Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Wii U Thread

Showing 1,241 to 1,260 of 12,753

AuthorMessage

Suicune

1,241. Posted:

I think Marth is a mainstay as he is the figurehead for the Fire Emblem franchise. Ike's probably gonna get the axe.

Sadly, I think Lucas will be gone this next game. I hope they take the good things about his set and put it in Ness (Up Smash)

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,242. Posted:

Wasn't Marth in FE: Awakening, anyway? I don'r have the game, but I figured that masked guy in the game was him as a spirit or something.
I think Marth will say. I'm not sure about Ike, but he had some decent, different moves than Marth and Link.

I want Snake to get cut. Sorry Kojima. I have a few reasons why. One, kind of a novelty character. Two, doesn't fit in with Nintendo's characters. Three, 3 of his moves damage him or his teammates. Lastly, he has hardly any games on Nintendo consoles in comparison to PS.

I think since Konami owns the rights to Bomberman, now, they should just replace Snake with Bomberman as the Konami rep.

I'm still betting on Pac-Man making it into the game, because of Namco.

I think Sonic should stay.

It's pretty doubtful more than one 3rd party character will show up for each company, but it's ultimately up to the Sora team(duh), and we'll just have to wait and see.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

supered91

1,243. Posted:

Suicune wrote:

I think Marth is a mainstay as he is the figurehead for the Fire Emblem franchise. Ike's probably gonna get the axe.

Sadly, I think Lucas will be gone this next game. I hope they take the good things about his set and put it in Ness (Up Smash)

i think ness is just one of those characters that you have to master,but i think sonic could leave or if fans demand like they did with mega man he could stay

supered91

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

1,244. Posted:

Sonic will probably stay. He's more iconic of a character than Snake, and he fits in with the Smash Bros. universe just fine. Plus, Sonic Lost World is coming out, so they may keep him around if only for promotional reasons. But like I said, it would make sense for him to stay.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,245. Posted:

Chrono_Crossing wrote:

Oh, and I love that Nintendo stuck with the TP version of Link. :)

Personally, I'd rather see Skyward Link. :p But instead of just regurgitating a more detailed NextGen Twilight Princess Link, what we're getting is a Skyward Sword Twilight princess hybrid of sorts, which is awesome in my books. They retained Skyward Sword Link's more colorful/vivid wardrobe colors, they tweaked the hair and overall made his look far more striking, vivid, angelic and 'nintendo'. Much better look for him vs his dark, drab and muddy look in TP/Brawl.

Untitled

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Varia01

1,246. Posted:

Link does have a pretty nifty design on Smash Bros U.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

Suicune

1,247. Posted:

The scene in the Megaman trailer when the Metal Blades rolled off his shield....

Like his facial expression and his hair and the sparks...

It was cool.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,248. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Wasn't Marth in FE: Awakening, anyway? I don'r have the game, but I figured that masked guy in the game was him as a spirit or something.

Technically you are right and wrong at the same time. First, that "Masked Marth" is actually Chrom's (the main character of the game) daughter from the future in disguise. However, the "real" Marth is playable in the game, as a spirit representing him. Actually the same can be said for all previous FE characters in Awakening.

Anyway onto the main discussion. The only other 3rd parties I'm expecting beyond Mega Man is Sonic returning and Pac-Man. As for 1st party I'm thinking Palutena (she was the only non-playable ally in the Subspace Emissary if that says anything), K. Rool (I know it's a stretch, but a guy can dream), Alph from Pikmin 3 (hopefully not at the expense of Olimar), and maybe Paper Mario.

Also, did anyone else notice a certain screenshot of Link that shows his "skirt" flapping up in the wind during a fall from jumping? I thought it was nice with the detail, then just laughed for other reasons...

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,249. Posted:

I want Jack Skellington for SSB :+

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

Orngeblu

1,250. Posted:

Suicune wrote:

Well, considering it's only a 2nd rep from the Mother series, if they tried they could form his movesets out of different skills (like they did with PK freeze) to make him not a clone. Lucas needs a buff anyways. >_> But, you may be right...he may not be coming back.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,251. Posted:

I want to bring up a subject that surprisingly has been barely talked about lately. The 2014 projected release date. To simplify things the discussion will only be about the Wii U version.

So to start off, it has been in development for about a year and a half, and seems to be farther along then originally thought. So the Banmco team must be substantially large and in turn getting things done at a faster pace. But at the same time Sakurai is still mulling over rather core things like the roster and balancing, so it's clearly still got quite a ways to go yet.

In conclusion I remain skeptical of the proposed 2014 time slot, especially when you put into account Sakurai's habit of delaying games until they are deemed perfect, but I'm also not ruling out the 2014 possibility either. My prediction is it will come out very late next year, aka November-December, or get pushed back into Spring 2015 if there are delays, similar to what happened with Brawl.

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,252. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

I want to bring up a subject that surprisingly has been barely talked about lately. The 2014 projected release date. To simplify things the discussion will only be about the Wii U version.

So to start off, it has been in development for about a year and a half, and seems to be farther along then originally thought. So the Banmco team must be substantially large and in turn getting things done at a faster pace. But at the same time Sakurai is still mulling over rather core things like the roster and balancing, so it's clearly still got quite a ways to go yet.

In conclusion I remain skeptical of the proposed 2014 time slot, especially when you put into account Sakurai's habit of delaying games until they are deemed perfect, but I'm also not ruling out the 2014 possibility either. My prediction is it will come out very late next year, aka November-December, or get pushed back into Spring 2015 if there are delays, similar to what happened with Brawl.

I agree completely. I'm actually going to take the 2014 release date lightly, because we should all know how often Sakurai delays his games because he doesn't hesitate from giving himself more time to improve them until they're almost perfect in his eyes. I would be surprised if it did release without a single delay. I agree that's going to be late next year, like Holiday 2014, and Spring 2015 if it's delayed.

And according to IGN, Sakurai said that the two versions are at different stages of development, so they could release at different times depending on which project is closer to being finished.

Edited on by DestinyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Orngeblu

1,253. Posted:

Balancing is a must. If it doesn't happen... I'll just hate it. >_> Everyone will just flock to the highest tier.

I'm just gonna assume it's Mega Man, because his moveset looks high tier material. Camping with his lasers (don't know what else to call them), that Dair (Down Air) looks like it has a lot of range, so it easily has high priority to spike someone over the edge. Apparently his flame sword did like 40%+ damage in the demo video.

But, we'll just have to wait and see if they make more changes, or if there will be another character that's a lot stronger

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

AuthorMessage

Knux

1,254. Posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the 3DS version is released in 2014 and the Wii U version is released in 2015.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

BandG

1,255. Posted:

Knux wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the 3DS version is released in 2014 and the Wii U version is released in 2015.

I would think that too because the portable version would be easier to make...but I'm not so sure anymore... I'm almost positive the Wii U version will be released first, and by a lot because this game is a HUUUUGE system seller, if it came out on 3DS first people would just buy it on that first. That would decrease its Wii U sales by so much. If it releases on Wii U say 3 months early, a lot of people wouldn't be able to wait, and buy a Wii U. Nintendo is in a very tough spot right now. I'm actually pretty surprised that they are still making the 3DS version at all.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

AuthorMessage

Knux

1,256. Posted:

BandG wrote:

I would think that too because the portable version would be easier to make...but I'm not so sure anymore... I'm almost positive the Wii U version will be released first, and by a lot because this game is a HUUUUGE system seller, if it came out on 3DS first people would just buy it on that first. That would decrease its Wii U sales by so much. If it releases on Wii U say 3 months early, a lot of people wouldn't be able to wait, and buy a Wii U. Nintendo is in a very tough spot right now. I'm actually pretty surprised that they are still making the 3DS version at all.

They're making a 3DS version because Sakurai knows there's a lot of people who want a portable Smash Bros., like me. The reason I said that the 3DS version might be finished first is simply because I think it's farther into development than the Wii U version was.

The best thing to do is probably release both versions on the same day. That way, Nintendo could possibly introduce a double pack where you can buy both versions at a slightly reduced price. That will increase sales for both titles, as a lot of people like myself will be buying both versions anyway and that will attract more people to buy both versions.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,257. Posted:

Knux wrote:

Actually Sakurai said they were having more difficulties with the 3DS version, so if the two are released separately it'll likely be Wii U 2014, 3DS 2015.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

AuthorMessage

Orngeblu

1,258. Posted:

I think they will both release in near similar dates. Maybe 1 or 2 months apart, more or less.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

1,259. Posted:

I honestly dont care if we either get the 3DS version or Wii U one first as i will be buying both.

As for it being released in 2014.I highly doubt this(I would be great if it were true).I really dont mind either if it comes out in 2015 because it'll be a better game because of it.

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

1,260. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

I feel exactly the same way.

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, HASHTAG

I got my 3DS back from repair!!

"Who the hell do you think I am?!"

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

The Pinnacle of Human Achievement

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97