn't coming along with Xenoblade Chronicles X.... instead XC is coming to New 3DS as an exclusive.....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Tsuchinoko

Blast wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"The legendary hero Riki appears as an Assist Trophy and in Shulk's Final Smash!! As an Assist Trophy, he uses many arts like Happy Happy, Freezinate, and Yoink! He sounds a bit like Tingle…but don't worry, Tingle will make an appearance too.
By the way, a cursor will appear above Assist Trophies and Pokémon to indicate which fighter is its ally. Now you can tell right off the bat who it belongs to!!"

.... Shulk looks amazing in HD.... yet a Xenoblade Chronicles port isn't coming along with Xenoblade Chronicles X.... instead XC is coming to New 3DS as an exclusive.....

Well since anyone can play Xenoblade on current hardware it would really be a waste to rerelease it just so it can be HD. Putting it on the 3ds would reach a wider audience and allow people who don't own a Wii or WiiU to experience it.

Jazzer94

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Blast wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

[img]

Well since anyone can play Xenoblade on current hardware it would really be a waste to rerelease it just so it can be HD. Putting it on the 3ds would reach a wider audience and allow people who don't own a Wii or WiiU to experience it.

Smart strategy get them hooked on the 3DS version and then they'll only be able to play Xenoblade Chronicles X on Wii U which means more sales potentially.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

FlaygletheBagel

@Blast Well you never know, right? Don't forget that Bayonetta 1 is being bundled with Bayonetta 2, and we didn't learn about that till E3 this year. Who's to say Nintendo won't do the same with Xenoblade next year?

Something tells me the limited-release Wii version of Xenoblade 1 isn't going to be the only one to choose from in 2015. We'll at least get the New 3DS version soon. And even if we never get that in the West, they'll hopefully end up making more copies of the Wii version so that more people can experience the game. It would be asinine for them to do nothing with Xenoblade before Xenoblade X comes out.

Edited on by FlaygletheBagel

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

Tsuchinoko

Jazzer94 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Blast wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

[img]

Smart strategy get them hooked on the 3DS version and then they'll only be able to play Xenoblade Chronicles X on Wii U which means more sales potentially.

Haha, quite possible!

NintendoFan64

TheGreatGamer wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

2Sang wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

R_Champ wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Yes.

Ah, good. I ifnd Falco to be a d*k, plain and simple.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Tsuchinoko

NintendoFan64 wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

2Sang wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

R_Champ wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Yes.

Duck!

And I find Ganondorf to be a beautiful, delicate flower.

ZurrrrBlattTron

Tsuchinoko wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

2Sang wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

R_Champ wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Yes.

Duck!

And I find Ganondorf to be a beautiful, delicate flower.

I find Ganondorf kawaii desu actually
Untitled

Edited on by ZurrrrBlattTron

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

UGXwolf

Tsuchinoko wrote:

2Sang wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

R_Champ wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Which begs the question: why cut either one? Wolf doesn't deserve to be cut and Falco is to iconic.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MegaStoneSmash91

There's really no reason to cut either one, as @UGXwolf said. Falco is a fan-favorite character who is barely even a clone anymore thanks to his changes in Brawl. Wolf is a sort of antagonist character, which we always need more of, with a unique moveset outside 1 or 2 of his specials and Final Smash.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

LzWinky

I don't know much about the development process of Smash, so I can't really say whether they'll be cut or not or even why

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

IceClimbers

Considering how close we are to the Japanese release date for Smash 3DS, do you think we'll get another character announcement before then, or will there be at least one by the overseas release?

I feel like we might get one more veteran announcement before the Japanese version releases (either Wario or Ganondorf).

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic