Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 12,921 to 12,940 of 27,917

FriedSquid

So the one thing I don't get about this supposed roster is why the characters are out of place. Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit are all outside of their franchise areas. Some have suggested this is the "Clone Corner", but if so, then why isn't Ganondorf with them? It looks like he still is a C. Falcon clone.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Undead_terror

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

So it looks like these leaks are real! R.O.B. RETURNS! I'm officially done with arguing with people that R.O.B. will return, I know many of them are now resorting to saying "it's probably just a fake leak, it's not official!" but I'm just gonna let them keep saying that, not much time left until the game launches, so go ahead, keep convincing yourself R.O.B. won't return for as long as you still can. I'm just gonna laugh it up over here!

I'm glad since he was one of my favorite characters in brawl!

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

MsJubilee

Oh damn now i feel sad cause lucas is out.Cause the leak is real except about DR.Mario and dark pit.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

KryptoniteKrunch

Squid wrote:

So the one thing I don't get about this supposed roster is why the characters are out of place. Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit are all outside of their franchise areas. Some have suggested this is the "Clone Corner", but if so, then why isn't Ganondorf with them? It looks like he still is a C. Falcon clone.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that caught that. That was a big red flag for me when the leak first came out. Even if they're unlockable, previous Smash Bros. games have put the unlockable character adjacent to a character in the same franchise. (I'm a 1,000 percent sure once you unlocked Dr. Mario in melee he was next to Mario.) They wouldn't be DLC either. This leak looks pretty believable, but it's odd that those 3 characters in particular are not in the correct spots.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

LzWinky

Dr. Mario was in the top left (left of Mario) in Melee

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

JC10101

But wasn't Pikachu in the middle of the Mario reps in melee?

3DS: 4425 1513 9879
Wii U : JC10101
Part of team EXP gaming! I main Ness and Sheik~

Twitter:

TuVictus

Yup. Characters were out of place when you still have people to unlock, and as proven by the locked all stars mode, this isn't the entire roster, meaning those icons will shift as you unlock the final characters

TuVictus

UGXwolf

@SockoMario But why 178? Why not 175 or 150? Shouldn't the difficulty affect his AI more than it does his HP?

And I still don't believe this leak, but I feel this video makes so many good points I can't NOT share it. (If you don't want to believe this leak, don't watch this vid, since they make a rather convincing case.)

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

RR529

Spectator mode (where you simply watch others' online matches) has been announced for the 3DS version in today's PotD, and you have the ability to bet your in-game gold on the winner for a chance of a major payout!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Haxonberik

Yeah, that was in the leak too, omega mode stage thingy and all. Just stop denying it guys, all images on the leak are real...

www.convectiongames.com

UGXwolf

Haxonberik wrote:

Yeah, that was in the leak too, omega mode stage thingy and all. Just stop denying it guys, all images on the leak are real...

Actually, there's significant evidence against that idea, one of which being that the "leak" is actually a culmination of multiple leaks by anywhere from one to four people.

Also, if the Shulk images are legit, why then, does the game zoom in on Shulk at the end match screen, since he's a CPU and not Player 1?

Also, someone actually admitted to modifying some of the pictures, including the render of Shulk and the end match screen (which originally said "disabled" instead of "disabled."

Edited on by UGXwolf

May_Nyan

The interface for this mode matches one of the images shown on Imgur.

May_Nyan

Haxonberik

@UGXWolf Well Shulk was the match's MVP most likely, so that'll be thd first thing. And all the different sources, if they actually are different, are way too consistent with each other to be considered separately. Anyway, leak or not, Shulk is basically in already so I don't really care that much.

www.convectiongames.com

UGXwolf

Haxonberik wrote:

@UGXWolf Well Shulk was the match's MVP most likely, so that'll be thd first thing. And all the different sources, if they actually are different, are way too consistent with each other to be considered separately. Anyway, leak or not, Shulk is basically in already so I don't really care that much.

A lot of "leaks" were fairly consistent with the Gematsu leak, but we didn't consider them a part of the same leak. Though I suppose that's not the point. Shulk being the MVP makes sense, as the person playing Lucina didn't appear to be very good at it. I can drop that point, for now. Something still feels off about this whole thing.

On the note of today's pic of the day substantiating the leaks... doesn't anyone find that a little odd? Maybe even a bit convenient? I actually thought about this earlier today and thought this might happen. I thought of how Sakurai would react to the leaks and decided it would be one of three things, most likely. He'd either ignore the leak completely, in which case it was probably true, he'd disprove it like he did with Takamaru (though speculation is up in the air if that was intentional or not) in which case it's obviously false, or he'd substantiate the rumor but make no mention of it, which can go either way.

My thinking is that by substantiating a false rumor, Sakurai could be trying to make it sound legit so we still get surprised by the game, itself. On the flipside, he could always just be ignoring the leak altogether and proceeding as planned, in which case, my analyses are pointless.

Also, I just listened to the sample of the Mega Man Medley and it sounds amazing. o.o A very nice rock rendition of the official MM2 theme and Dr. Wily's castle that really stand out as Mega Man's overall theme. In fact, does anyone else think this music may in fact be themes for each character? Specifically Toon Link, Pikachu (or some other Poke'mon), Mega Man, Miis, and ???? Ok, maybe not, but it's a thought.

May_Nyan

UGXwolf wrote:

A lot of "leaks" were fairly consistent with the Gematsu leak, but we didn't consider them a part of the same leak.

Those leaks were just words, this leak has been convincing images and videos, with todays miiverse image even confirming one of the leaked images to be accurate.

Edited on by May_Nyan

May_Nyan

UGXwolf

May_Nyan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

A lot of "leaks" were fairly consistent with the Gematsu leak, but we didn't consider them a part of the same leak.

Those leaks were just words, this leak has been convincing images and videos, with todays miiverse image even confirming one of the leaked images to be accurate.

Words or images. All can be fabricated with impressive skill. Did you know that a single person in one day completely fixed a broken PC game with a simple patch. Not even 24 hours after Dark Souls II launched. One guy released a patch that fixed everything wrong with it that From Software and Namco couldn't fix throughout the entire development period. I'm not at all implying this is even remotely the same situation. I'm just pointing out that people are amazing and in a world of over 7 billion, to think that one might have the time, resources, and analyzing capabilities to properly predict a lot of these things or for them to stretch minimal resources to seem more substantial than they actually are.

At this point, I can't argue that the whole thing is false, of course, and obviously, I don't want Wolf cut, but aside from that, I do feel like we should point out that the roster likely shrinks in size to suit the number of characters.

On a side note, I honestly didn't think a roster could possibly disappoint me, after seeing the 37 (39) confirmed characters, but after seeing this, I can't believe I was wrong about that. I don't feel like the "added" characters are worth the "cut" characters.

On that note, something tells me the leaker doesn't know the full roster, even if we assume that all images and videos are 100% legit, I see no reason to think he knows what the full roster is other than two separate suggestions as to what would fill the rest of the roster. He lied about it with the DLC, but the cuts make no sense, honestly. Ok, sure, Lucas and Wolf are "clones" but they're the least cloney clones in the series aside from Luigi. Wouldn't it make more sense to cut Falco, if "clone" was the reason? And yet Toon Link and Ganondorf are still clones? And Dr. Mario and Dark Pit get slots? And why in God's name would Ice Climbers get the boot? So Duck Hunt Dog could get in? That'd be a fair trade, if Ice Climbers were Brawl newcomers, but they're accepted parts of the series, now. Those three cuts simply don't add up.

Fact of the matter is, you could sit me down in front of the very DVD that all of this footage came from, show me the package it came in and prove to me that the address matches Nintendo, and I'd still feel wrong about this leak. Even if the game comes out, if this is the real deal, I'm going to feel pretty off about it. Just thinking about this is starting to set a lump in my gut. I know I'm going to love the game, and a few weeks from now, my hype will re-amp, but something about the way this leak just unceremoniously tosses out the information messes with my judgement. Makes me want to believe more than anything that it's false.
(This is getting rambly, but I'm on a roll. If you don't wanna hear it, I suggest tuning out now. I'm kinda figuring this out as I go.)

Maybe this is why I actually preferred Gematsu. They teased and revealed in installments, making it seem like there was thought behind it, but in this case, it just seems like some jerk decided to ruin Sakurai's hard work by killing the suspense he worked so hard to maintain. Don't get me wrong, the leak doesn't hurt the game, but this next month will be far more boring without that anticipation. >.< It's so hard to talk about this in earnest without trying to slip into my original belief that Wolf and Lucas were safe.

On that note, what about the Polar Bear? I suppose he could be there by his lonesome, but I don't think they'd throw him in without a rep to go with him... I don't know. Something just seems very off, here. Maybe it's just the way it was all thrown out there, but something seems very off.

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

May_Nyan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Words or images. All can be fabricated with impressive skill. Did you know that a single person in one day completely fixed a broken PC game with a simple patch. Not even 24 hours after Dark Souls II launched. One guy released a patch that fixed everything wrong with it that From Software and Namco couldn't fix throughout the entire development period. I'm not at all implying this is even remotely the same situation. I'm just pointing out that people are amazing and in a world of over 7 billion, to think that one might have the time, resources, and analyzing capabilities to properly predict a lot of these things or for them to stretch minimal resources to seem more substantial than they actually are.

At this point, I can't argue that the whole thing is false, of course, and obviously, I don't want Wolf cut, but aside from that, I do feel like we should point out that the roster likely shrinks in size to suit the number of characters.

On a side note, I honestly didn't think a roster could possibly disappoint me, after seeing the 37 (39) confirmed characters, but after seeing this, I can't believe I was wrong about that. I don't feel like the "added" characters are worth the "cut" characters.

On that note, something tells me the leaker doesn't know the full roster, even if we assume that all images and videos are 100% legit, I see no reason to think he knows what the full roster is other than two separate suggestions as to what would fill the rest of the roster. He lied about it with the DLC, but the cuts make no sense, honestly. Ok, sure, Lucas and Wolf are "clones" but they're the least cloney clones in the series aside from Luigi. Wouldn't it make more sense to cut Falco, if "clone" was the reason? And yet Toon Link and Ganondorf are still clones? And Dr. Mario and Dark Pit get slots? And why in God's name would Ice Climbers get the boot? So Duck Hunt Dog could get in? That'd be a fair trade, if Ice Climbers were Brawl newcomers, but they're accepted parts of the series, now. Those three cuts simply don't add up.

Fact of the matter is, you could sit me down in front of the very DVD that all of this footage came from, show me the package it came in and prove to me that the address matches Nintendo, and I'd still feel wrong about this leak. Even if the game comes out, if this is the real deal, I'm going to feel pretty off about it. Just thinking about this is starting to set a lump in my gut. I know I'm going to love the game, and a few weeks from now, my hype will re-amp, but something about the way this leak just unceremoniously tosses out the information messes with my judgement. Makes me want to believe more than anything that it's false.
(This is getting rambly, but I'm on a roll. If you don't wanna hear it, I suggest tuning out now. I'm kinda figuring this out as I go.)

Maybe this is why I actually preferred Gematsu. They teased and revealed in installments, making it seem like there was thought behind it, but in this case, it just seems like some jerk decided to ruin Sakurai's hard work by killing the suspense he worked so hard to maintain. Don't get me wrong, the leak doesn't hurt the game, but this next month will be far more boring without that anticipation. >.< It's so hard to talk about this in earnest without trying to slip into my original belief that Wolf and Lucas were safe.

On that note, what about the Polar Bear? I suppose he could be there by his lonesome, but I don't think they'd throw him in without a rep to go with him... I don't know. Something just seems very off, here. Maybe it's just the way it was all thrown out there, but something seems very off.

Ugh, I can't help it. I want to stay away from all Smash related stuff, but its impossible this far in. And maybe I like discussing this stuff with you guys.

You and I are thinking very similar, and I'm in a similar situation with wanting to keep Lucas in, but since I firmly believe that, if this leak is true, its incomplete. The varying degrees of quality in the pictures on the character select screen, the fact that the leakes seems like a total jerk, and many other things just aren't sitting well with me.

If there is any truth to the leak, I don't think we should trust it 100 percent. Gematsu was right until it was not, and most people dropped it. Lets say those videos are real, does that mean the character select screen is? Even if it is, is it the final roster? Is that stage select screen, which is surprisingly devoid of new stages, a part of the same leak?

Sure, I get that at this point, flat out denying the leak appears to have merit is hard, but does that mean that the information we were given is complete? What ie the leaker had partial information and filled in the rest with his own work?

I'm sorry, I guess I'm rambling too now.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

TeeJay

Welp. That's it. They match. The leak is as good as confirmed in my mind if it wasn't already. But what does Omega Form mean? On the top right?

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic