Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 13,421 to 13,440 of 27,917

Jazzer94

DreamyViridi wrote:

I personally don't think that's the starting roster, simply because we typically started small in the Smash Bros. games. At the very least, I can see Luigi, Palutena, Rosalina, Robin, Shulk, Greninja, Sonic and Pac-Man (among a couple others) being unlocks. Although maybe that is the starting roster because of the lack of different requirements that would be needed to challenge them. I don't really mind either way.

Definitely not the starting roster as that is more than double Brawls.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

CapeSmash

Kewlan wrote:

I still want it to be only Mario, and you'll have to unlock everyone else ._.

That would scare people off from buying the game.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

CapeSmash

This probably is the starting roster, because every character revealed on the Brawl dojo before release (minus the third-party characters) was on Brawl's starting roster.

Smash Mains:

Sir_Diabeetus

Kewlan wrote:

Only Mario... Why would you want an starting roster that's only have 1 character in it. (◣_◢)

Edited on by Sir_Diabeetus

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

Grumblevolcano

They should make it that Luigi is available from the start and Mario's unlockable especially as Smash was revealed on the year of Luigi!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LzWinky

Luigi will always be a secret character

Or better yet, you have to unlock the privilege to play Weegee

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ZurrrrBlattTron

I think they just did it to show off the current roster, Lucy wasn't probably shown in there cause she got way overshadowed by Robin xD they probably forgot her poor Lucy

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

ZurrrrBlattTron

Sorry for double post buuuuuuuuut I think the unlockables are
Marth
Lucina
Robin
Shulk
Lucario
Greninja
Palutena (?)
Captain Falcon
Toon link
Luigi

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

LzWinky

torotoid64 wrote:

Marth
Lucina
Robin
Shulk
Lucario
Greninja
Palutena (?)
Captain Falcon
Toon link
Luigi

I'd wager that we'll have at least 20 unlockables

That picture has 36 characters which is far too many for a starting roster

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CapeSmash

torotoid64 wrote:

Marth
Lucina
Robin
Shulk
Lucario
Greninja
Palutena (?)
Captain Falcon
Toon link
Luigi

Marth... UNLOCKABLE!? Why in the world would they put an unlockable character on the box art? Yeah, he's not unlockable.

Smash Mains:

OdnetninAges

So, remember how in Snake's codec call for Sonic in Brawl, he said that Sonic "rubbed him the wrong way" and how there was something about him he just didn't like?

Well, Sonic is back in the new games, and Snake is looking less and less likely to return every day. (Though, he hasn't been completely deconfirmed yet.)

Just a funny little coincidence(?) I noticed.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

FlaygletheBagel

Kewlan wrote:

I would like this too, if only for the feeling of accomplishment and progression that comes with it. It would add even more longevity to the game if you had to unlock every character except one. I know that this is clearly not the opinion of everyone here, but I would love if they did this.

Or, maybe more realistically, start with only 4 characters, since there are four player inputs.

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

IceClimbers

SockoMario wrote:

torotoid64 wrote:

Marth
Lucina
Robin
Shulk
Lucario
Greninja
Palutena (?)
Captain Falcon
Toon link
Luigi

Marth... UNLOCKABLE!? Why in the world would they put an unlockable character on the box art? Yeah, he's not unlockable.

Plus Marth is in the initial wave of amiibo. Yeah, there's no way he is an unlockable.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NinjaWaddleDee

FlaygletheBagel wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

I would like this too, if only for the feeling of accomplishment and progression that comes with it. It would add even more longevity to the game if you had to unlock every character except one. I know that this is clearly not the opinion of everyone here, but I would love if they did this.

Or, maybe more realistically, start with only 4 characters, since there are four player inputs.

Or we could start with the original eight?

Mario
Link
Samus
Kirby
Pikachu
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Fox

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

RR529

We know there will be some sort of interaction between the 3DS & Wii U versions, and I was wondering...

What if stage creation is a Wii U exclusive mode, but you'd be able to download a certain number of created stages onto a 3DS (like 5, or 10). Maybe via QR code, direct communication between a 3DS & Wii U, and/or some sort of online database (a place where both 3DS & Wii U owners could go to download other people's creations)?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

LzWinky

RR529 wrote:

We know there will be some sort of interaction between the 3DS & Wii U versions, and I was wondering...

What if stage creation is a Wii U exclusive mode, but you'd be able to download a certain number of created stages onto a 3DS (like 5, or 10). Maybe via QR code, direct communication between a 3DS & Wii U, and/or some sort of online database (a place where both 3DS & Wii U owners could go to download other people's creations)?

Sure, but how would they connect? Has a 3DS game connected with a Wii U game directly before?

Also, I'd say that the first 12 amiibos confirm part of the starting line-up

TuVictus

You could download DS game demos wirelessly though the Wii, so the 3DS and Wii U can definitely interact in the same way like in local Monster Hunter multiplayer.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

LzWinky

Is that so? Well it's a possibility then

Eel

Well we already knew we would be able to send characters from the 3ds to the wiiu and maybe the other way around too.

They could even make it possible to use a 3ds as a controller to play the wiiu version.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic