Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 27,917

K964

If he's owned by Rare, then how did he get into Barrel Blast?

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all...

Orngeblu

SCAR392 wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

Balancing is a must. If it doesn't happen... I'll just hate it. >_> Everyone will just flock to the highest tier.

I'm just gonna assume it's Mega Man, because his moveset looks high tier material. Camping with his lasers (don't know what else to call them), that Dair (Down Air) looks like it has a lot of range, so it easily has high priority to spike someone over the edge. Apparently his flame sword did like 40%+ damage in the demo video.

But, we'll just have to wait and see if they make more changes, or if there will be another character that's a lot stronger

No offense, but it's foolish to think any character is 'better' than another.
They balance out the characters as much as possible, and every character controls differently, anyway.
I'm gonna be honest, I think Jigglypuff is the worst character, but not because it's weak. I just can't do the roll thing that well, or the down B whatever move.
Even Metaknight. I hear complaints about that stuff all the time. He's fast, but he's not that strong.
In conclusion,(if you think MetaKnight is given an advantage) you're thinking speed is more dominant over intitial contact power.

I think every character in Brawl is pretty clusmy TBH. The characters I like most are Samus(I'm still good with Zero Suit), Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Ness.
I still see how the other characters are good, and I've even done good with Jigglypuff.

The only way I see this argument making sense, is if your favorite character is one of the smaller ones. Even then, there's always a way to counter. Again, the characters are balanced. They program it to be balanced, because that's one of the most important aspects of the entire game; every character having a chance.

Wait a minute...are you telling Brawl and Melee are balance, or are you telling me Smash 4 will be balanced. Smash 4 may very well be balanced, and I've been told it might be the last thing they do. But if you think Brawl is balanced, you're sadly mistaken. Also, Meta Knight can kill at say, roughly 120% with Down-smash which would be most equal, more of less of what the rest of the cast could do, so he's not weak KO-wise, which is what I think you're saying. But he does weigh less, but he's still only KO-able at above 100%, so his lessened weight hardly makes him worse. Yeah, it's possible to beat MK but it doesn't mean it's 100% balanced, 50/50 match. It's just much harder on the player with the disadvantage.

As for the Mega Man being top tier thing, if you look at his Down-air in the developer direct before Sakurai says it has a meteor affect, you see it has a long range so that's blatantly high spike priority there. No risks need to be taken when going off stage because it has a lot of range, you only have to position yourself on the X-axis to aim at the player recovering. I'm not saying they'll always get the spike, that depends on the player, but there is a higher chance of it happening.

But this could all change, and we'd also have to try it hands-on to understand the rest.

WingedFish wrote:

Yet I have to disagree to some extent. Say, you have the world's best Meta Knight user go against the world's best Ganondorf user. The Meta Knight user will win simply because Meta Knight has the better moveset. And this is a scenario where both players know every single little detail of their character to use them to their best advantage, but the result will, nine times out of ten, remain the same.

Exactly.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Kewlan

K964 wrote:

If he's owned by Rare, then how did he get into Barrel Blast?

From that points it seems like he's not. I thought he was (and the Kremlings) because Nintendo removed Donkey Kong Country 1, 2 and 3 from the Wii Shop Channel.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Prof3ssorMGW

Lol @ the character balance thing, glad that was taken care of. Still can't say if Yellow Devil is a stage hazard or a boss, that'd be a pretty annoying hazard though.

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS
Nintendo Network ID: Prof3ssorMGW

DreamyViridi

I'm sticking with my theory that Yellow Devil's a stage hazard.
@Big-Daddy - I don't think size is an issue. After all, one of Brawl's Metroid stages (forgot its name right now) as a huge lava wave as a stage hazard. The pictochat stage had a few 'big' hazards too.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

SCRAPPER392

@Orngeblu
I'm still going to have to disagree. I've fought quite a bit of people on Smash Bros., and I've seen literal luck happen right before my eyes.

You can't say the best MK player vs. the best Ganondorf player would result in MK winning. It's just giving up way too easily.
Hardly anyone cares about winning anyway, otherwise everyone would play as MK(according to your logic).
I K.O. MK pretty easily, even Jigglypuff.

It's balanced. It just depends on how you look at it. If you time Ganondorfs punches or meteor smash move, Metaknight wouldn't stand a chance, and that's fact.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Happy_Mask

SCAR392 wrote:

@Orngeblu
Hardly anyone cares about winning anyway, otherwise everyone would play as MK(according to your logic).

Actually almost anybody who cares about tiers does play as metaknight 75% or more of the time, and they will win because he's so spammable. Same reason most people play as Ike.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

SCRAPPER392

Happy_Mask wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Orngeblu

Actually almost anybody who cares about tiers does play as metaknight 75% or more of the time, and they will win because he's so spammable. Same reason most people play as Ike.

Alot of things are spammable in any game, but that doesn't mean they can't be countered.

The only time a spam move is uncalled-for is when people can do moves like the Ice Climber repetitive grab.

Qwest

Ketchupcat

Untitled
HOMESTAR RUNNER FOR SSB4
Seriously, though. His creators are big Nintendo fans, his games are all available on Wii, and the games on the website are even playable in the Wii browser.
What? I can dream, can't I?

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

KingDunsparce

@Kewlan [ img ] putlinkhere.png [ /img ] without spaces

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

Snagrio

OdnetninAges wrote:

Y'know what would be cool? If Pit did a taunt thing with Palutena (and Viridi and Hades) that is similar to Snake's Codec Calls in Brawl.

I've been thinking of that idea ever since I first played Uprising. And it doesn't seem like too big of a stretch either seeing as they mention Smash Bros. on several occasions.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Kewlan

I think we all should take a brief moment to think about what's going on here...
Untitled

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Orngeblu

SCAR392 wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Orngeblu

Alot of things are spammable in any game, but that doesn't mean they can't be countered.

The only time a spam move is uncalled-for is when people can do moves like the Ice Climber repetitive grab.

First of all, Happy_Mask is right here. Second of all, yeah Meta Knight can spam (so can any any other character), but that's not the reason he's good. Spamming with any character does not make said character stronger anyways, because you'll get punished for it.

SCAR392 wrote:

@Orngeblu
I'm still going to have to disagree. I've fought quite a bit of people on Smash Bros., and I've seen literal luck happen right before my eyes.

You can't say the best MK player vs. the best Ganondorf player would result in MK winning. It's just giving up way too easily.
I K.O. MK pretty easily, even Jigglypuff.

It's balanced. It just depends on how you look at it. If you time Ganondorfs punches or meteor smash move, Metaknight wouldn't stand a chance, and that's fact.

That's subjective, actually. Not everyone goes Meta Knight, but if you go to a tournament (say apex, uuh...any "high level" tournament I guess I could say) you'll find a lot of higher tier characters. Whether Marth, Meta Knight, Snake, and...I can't recall anymore, but you get the idea. You'll find a lot of those at All is Brawl as well if you play the ladder. Also, actually that's your logic. I never said everyone goes MK (and you take it as if I think Meta Knight is impossible to beat), but it is true a lot of players choose higher tiers even if it's not Meta Knight, at least in competitive matches. It happens in friendlies too, even though it may be less. Friendlies can be competitive too though. I've had someone rage-knight on me once or twice. xP I personally don't mind Meta Knight though. Maybe Lag-Fi makes it easier, heh.

As for the Ganon vs Meta Knight, I'd like you to win apex with Ganondorf. But I know what you mean, the Ganon could win, but it would be extremely hard for the Ganon. But it is safe to say you will NEVER see a Ganon win Apex. (I'm talking about brawl here by the way)

Also, ice Climbers aren't that bad. You need to adapt and learn how to not get grabbed.

That logic about the Ganon's Meteor affect...lol. That can be applied to lower levels, lol but high level you'll almost never see the chance to do so. That requires thorough reads, and reads are hardly reliable. His punches are like a "gtfo" attack, but is very unsafe on shield.

Also, who's MK do you KO?

Just so you know, I don't go to tournaments, and I don't do the ladder. I did attend the ladder once though, for fun. I just play friendlies with other players.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

SCRAPPER392

@Orngeblu
I wasn't really saying everyone chooses Metaknight. I'm just saying, not everyone likes Metaknight to begin with. No one is going to learn a characters move set they don't like, just because it's "cheap".

I've seen spammers in video games. I just find it hard to believe that one character has the advantage when I've seen foresight type assaults in game.

I throw bombs up in the air, then grab a character and throw them at the bomb midair. Hell, I even threw 2 bombs in the air and threw a character that hit one of the bombs and flew into the other one.

I'm not sure how I would fair in a tournament, but I know for a fact every character has equal talents to make the game fair.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Orngeblu

SCAR392 wrote:

@Orngeblu
I wasn't really saying everyone chooses Metaknight. I'm just saying, not everyone likes Metaknight to begin with. No one is going to learn a characters move set they don't like, just because it's "cheap".

I've seen spammers in video games. I just find it hard to believe that one character has the advantage when I've seen foresight type assaults in game.

I throw bombs up in the air, then grab a character and throw them at the bomb midair. Hell, I even threw 2 bombs in the air and threw a character that hit one of the bombs and flew into the other one.

I'm not sure how I would fair in a tournament, but I know for a fact every character has equal talents to make the game fair.

I never said Meta Knight is cheap, and I'm not implying you said I said that, but there are a lot of players who will play Meta Knight just to win. People even train pocket meta knight if they're losing or getting counter-picked. "Oh I see you're counter-picking this stage, allow me to go meta knight so you don't have the advantage over my other character" (Not exact words, but someone told me this one, and it's true)

You really need to play Brawl more to understand how some character have the advantage over others.

Not sure what you're getting at by saying you'll throw a bomb up, grab, and up throw the opponent into a bomb. A chance like that is rare as well, not to mention somewhat useless.

Read sentence two. Characters do have different talents, but equal in strength, no.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

SCRAPPER392

@Orngeblu
I've been playing Smash Bros. since you were 1 year old, so I think I know what I'm saying
If I can chain link 2 bomb hits midair, it's show boating, but it still guarantees a KO.

Regardless, I have no idea what you're talking about when you say some characters have an advantage in SSBB.
You don't have to play more than 50 hours to know the fame is balanced. Just figure out a way to counter it.

Qwest

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic