Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 12,601 to 12,620 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

Jazzer94 wrote:

@Tsuchinoko But Sonic Boom.

Sorry...

It's just really not doing it for me. Isn't that from Sonic CD? I like the techno heavy Japanese soundtrack.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

OdnetninAges

In terms of new Sonic music, I'd like to see:

You Can Do Anything (Sonic CD) (JP) (Not very likely)
Stardust Speedway (JP)
Reach for the Stars
Escape from the City (SA2, Generations Act 1 OR Generations Act 2)
Planet Wisp Act 2 (Generations)
Windy Hill (Inevitable, but I hope it's a mix between Act 1 and Act 2)
Honeycomb Highway
Sugar Lane

Those are songs that I'd personally like to see, but realistically speaking I think only two of them will be on Windy Hill in the Wii U game.

As for Green Hill Zone on 3DS, I think the most likely music choices are Green Hill Zone and Angel Island Zone, but I'd honestly be ok with anything since I really liked all of Sonic's songs in Brawl.

EDIT: Wanted to point out that I would like to see the Japanese Stardust Speedway, not the American version.

Edited on by OdnetninAges

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Tsuchinoko

OdnetninAges wrote:

In terms of new Sonic music, I'd like to see:

You Can Do Anything (Sonic CD) (JP) (Not very likely)
Stardust Speedway
Reach for the Stars
Escape from the City (SA2, Generations Act 1 OR Generations Act 2)
Planet Wisp Act 2 (Generations)
Windy Hill (Inevitable, but I hope it's a mix between Act 1 and Act 2)
Honeycomb Highway
Sugar Lane

Those are songs that I'd personally like to see, but realistically speaking I think only two of them will be on Windy Hill in the Wii U game.

As for Green Hill Zone on 3DS, I think the most likely music choices are Green Hill Zone and Angel Island Zone, but I'd honestly be ok with anything since I really liked all of Sonic's songs in Brawl.

I'd be happy if those were the two songs chosen.

Windy Hill and Green Hill Zone look similar in how they're set up.

UGXwolf

@Tsuchinoko I personally dislike classic Sonic music. It's alright, but it never sounds right to me. But that's not why I think they'll include modern Sonic music. In Brawl, the music was pretty evenly split between classic and modem Sonic. They wanted to represent both tastes because they knew there was a split and they certainly couldn't ignore modem Sonic. After all, they were using the newer model for Brawl.

That said, if there's a Sonic stage in the 3DS version to represent modern Sonic, then the music will split accordingly. I just can't see them saying "Sorry, modern Sonic fans! You should've gotten the Wii U version!"

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

@Tsuchinoko I personally dislike classic Sonic music. It's alright, but it never sounds right to me. But that's not why I think they'll include modern Sonic music. In Brawl, the music was pretty evenly split between classic and modem Sonic. They wanted to represent both tastes because they knew there was a split and they certainly couldn't ignore modem Sonic. After all, they were using the newer model for Brawl.

That said, if there's a Sonic stage in the 3DS version to represent modern Sonic, then the music will split accordingly. I just can't see them saying "Sorry, modern Sonic fans! You should've gotten the Wii U version!"

I really think thats it for Sonic stages. I think its highly unlikely third party characters will have one stage per game.

TeeJay

@Tsuchinoko I'm with you in that I don't really like all those new songs either. They all sound like something an angsty tween would listen to in my opinion...no offense guys.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Nintendo6400

Tsuchinoko wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

I think Wario is generally regarded as a poor character, but he's one of my favorite and best characters in Brawl.

The tiers kinda tick me of, because they're so simplistic. I've played against a lot of people, some who have even played in competitively, and I beat them all with Zelda. I'm a bit out of practice now, but she's solid.

Wario has some good moves. With the right tactic he can be a good character. I like his up aerial and forward tilt, as well as his down smash. The motorcycle and fart moves are really fun!

I agree too, I'm not a huge fan of the tier list for brawl either. The list puts Mario at F rank! Mario has been my main since smash 64 and I definitely don't think he sucks. In fact, when my friends and I use to play brawl (we play pm now -_- I prefer brawl) they use to say stuff like "Mario is CHEAP" Or "Mario's cape is overpowered! They did the same thing with DK too.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

TeeJay

@Nintendo6400 I've tried using Mario several times, but I can never do well with him. I've always been more successful in my endeavors with Luigi.

What I'm saying is probably what you're saying. It's just a matter of personal taste.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Sir_Diabeetus

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

I think Wario is generally regarded as a poor character, but he's one of my favorite and best characters in Brawl.

The tiers kinda tick me of, because they're so simplistic. I've played against a lot of people, some who have even played in competitively, and I beat them all with Zelda. I'm a bit out of practice now, but she's solid.

Wario has some good moves. With the right tactic he can be a good character. I like his up aerial and forward tilt, as well as his down smash. The motorcycle and fart moves are really fun!

I agree too, I'm not a huge fan of the tier list for brawl either. The list puts Mario at F rank! Mario has been my main since smash 64 and I definitely don't think he sucks. In fact, when my friends and I use to play brawl (we play pm now -_- I prefer brawl) they use to say stuff like "Mario is CHEAP" Or "Mario's cape is overpowered! They did the same thing with DK too.

Even though I mentioned Zelda was horrible in Brawl, I actually disliked the Brawl and the Melee tiers. I even used to main Pichu in Melee (Yes seriously.), yet, I still think he's good. I also main Luigi and Yoshi in Melee and Brawl, and they're still good.

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

The_Ninja

I main Toon Link in Brawl, and I'm really good with him. He's actually pretty high on the tier list, yet there are also many above him. I became so good with him that I could beat 3 taunt partiers teaming up in a FFA. I say the tier list is nonsense. Every character can be good.
Some are harder to be good with, so you need to train with that character. Once you get the hang of him, your just as good as every other character. If you become good enough with him, even Ganon can beat the heck out of Meta Knight.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Tsuchinoko

I really think that certain characters will fit certain play styles. Kind of the opposite to what some people say about any character being good with practice, I think with enough practice a person can be okay at using most or all of the characters, but each persons play style is tactically different. Different characters will work differently for each person, and some will be a better fit as a main than others.

I've seen the list for the changes made to Zelda, and it looked mostly positive to me. I'm not sure how she plays now, so I'll wait to try out for myself.

@Nintyness Horrible you say? Sounds like you're challenging my Zelda skills. ( v^-゜)♪

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf

@Tsuchinoko I don't think its fair to assume Sonic can't have more stages, as there's no real precedent, similar to how it wouldn't be fair to assume he IS getting a second stage.

But like I said, if its tee only one, I foresee one retro (Green Hill) and one modern. It just doesn't seem right to brush of the modern fanbase like that. Even if the Wii U version is getting modern songs. It'd be perfect, too, as you could pick ths one you like over the one you don't.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

@Tsuchinoko I don't think its fair to assume Sonic can't have more stages, as there's no real precedent, similar to how it wouldn't be fair to assume he IS getting a second stage.

But like I said, if its tee only one, I foresee one retro (Green Hill) and one modern. It just doesn't seem right to brush of the modern fanbase like that. Even if the Wii U version is getting modern songs. It'd be perfect, too, as you could pick ths one you like over the one you don't.

I guess you're right about the fact that there really is no precedent, for any series represented. Are there really two separate, segregated fanbases though?

Sir_Diabeetus

But In general, The most underrated character is Pichu. I hate how people hate Pichu just because he damage himself. Really?! All that hate just because of a character that damages himself? That's just so Pathetic, it's actually stupid. Pichu's the worst character in melee, so what? That doesn't mean that Pichu can actually be good. Like The_Ninja said, "Some of the characters are more difficult to be good at, so you just have to practice with them In order to be good at."

I also don't know why People just hate Yoshi on Melee and Brawl.

Edited on by Sir_Diabeetus

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

Grumblevolcano

I'd want most of the Sonic music to be Crush 40. Also add in Escape From the City (not Generations Act 1), Sonic Boom, His World, Reach for the Stars, Endless Possibilities and like 2 or 3 non-vocals songs and I'd be very happy.

As for music in general, I'll be very disappointed if Mario Kart 8's Bowser's Castle and/or Cloudtop Cruise isn't in at least one of the Smash games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

RR529

In terms of the second Sonic musical piece in the 3DS version, I'd either want it to be Emerald Hill (because Sonic 2 was my introduction to the series), City Escape, or Live & Learn.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

DreamyViridi

For the most part, I don't mind what Green Hill Zone gets in terms of music. Though I'd appreciate some new arrangements. In Brawl, Sonic got the Angel Island remix but everything else was ripped from other games.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic