Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 12,621 to 12,640 of 27,917

NintendoFan64

DestinyMan wrote:

It's a bit disappointing that Green Hill Zone on the 3DS is only going to have two tracks when in Brawl that stage had a huge selection of music.

I guess that variety will be reserved for the Sonic: Lost World stage in the Wii U version. What music would you want for that? Lately, I've been thinking that I would like to hear the final boss music of Sonic: Lost World there.

Hmm...probably Planet Wisp. I think that would work great in that stage.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

ShadJV

I want a Sonic Adventure 2 stage with the truck, I mean I think it's a long shot but I'd love that!

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Tsuchinoko

NintenNess wrote:

But In general, The most underrated character is Pichu. I hate how people hate Pichu just because he damage himself. Really?! All that hate just because of a character that damages himself? That's just so Pathetic, it's actually stupid. Pichu's the worst character in melee, so what? That doesn't mean that Pichu can actually be good. Like The_Ninja said, "Some of the characters are more difficult to be good at, so you just have to practice with them In order to be good at."

I also don't know why People just hate Yoshi on Melee and Brawl.

Hate, stupid, and pathetic are such strong words. Let's be more positive 'kay! (^_^)v

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

UGXwolf

@NintenNess Yes, but no. Pichu is considered weak because anything he does, Pikachu can do better and without damaging himself. As I recall, Pichu wasn't even that much faster than Pikachu, himself. As for being good at a character, it often takes more than just practice. No matter how much I practice them, I'll never stand up to a competitive main as Ness, Lucas, or Zelda. On the other hand, my Wolf and Ike aren't too shabby, and it's looking like I'll be adding Little Mac to that list in about a month.

On that note, can you guys believe it's only about five to six weeks before this game launches here in NA?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

@NintenNess Yes, but no. Pichu is considered weak because anything he does, Pikachu can do better and without damaging himself. As I recall, Pichu wasn't even that much faster than Pikachu, himself. As for being good at a character, it often takes more than just practice. No matter how much I practice them, I'll never stand up to a competitive main as Ness, Lucas, or Zelda. On the other hand, my Wolf and Ike aren't too shabby, and it's looking like I'll be adding Little Mac to that list in about a month.

On that note, can you guys believe it's only about five to six weeks before this game launches here in NA?

How funny, my mains are Zelda, Lucas, and Diddy, and I got really strong with them. I've never been able to figure out Pit, Olimar, Ice Climbers, or Jiggleypuff. I've met one Zelda main and one Lucas main stronger than me. With those characters you have to be super tactical.

Jiggleypuff mains are funny. The last one I met was a really butch, beardy Japanese guy who split his time between Jiggleypuff and Donkey Kong. That rolling move and the one hit kill can be powerful in the right hands.

Is it just me or are there way too many Pikachu mains who rely on spamming that darn lighting bolt move. Makes me glad Zelda can deflect it. Is she the only one who can do that?

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Jazzer94

@UGXwolf The game launches 3rd October in EU as well apart from Australia I think.

@NintenNess Pichu is a bad character from a technical standpoint, of cause a good player could beat people with Pichu (I've seen it first hand and tournament streams) but they are gimping themselves and in most cases disrespecting their opponent in doing so as Pichu isn't good technically.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Tsuchinoko

Jazzer94 wrote:

@UGXwolf The game launches 3rd October in EU as well apart from Australia I think.

@NintenNess Pichu is a bad character from a technical standpoint, of cause a good player could beat people with Pichu (I've seen it first hand and tournament streams) but they are gimping themselves and in most cases disrespecting their opponent in doing so as Pichu isn't good technically.

Less than three weeks here. Were at 20 days I think.

I think everyone who plays Smash has to be aware of their mains flaws and work around them. Zelda has two moves specifically that I really think are poorly done, but a Zelda main would just practice those moves more so that they can be useable in an emergency, or change tactics and never use them, just like with any character. If a character is too flawed, then its too easy to be exploited by more experienced players.

Lucas has a lag problem with a lot of his moves, but they hit hard. A Lucas main would have to be really good at reading their opponent.

I know nothing about Pichu. Does the character have advantages over Pikachu, like Toon Link does with Link?

Jazzer94

@Tsuchinoko IIRC Pichu is the lightest character in Melee and is also really easy to chain throw, though he is slightly faster than Pikachu it really is negligible given how little range its attacks have and taking damage from attacks is also a killer I think it is either 1-3% or 1-4% which in a long fought stock match will rack up fast.

In PM Lucas is a bit broken as his combos are very hard to DI out of as well as the fact he can get an infinite on some floaties.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

TeeJay

As someone who mains Lucas, I can agree that reading the opponent is crucial to land attacks like his Up A, but when it hits it's a killer!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Tsuchinoko

TeeJay wrote:

As someone who mains Lucas, I can agree that reading the opponent is crucial to land attacks like his Up A, but when it hits it's a killer!

Yeah, same with his down smash.

The one thing I see as the same between Lucas and Zelda is that standard aerial spin they both have. It doesn't do too much damage but it looks great and its nice for an aerial combo.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Sir_Diabeetus

@Tsuchinoko Bah, I couldn't really get an positive side on me when I talk about tiers. I also laughed how many stages are going to be banned in the New Smash Bros. (On Competitive play.)

So in other hand, All the tier list is kinda pointless. I mean what's the point of Tiers if anyone can become good with the character? I'm not surprised If I'm see an tier list on the New Smash Bros. It's like using anyone on the very bottom of the tier list is disrespecting the opponent when it's just an character.

Edited on by Sir_Diabeetus

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

DBPirate

How about we start predicting what music could be in the stages (both 3DS and Wii U stages)? Except not Skyloft because we already know all the music for that stage.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

NintendoFan64

DBPirate wrote:

How about we start predicting what music could be in the stages (both 3DS and Wii U stages)? Except not Skyloft because we already know all the music for that stage.

Okay, let me try and come up with some music for a few of the stages.
Balloon Fight: Balloon Trip(Brawl remix), maybe a medley featuring various sounds from Balloon Fight?
Gameboy: A Gameboy medley, and maybe either the Tetris theme or the Super Mario Land theme.
Reset Bomb Forest: Dark Pit's Theme (It started playing in the direct when this stage showed up), the theme that played in the Reset Bomb Forest (I don't what it's called).
Pac-Maze: Pac-Park, MAYBE a track from Pacman Championship Edition DX.
Paper Mario Stage: Petal Meadows, Warm Fuzzy Plains.
Wily's Castle: Cutman stage, Yellow Devil batttle theme, MAYBE the opening stage theme from Megaman X, Gutsman stage.
Boxing Ring: I honestly just think most of the music tracks will be various remixes of the Punch-Out!! theme from the Wii game.
Windy Hill: the Windy Hill theme(obviously), Planet Wisp, MAYBE City Escape.
Mario Galaxy: Purple Comet theme, Cosmic Clones theme, and Sky Station Galaxy.
Those are some ideas I had.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

DBPirate

NintendoFan64 wrote:

DBPirate wrote:

Okay, let me try and come up with some music for a few of the stages.
Balloon Fight: Balloon Trip(Brawl remix), maybe a medley featuring various sounds from Balloon Fight?
Gameboy: A Gameboy medley, and maybe either the Tetris theme or the Super Mario Land theme.
Reset Bomb Forest: Dark Pit's Theme (It started playing in the direct when this stage showed up), the theme that played in the Reset Bomb Forest (I don't what it's called).
Pac-Maze: Pac-Park, MAYBE a track from Pacman Championship Edition DX.
Paper Mario Stage: Petal Meadows, Warm Fuzzy Plains.
Wily's Castle: Cutman stage, Yellow Devil batttle theme, MAYBE the opening stage theme from Megaman X, Gutsman stage.
Boxing Ring: I honestly just think most of the music tracks will be various remixes of the Punch-Out!! theme from the Wii game.
Windy Hill: the Windy Hill theme(obviously), Planet Wisp, MAYBE City Escape.
Mario Galaxy: Purple Comet theme, Cosmic Clones theme, and Sky Station Galaxy.
Those are some ideas I had.

Mario Galaxy: Purple Comet, Sky Station, maybe Gusty Garden (I want to put Battlerock and Melty Molten Galaxy here but I don't think those would fit in the stage)
Paper Mario: Warm Fuzzy Plains, maybe Glitzville, Thousand-Year Door Theme, Lineland Road (I know 3DS stages only have 2 tracks; I'm just coming up with ideas)
Reset Bomb Forest: Space-Pirate Ship, Dark Pit, Boss Battle from Uprising
Boxing Ring: I agree with you that they'll probably all be remixes
Mushroom Kingdom U: Super Mario Bros. Medley (I think this has already been confirmed), NSMBU Overworld, Athletic Theme, maybe Fortress (NSMBW)
Arena Ferox/Coliseum: Id~Purpose (already confirmed), Together We Ride (Brawl remix)
Tomodachi Life: Title, Food Market, probably a song from the Concert Hall
Tortimer Island: Minigame theme (already confirmed), New Leaf theme remix, original AC theme, a K.K. Slider song
Wii Fit Studio: Hula Hoop (already confirmed), Mini game Selection, Step minigame
Find Mii: Title Theme, Map Theme, Battle Theme
Gerudo Valley: Saria's Song, Gerudo Valley (of course), Hyrule Field (I want a Majora's Mask song, but with only 2 tracks per stage I don't that'll happen)

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

Tsuchinoko

I personally would love music chat, but since most of the retro stages haven't been announced yet its a little difficult. Most of the new stages haven't been seen in their entirety either.

UGXwolf

@Tsuchinoko I'm aware they are. That's why I'm terrible at them. I like straight-forward characters and Wolf is nothing, if not straight-forward. Top-tier Wolf players don't give their opponent a chance to fight back, if they can help it. Ike has always been the bane of my existence, though, as he out-ranges and out-priorities Wolf. He can hit wolf out of any of his animations, so it's not easy to approach without get served up like a volleyball, at which point, Wolf is also pretty terrible at getting out of the air, and his recovery game is pretty bad compared to Ike's outstanding Edge-guarding. This is why I think I'll be good with Little Mac. While he can't always hit his opponents out of an animation, he does seem to be very good at racking up the damage, so long as you're careful and stay on the ground, when you can help it.

On the note of weaknesses that are actually weaknesses and not just failings to another character's strength, Wolf may have some moves that come out pretty quick, but if you miss just about anything, you're a sitting duck. This makes battles with dodging enemies a lot scarier, but a Wolf main would likely practice reading dodge rolls, and rely on the down-Smash, when in doubt, as it hits in front, first, and behind second. That forward Smash catches a lot of people of guard, but you WILL get punished, if you miss.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DreamyViridi

Music, huh? Well, I can think of a few other songs I'd like to hear on Wily Castle Wii U. Using The Power Fighters as an example:
Guts Man's Theme
Shadow Man's Theme
WIly Machine #7 (from Mega Man 7)

The 3DS version's alt song could be a theme unique to Mega's GB games. MMIV's Wily Battle could work, an arrangement like this one would be awesome.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

2Sang

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Pichu is what toon link is to link, except that it causes a little damage to itself. Pichu was actually pretty good with items on because he's so fast, but it competitive play pichu's usually in the bottom 3 of the roster.
Less than three weeks here. Were at 20 days I think.

I think everyone who plays Smash has to be aware of their mains flaws and work around them. Zelda has two moves specifically that I really think are poorly done, but a Zelda main would just practice those moves more so that they can be useable in an emergency, or change tactics and never use them, just like with any character. If a character is too flawed, then its too easy to be exploited by more experienced players.

Lucas has a lag problem with a lot of his moves, but they hit hard. A Lucas main would have to be really good at reading their opponent.

I know nothing about Pichu. Does the character have advantages over Pikachu, like Toon Link does with Link?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic