Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 12,961 to 12,980 of 27,917

Nintendo_Ninja

UGXwolf wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Most of the people who are really pushing for the leak to be fake are the ones who had their characters cut just saying, after POTD matching leak material I think people just need to accept this.

But this just bothers me even more. If the leaks are true, we should likely believe the leaker has been caught. And if the leaker has been caught, Nintendo is well aware of
these leaks. And if Nintendo is well aware of these leaks, Sakurai probably is, too.
Why would Sakurai KNOWINGLY substantiate a true leak?

Hype

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

cookiex

DreamyViridi wrote:

cookiex wrote:

The game should already have gone gold by now anyway so it's not like he can make changes to discredit the leak.

Outside of taking a couple of characters/features out.

You don't know what "gone gold" means do you?

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Nintendo_Ninja

But seriously guys, we don't even know the full roster yet. Demon car was a trophy in one of the screenshots and that is from Mother 3!

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

UGXwolf

DreamyViridi wrote:

cookiex wrote:

The game should already have gone gold by now anyway so it's not like he can make changes to discredit the leak.

Outside of taking a couple of characters/features out. Which I could see happening if he was mad enough.

I couldn't. Sakurai, if nothing else, believes in artist integrity. Why do you think Smash Wii U is still slated for 2014? He said he wants it out this year, and he'll do anything in his power to make that happen. I also don't think this would get him so far down he couldn't think to completely avoid addressing anything in the leak. He could've shown a screenshot of another minute detail or a stage that wasn't unlocked in the leaker's "copy." Or heck, even confirmed a newcomer that hadn't been unlocked yet, either. It doesn't quite add up right to me. Again I may be grasping at straws because I'mma be pissed if they cut Wolf and added Dr. Mario, but something about this whole situation seems very, very off. Far TOO convenient. Know what I mean?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DreamyViridi

@cookiex - I do now, my bad. I'm still a tad sour over the leak from yesterday so I wasn't thinking my reply. Sorry...
It seems there's still some secret stuff in the games, so that's something I guess...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

UGXwolf

Again, may be grasping at straws, here, but anyone notice that when Bowser Jr. launches, a few things happen:

1) He hovers in the air momentarily before rocketing upwards.
2) He seems to turn black, as if burnt or charred.

Sound familiar?

Also, notice how that tongue attack looks. Look like anything you know?

And what about this sound at about 4-5 seconds into the compiled leaks video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiOWnujhhPs

(IGNORE THIS PART!)
The volume is way down, but does anyone else hear a red-clad chimp?
(IGNORE THIS PART!)

Edit: I look more closely and saw it was Bowser Jr. picking up an item upon landing... whoops. XD

Anyone stop to wonder why the sound is so low? Again, possibly grasping at straws, but I'm more than a tad paranoid about these videos.

Edited on by UGXwolf

Jazzer94

@DestinyMan I'm not suggest he plans all the screen shots at the beginning more so he has each month laid out in advance.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

UGXwolf

@Jazzer94 I wouldn't say he likely even goes that far with it. He may have a series of pictures lined up for it, but who's to say he can't make new ones and show off ones that don't substantiate the leak in the meantime? I'm just saying it all seems a little TOO perfect.

TeeJay

Tsuchinoko wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Welp. That's it. They match. The leak is as good as confirmed in my mind if it wasn't already. But what does Omega Form mean? On the top right?

But that was my point, what part of the leak is confirmed for you? Just the Shulk Bowser Jr part? Everything?

Well this pic of the day completely matches one of the images in the leak. Why would they fabricate only some of the things that were leaked? The evidence is pretty solid in my opinion ((we even got videos and everything)) and if you STILL don't believe it after all this has been shown to us then you are either grasping at straws or just really really stubborn.

((By the way I didn't read those two huge posts you guys made earlier so I don't know what it was you were saying))

And to answer my own question about the Omega Form, I think it probably means the stage's Final Destination form.

If you're not going to read what I write but you're going to reply anyway then that's on you.

My original comment wasn't even directed at you but you referred to it in your reply in a "like I said" manner as if I should have known. That's why I said I didn't read you guys' long posts.

Basically what I was saying was that my reply was my own thoughts that I was just putting out there and not any sort of reply to anything.

If I was replying to you I would have quoted you like I've been doing this whole time.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Jazzer94

@UGXwolf Except the recent trend of pictures has been about all the subtle features of the 3DS version Spectator mode, Classic mode and Music.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Nintendo6400

I still think the B Jr leak could be real, but the shulk one is just a mod.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

ZurrrrBlattTron

Ah so Meta Kirby is a color and not his transformation, nice :3 I like it and @teejay can I just say your profile picture always makes me giggle xD don't know why haha
And on the POTD series, I think it's planned to a degree but exceptions are made like when that "palutena leak" happened Sakurai basically went off on a week of Kid Icarus posts even posting the palutena statue in the stage.

Edited on by ZurrrrBlattTron

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Captain_Toad

Dat other kirby color...

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

TeeJay

@torotoid64 Oh well thanks, I drew it myself.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

FlaygletheBagel

I know we've sort of touched on this before, and I also posted something similar on the news article, but I feel like venting a little bit about this leak.

I'm honestly frustrated at this leak getting out, and I also feel so horribly bad for Sakurai, who went through hand injuries making this game, who went to great lengths to keep us on our toes and surprise us, who toiled over this game night and day just to have it spoiled before it even hits stores.

Like it or not, this kind of stuff hurts Sakurai. He was so excited for people to see the cutscenes in Brawl, and got saddened and frustrated when people put all of the Subspace cutscenes on Youtube. That's the very reason he isn't including a Subspace campaign in the new games. If it upset him when people posted the game's content to YouTube AFTER the game came out, imagine how he feels now, when (assuming that character select screen is true) the game's nearly-full roster leaks weeks BEFORE the game comes out.

I like knowing the full roster as much as anybody, but geez. Think of the guy who is actually making this content for you. If I were him and I had to go through crap like this, I would just stop making these games altogether. I doubt Sakurai will do that, but who knows? I'd be pretty frustrated if I were him.

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

Sir_Diabeetus

@FlaygletheBagel What's interesting is This thing happened to pretty much the same thing on a Leaked copies of Pokemon X before the game is released. Not sure if they posted leaked Pics of the copy though. Yet, I do feel bad for developers working on the game, and yet spoiled, all because of an NOA employee (Maybe?)

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

TuVictus

Black Kirby with yellow eyes looks so cool. Like a heartless actually. Which reminds me, I need to get triple deluxe. I wonder if it's good

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic