Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 13,481 to 13,500 of 27,917

NintendoFan64

IceClimbers wrote:

Mega Man: Rise up, young boy, and make youself a legend! (phone rings) Oh, what's that? Seems your legend has just been CANCELLED.

Oh that is mean XD!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

TuVictus

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Splatom wrote:

Guys, of course Mario is going to look like Mario.

I'm not sure if you're kidding, or if this is some kind of running joke. Mario looking like himself isn't the issue here, it's the specific artwork of Mario that appears to be where the Dr. Mario art came from. It seems that the effort to disprove Dr. Mario in the leak has itself been disproved.

Mario has that generic pose in a bunch of official artwork. I really wouldn't use it as "proof" that Dr Mario might be shopped in, especially after the Shulk little Mac one was a load of bull

TuVictus

LzWinky

I do believe the Mario/Dr. Mario comparison was sarcastic

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Eel

UGXwolf wrote:

To use the argument Alax did in favor of the roster against it, it's a lot harder to make a tiny little edit like that than people might think. I really don't see this distortion MorphBug is talking about, either. This could very well be a shopped image, and the low quality is just to cover it up.

The left ear and sideburn were added, the mouth, eyes, nose, eyebrows, hat and other details are stretched around to fit.

You can see the original pic it was made from in my previous post. The truth is, there's no official art of Mario in that exact pose and angle, so they just took the closest thing and modified it to say "see? It can be done."

If anything it only helps it look real-er

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LzWinky

Needless to say, despite Shulk's appearance, the leak is still not 100% confirmed yet.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Kewlan

Sakurai said that, as soon as alternate skins play a even a little bit differently, then the skins become their own character. So what difference will Dr. Mario and Dark Pit have..?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

DreamyViridi

Kewlan wrote:

Sakurai said that, as soon as alternate skins play a even a little bit differently, then the skins become their own character. So what difference will Dr. Mario and Dark Pit have..?

Well, if Dr, Mario is really a thing; I can't see him having FLUDD. My guess is that Dr. Mario would play like Mario in Melee. That's a big "maybe" though.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

DreamyViridi

Actually, thinking about it, there could be a few differences between the two:

• No FLUDD (wouldn't make sense) = Different Down-Special.
  • Different physics? Slightly more powerful but not as acrobatic.
  • Pills replace Fireballs. Neutral-Special is affected but more importantly could mean a different Final Smash.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Jazzer94

I really don't mind Dr. Mario returning I'm more annoyed about there being a lot of clones and most of the most unique characters potentially being the ones cut.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Eel

DreamyViridi wrote:

• Pills replace Fireballs. Neutral-Special is affected but more importantly could mean a different Final Smash.

It would be cool if his final smash was virus buster, your enemies become colored viruses and pills fall from the sky and you need to pick them up with a cursor and move them to destroy the virus.

The game would provide you with enough pills to destroy them all, but it would be like playing the game in hard (three pills at once) and they could fall relatively fast.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ZurrrrBlattTron

Had lucina not been revealed when she did people would had said "FAKEEEEEEEEE LOOK AT HER! HER POSE IS HER MASKED ARTWORK FROM AWAKENING JUST WITHOUT A MASK TO MAKE IT MORE BELIEVEABLE FAKEEEEEEEEE CALLING IT 100% FAKE I BET MY CAT ITS FAKE"

Edited on by ZurrrrBlattTron

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Jazzer94 wrote:

I really don't mind Dr. Mario returning I'm more annoyed about there being a lot of clones and most of the most unique characters potentially being the ones cut.

Surely if you consider the leak to be the only characters then the only unique ones missing are Ice Climbers, Snake (3rd party so could have gone either way), Ivysaur and Squirtle (there's already 5 Pokémon playable)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

torotoid64 wrote:

Had lucina not been revealed when she did people would had said "FAKEEEEEEEEE LOOK AT HER! HER POSE IS HER MASKED ARTWORK FROM AWAKENING JUST WITHOUT A MASK TO MAKE IT MORE BELIEVEABLE FAKEEEEEEEEE CALLING IT 100% FAKE I BET MY CAT ITS FAKE"

Very true.

I hope Dr. Mario's final smash is something that involves pills and viruses

TuVictus

DreamyViridi

Morphbug wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

It would be cool if his final smash was virus buster, your enemies become colored viruses and pills fall from the sky and you need to pick them up with a cursor and move them to destroy the virus.

The game would provide you with enough pills to destroy them all, but it would be like playing the game in hard (three pills at once) and they could fall relatively fast.

Could work, having a hard time imagining it, though.
I can see Dr. Mario having a 'Virus Outbreak' as a Final Smash. First, he'd take a bottle of Viruses and shake them out. Viruses would bounce around and damage opponents, then a few seconds later, Dr. Mario would throw Megavitamins to get rid of the Viruses. The Megavitamins would also damage opponents with high-launching power.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo6400

DreamyViridi wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Although I'm still skeptical of the Dr Mario picture from the leak, I am starting to warm up to him being in smash again.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Budda

DreamyViridi wrote:

I think his Final Smash is more or less the same.
Instead of fire it's electricity. :3

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

R_Champ

Jazzer94 wrote:

This is exactly what ticks me off. Clones should ALWAYS get cut first, no matter what game they come from. Falco and Dark Pit? Two of the biggest wastes of roster slots if you're getting rid of Snake and Ice Climbers to make room for them. Having them on top of all the original characters? Who cares, but them replacing original movesets...get ready to hear "LANDMASTER!!!!1" online a lot...Haha it might actually be funny to give Dark Pit a black Landmaster just to troll...there better at least be a hack for it

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

Nintendo6400

I'm upset that Mario's final smash is the same too, but they did improve it a bit. If Mario uses his final smash within a certain range of his opponents, the enemy fighters will freeze and be forced into flaming mouths of the dragons. Similar to ganondorf's final smash. Also the flames travel at a higher speed.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Nintendo_Ninja

Doctor Mario should have a Dr. Luigi costume.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic