Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 13,441 to 13,460 of 27,917

LzWinky

Morphbug wrote:

Well we already knew we would be able to send characters from the 3ds to the wiiu and maybe the other way around too.

They could even make it possible to use a 3ds as a controller to play the wiiu version.

No no don't do that. That will confuse the consumer base with like 7 control method possibilities

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Eel

Aw it's just gamepad, wiimote, wiimote+nunchuck, classic controller, classic controller pro, wiiu pro controller, GameCube controller, DDR Dance Pad, balance board and 3DS!

Easy.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TuVictus

I wouldn't mind besting people in smash with nothing but dance moves

TuVictus

TeeJay

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

FlaygletheBagel wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

I still want it to be only Mario, and you'll have to unlock everyone else ._.

I would like this too, if only for the feeling of accomplishment and progression that comes with it. It would add even more longevity to the game if you had to unlock every character except one. I know that this is clearly not the opinion of everyone here, but I would love if they did this.

Or, maybe more realistically, start with only 4 characters, since there are four player inputs.

Or we could start with the original eight?

Mario
Link
Samus
Kirby
Pikachu
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Fox

That'd be another great throwback to N64 Smash to go along with the results screen music!

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Retro_on_theGo

OdnetninAges wrote:

So, remember how in Snake's codec call for Sonic in Brawl, he said that Sonic "rubbed him the wrong way" and how there was something about him he just didn't like?

Well, Sonic is back in the new games, and Snake is looking less and less likely to return every day. (Though, he hasn't been completely deconfirmed yet.)

Just a funny little coincidence(?) I noticed.

If I'm remembering correctly that line was put in because Snake's Japanese voice actor is also Eggman's voice actor.

Jazzer94

Morphbug wrote:

Well we already knew we would be able to send characters from the 3ds to the wiiu and maybe the other way around too.

They could even make it possible to use a 3ds as a controller to play the wiiu version.

But the 3DS as a controller would put the player at a disadvantage.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Sir_Diabeetus

Jazzer94 wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

Because playing three screens = Bad. It makes so much sense now.

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

TeeJay

Jazzer94 wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

How so?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TuVictus

The nub doesn't really allow for as much dexterity as a stick. You can't really smash it to the side like you could a stick, and if you do, it'll probably get all loose and wobbly

TuVictus

LzWinky

Would they even need to look at the 3DS screen?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Jazzer94

TeeJay wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

How so?

If this is a serious question I'm going to assume you've either not played either version or only one of them. First circle versus analogue stick and second would be the L and R buttons.

WaLzgi wrote:

Would they even need to look at the 3DS screen?

No.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

TeeJay

Operative wrote:

The nub doesn't really allow for as much dexterity as a stick. You can't really smash it to the side like you could a stick, and if you do, it'll probably get all loose and wobbly

Weird...I've gone through a lot of 3DS's and I've used them all A LOT. I never had that problem. Sure the grey coating has been stripped off more than once but my circle pads have never been wobbly.

And no, I haven't been priveliged enough to play any version, sadly.

Edited on by TeeJay

TuVictus

I'm actually really worried about smash 3DS because of this problem. My original 3DS has a tiny bit of wobbliness to it, and I wasn't even rough on it since games just required gently pushing in a direction, but with smash, that's the difference between walking and a smash attack/sprinting. I'm scared of jamming it to the side over and over as I play the game

TuVictus

OdnetninAges

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

So, remember how in Snake's codec call for Sonic in Brawl, he said that Sonic "rubbed him the wrong way" and how there was something about him he just didn't like?

Well, Sonic is back in the new games, and Snake is looking less and less likely to return every day. (Though, he hasn't been completely deconfirmed yet.)

If I'm remembering correctly that line was put in because Snake's Japanese voice actor is also Eggman's voice actor.

Wow, really? lol wow, I never knew they had the same Japanese VA. I love it when video games / TV shows make little references like that.
Although, I still think it'll have a double meaning if Snake does end up not returning.

Morphbug wrote:

I hope they make it an option. I'm going to get used to the 3DS controls by the time the Wii U version comes out. Plus, it'd be cheaper for my Video Game Club... Everyone can just bring their 3DS (and copy of SSB3DS).

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

UGXwolf

OdnetninAges wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

Wow, really? lol wow, I never knew they had the same Japanese VA. I love it when video games / TV shows make little references like that.
Although, I still think it'll have a double meaning if Snake does end up not returning.

Morphbug wrote:

I hope they make it an option. I'm going to get used to the 3DS controls by the time the Wii U version comes out. Plus, it'd be cheaper for my Video Game Club... Everyone can just bring their 3DS (and copy of SSB3DS).

SOMEONE IN THIS THREAD WITH ANY HINT OF ART TALENT! Please make a short comic featuring the Codec scene with Snake saying that Sonic rubs him the wrong way and then a flash forward with Sonic in the line-up for this new Smash Bros and have him look over at a line of spots marked for veterans and have some of them empty with cut characters listed and cobwebs. Put the focus on the one marked for Snake, and then a close up of Sonic crying. Genius.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MegaStoneSmash91

The eshop roster image doesn't look like the starting roster to me. Too many characters, and some of the ones that are there seem more like unlockables. I think it's a safe bet that the 3rd party characters are unlockable. Villager and Wii Fit Trainer seem like starters, though, and past hidden characters like Luigi, Lucario, and Toon Link will probably stay as unlockables. Robin, Palutena, and Greninja also seem like they'd be hidden. Marth is most definitely a starter since he's on the boxart and there are 3 other characters from the same series. I think it makes sense for him by now anyway.

I must admit, Smash does have me concerned for my circe pad's health as well. It didn't seem too bad playing it at Smash Fest, but perhaps weeks of playing could cause some issues. That was one day, and I couldn't be sure of how new those 3DS systems were. Here's hoping I won't have to replace my circle pad every month or something like that.

Also, Amazon has all the amiibos up for pre-order, but Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Marth are listed as being unavailable. I was looking to get Villager with my other amiibos off Amazon, so if anyone knows why this might be I'd be interested.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

IceClimbers

Speaking of codecs, I hope to god that there will be Kid Icarus ones that have Hades involved in some way. I want to see Hades mock everyone on the roster.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic