Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 13,361 to 13,380 of 27,917

Eel

I'd certainly love it if this game doesn't force me to play in Spanish just because that's the language I use on my system.

But knowing Nintendo, it will probably do.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sir_Diabeetus

Tsuchinoko wrote:

NintenNess wrote:

I also want the option to change the Language to Japanese, just like in Melee. Instead of going to the main menu setting, changing the language and going back to the game. :l

What? You can do that for brawl?

Only on the PAL version of brawl I believe. They're Voice also change in an certain Language outside English in Europe..(I guess is by changing the Main Menu language.) But in Ntsc and Pal Melee, you can actually change the language though the option mode. For NTSC. You change from English to Japanese. For PAL, it's English, Spanish, German, French, Danish, Etc. (They don't have a Japanese language option. in PAL.)

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

MrWalkieTalkie

So me and my brother were discussing, and so we've come to a question:

Does the possibility of DLC now skyrocket since the upcoming New 3DS will be able to handle more content and data? Basically thanks to New 3DS it looks like the 3DS version won't hold back the Wii U version after all when it comes to the possibility of add-on content.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

DefHalan

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Does the possibility of DLC now skyrocket since the upcoming New 3DS will be able to handle more content and data? Basically thanks to New 3DS it looks like the 3DS version won't hold back the Wii U version after all when it comes to the possibility of add-on content.

does that mean Smash would have New3DS ezclusive DLC? Maybe if it was free DLC it would work but still that does seem odd

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Tsuchinoko

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

I guess you have a point. We'll have to wait and see. Only two weeks from today.

I was eyeing that Monster Hunter 4G special pack.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

mamp

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

But Smash is still compatible for the Old 3DS I feel like Nintendo wouldn't screw fans over like that. Not to mention there's the whole multiplayer aspect to consider and other stuff. How can the new 3DS get DLC and not the old one? I mean IDK squat about technology so feel free to correct me but wouldn't it be a potential problem?

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Late

I wonder how high Shulk jumps with his jump buff + bunny hood. Will he kill himself if he jumps even once?

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

CaviarMeths

midnafanboy wrote:

Alright so shulk is announced and dunban and riki are both in shulk's final smash.But where Reyn? Is his time over?

Clearly, it was Time to Tip the Scales™, so Reyn Time™ has been postponed indefinitely.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Tsuchinoko

mamp wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

But Smash is still compatible for the Old 3DS I feel like Nintendo wouldn't screw fans over like that. Not to mention there's the whole multiplayer aspect to consider and other stuff. How can the new 3DS get DLC and not the old one? I mean IDK squat about technology so feel free to correct me but wouldn't it be a potential problem?

Its just baseless speculation. Best not to worry about it too much at this point. The "New" 3ds is looking like the DSi of the 3ds family.

Smash has been in development for way too long. Would they have been able to develop anything for something coming out after the games release?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

TeeJay

Yeah I highly doubt they would add New 3DS exclusive content to Smash. They know how volatile their fanbase is.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Eel

Maybe they could do something simple like...

"New 3ds enhanced: assist trophies run in 60fps if you are using a New 3DS system."

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

UGXwolf

My problem with this leak is in your comments. Do you know how many times I read the word "proof" in some form or another when trying to catch back up? Way too many. I think we need to re-educate some of you on what constitutes proof. Proof, by its nature, is irrefutable. There is no arguing that something is proven when you have proof. At least no sensible arguing. I see no proof that the leak is 100% true. None whatsoever. I admitted quite a while back that denying the leak has some legitimacy at this point is silly, but that doesn't mean that these leaks (as there are actually four sources, atm, rather than the apparently assumed one). I can't help but take note how people seem to forget things or ignore details just because there's some amount of legitimacy involved.

Now, if you want some proof that the leak is 100% true, go get me an actual copy of Smash 3DS and let me find all this content myself. Until then, all we have is further evidence and nothing more.

tl;dr - I'll believe this leak is 100% true when I can see it for my own eyes in the game, itself.

EDIT: I also notice that a lot of people seem to be forgetting that the Wii U version won't be exactly the same as the 3DS version. There will undoubtedly be more content, exclusive modes, and the game will just overall run better. Control options will be more abundant, yada, yada, yada. My point is, just because the games look similar doesn't mean they're the same. Just because we didn't get something in the 3DS version doesn't mean we won't get it in the Wii U version. I can't wait until mid-September so we can start getting some Smash Wii U focus.

EDIT 2: I've ALSO noticed that people STILL don't understand properly why Sakurai didn't make another cutscene-based story mode for Smash 4. I shouldn't be shocked, as no one really listens when it gets explained, but here goes! ahem SAKURAI DIDN'T MAKE A SUBSPACE EMISSARY FOR SMASH 4 BECAUSE HE DIDN'T FEEL THAT THE CUTSCENES WERE A WORTHWHILE REWARD FOR THE PLAYER SINCE YOU COULD JUST LOOK THEM UP ON YOUTUBE! It had absolutely nothing to do with leaks or ruining the story. He just wanted the reward to be something you couldn't properly enjoy on a video hosting website. He wanted it to be something that you could only properly enjoy by PLAYING THE GAME!

What does this mean? It means that there may, indeed, be an actual story-type-mode in this game that we know next to nothing about. Doubt it's in the 3DS version, but that's cool because that just means it'll be in the Wii U version, instead. So for the love of Mike and all the heavenly bodies, please stop saying that Sakurai cut Subspace from the game as a form of punishment for leaking the game after it had already come out or because he was disappointed that you could watch it on YouTube. While not entirely false, this fails to convey the point in a meaningful way and it just spreads the idea that Sakurai is a selfish child that wants things his way and only his way. He doesn't deserve that. Not with the amount of dedication he put into this game. He doesn't deserve that at all.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

TeeJay

Morphbug wrote:

"New 3ds enhanced: assist trophies run in 60fps if you are using a New 3DS system."

I guess that's inconsequential enough to be acceptable and not make those who haven't got the money to drop just yet feel alienated.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Undead_terror

Morphbug wrote:

But how would that effect people with old models, you would be online with a 60fps assist going on while other players have 30, unless you would be set back to 30 but I don't think they would bother doing something like this.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

UGXwolf

UGXwolf wrote:

EDIT: I also notice that a lot of people seem to be forgetting that the Wii U version won't be exactly the same as the 3DS version. There will undoubtedly be more content, exclusive modes, and the game will just overall run better. Control options will be more abundant, yada, yada, yada. My point is, just because the games look similar doesn't mean they're the same. Just because we didn't get something in the 3DS version doesn't mean we won't get it in the Wii U version. I can't wait until mid-September so we can start getting some Smash Wii U focus.

EDIT 2: I've ALSO noticed that people STILL don't understand properly why Sakurai didn't make another cutscene-based story mode for Smash 4. I shouldn't be shocked, as no one really listens when it gets explained, but here goes! ahem SAKURAI DIDN'T MAKE A SUBSPACE EMISSARY FOR SMASH 4 BECAUSE HE DIDN'T FEEL THAT THE CUTSCENES WERE A WORTHWHILE REWARD FOR THE PLAYER SINCE YOU COULD JUST LOOK THEM UP ON YOUTUBE! It had absolutely nothing to do with leaks or ruining the story. He just wanted the reward to be something you couldn't properly enjoy on a video hosting website. He wanted it to be something that you could only properly enjoy by PLAYING THE GAME!

What does this mean? It means that there may, indeed, be an actual story-type-mode in this game that we know next to nothing about. Doubt it's in the 3DS version, but that's cool because that just means it'll be in the Wii U version, instead. So for the love of Mike and all the heavenly bodies, please stop saying that Sakurai cut Subspace from the game as a form of punishment for leaking the game after it had already come out or because he was disappointed that you could watch it on YouTube. While not entirely false, this fails to convey the point in a meaningful way and it just spreads the idea that Sakurai is a selfish child that wants things his way and only his way. He doesn't deserve that. Not with the amount of dedication he put into this game. He doesn't deserve that at all.

Quoted from the last page so people can see and because I think this part is extremely important.

UGXwolf

Undead_terror wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

But how would that effect people with old models, you would be online with a 60fps assist going on while other players have 30, unless you would be set back to 30 but I don't think they would bother doing something like this.

I don't see how this would be a problem. The only difference is that the animation would be a tad smoother for you than it is for them.

Inkling

Yeah, in mid September there's probably going to be a Wii U version trailer in a Direct, showcasing new modes

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

MegaStoneSmash91

@UGXwolf Do you ever get tired of being right? Seriously, though, I was about to quote that mini-essay you wrote for the very same reason you did. It was a good read.

As for the Wii U version, I have no doubt it will be just as content-heavy as Brawl, most likely more than that. We know very little about it still, but I think Sakurai's going to pull out the big guns soon after the 3DS version releases. The Snapshots feature is obviously coming back. Capturing those HD Smash moments is just too good to pass up, and I don't see Sakurai removing such a great extra. The Stage Builder seems like an obvious inclusion for the Wii U version. Again, no reason to remove this, and I can only wonder how much it has improved. Brawl's Stage Builder got the concept right, but was still rather simplistic. More options, parts, backgrounds, and stage features would make this even more fun to mess around with. The single player section on the Wii U is sure to have some awesome Adventure/Subspace quality mode in addition to the standard other ones. And how many trophies are there going to be? What other extras will pop up? I already love the content on the 3DS version. The Wii U version is going to be positively legendary.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Jazzer94

I swear I'm still confused how some of you are still going on about how the Wii U version is going to be different when we've known this since the start and we've also known why Subspace was cut as well.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic