Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 12,161 to 12,180 of 27,917

Jazzer94

TeeJay wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

He's a cool character but I hate assist trophies that obscure your vision. I hated the Nintendogs, hated Resetti, hated that demon thing that moves the camera, and I know I'll hate this. I wish you could turn off certain assist trophies.

Have you ever played Smash Bros. Brawl on Wii?

Yeah I mean has he ever played anything other than 2 minute matches.

What are you guys going on about, of course I played Brawl. For hours and hours and hours. And I hate timed matches cause I hate feeling rushed. I only play stock....but what does that have to do with anything...?

TeeJay wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

@TeeJay It doesn't. But did you not know that you can turn them off?

Of course I know that! You guys need to pay closer attention to what I typed. I said I wish you could turn off CERTAIN assist trophies. As in specific ones. As in you can pick and choose which ones you want to appear when you pick up the assist trophy item. That clear enough? Sheesh. Sorry to be rude but I felt I was being talked down to for nothing.

I was being sarcastic.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

TeeJay

2Sang wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

He's a cool character but I hate assist trophies that obscure your vision. I hated the Nintendogs, hated Resetti, hated that demon thing that moves the camera, and I know I'll hate this. I wish you could turn off certain assist trophies.

I actually like that idea, but it's just easier to take out assist trophies altogether by turning them off.

Which is unfortunate, because other than the ones I mentioned I love assist trophies...

In other news, looks like swimming is returning after all!

Untitled

Which is nice because I actually liked swimming. And it looked odd just fazing through the water anyway...

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Pootypie

TeeJay wrote:

2Sang wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

I actually like that idea, but it's just easier to take out assist trophies altogether by turning them off.

Which is unfortunate, because other than the ones I mentioned I love assist trophies...

In other news, looks like swimming is returning after all!

Untitled

Which is nice because I actually liked swimming. And it looked odd just fazing through the water anyway...

Oh wow that looks really nice I would like to see the main screen for Wii U version, I bet it would look amazing

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

NintendoFan64

DestinyMan wrote:

Seeing Nightmare Wizard makes me want the Fountain of Dreams stage from Melee to return as a retro stage.

Would've been cool if Sakurai announced that along with Nightmare Wizard as an assist trophy and the other three Kirby characters being there.

Oh my God, I would've loved that.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

MrWalkieTalkie

Turning off certain assist trophies would take the fun out of it. That's the point of the assist trophy, you never know who you're gonna get. Sure some are more hindering than helping, but that's just what adds to the chaos that is Smash Bros.!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Kewlan

@MrWalkieTalkie Turning off those assist trophies you don't like would make you like it even more. There's still the element of random if you don't turn all except one off.

Also you sounded super cheesy ._.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Eel

He may sound cheesy, but he's actually right.

Assist trophies are a single item, you either use it with all the quirks it comes with or don't at all.

Turning off certain assists or pokemon would completely defeat the purpose of the items.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Kewlan

Morphbug wrote:

Turning off certain assists or pokemon would completely defeat the purpose of the items.

Maybe to you. This is an opinion, so you can't really correct me/us. I'd say giving the player the freedom of choosing which to be included would only make the experience better. But if you don't dislike any of them, then don't turn any off. It's as simple as that.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Jazzer94

DestinyMan wrote:

Someone over in the 3DS thread found this image of a DL card for Smash Bros. 3DS, and it implys that Mii Fighters can be transferred between both versions.
Untitled

@The_Ninja Posted the pics.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

OdnetninAges

DestinyMan wrote:

Fountain of Dreams would be nice to have return as a retro stage, as well as Brinstar Depths and Fourside.

Yes! These are the Melee stages I want most to return.

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

I'm still hoping for some Smash 64 stages, with Saffron City and Hyrule Castle being my picks. With both Melee and Brawl having returning stages, I don't see why this wouldn't happen.

I agree. I've felt that these new games should include stages from all 3 of the past games since they were announced.

Splatom wrote:

The more that I think about it

9-Volt would be a neat addition. He could use his Nintendo gear for moves and his Final Smash would be him and 18-Volt come across the screen on skateboards and knock people off

That would be awesome! I think Kat & Ana would make a cool addition, but 9-Volt would be better IMO.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

TeeJay

Kewlan wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

Maybe to you. This is an opinion, so you can't really correct me/us. I'd say giving the player the freedom of choosing which to be included would only make the experience better. But if you don't dislike any of them, then don't turn any off. It's as simple as that.

At least someone gets where I'm coming from. And I agree that sounded cheesy, @MrWalkieTalkie. If you believe all or none that's fine but the option should be there for the rest of us who don't want unenjoyable assist trophies.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

SparkOfSpirit

Smash 64 stages would be highly welcome. I was so disappointed that we had none in Brawl.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

CaviarMeths

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Turning off certain assist trophies would take the fun out of it. That's the point of the assist trophy, you never know who you're gonna get. Sure some are more hindering than helping, but that's just what adds to the chaos that is Smash Bros.!

It's weird how people hated random tripping because it's anti-competitive, but don't seem to mind the fact that you can get yourself killed by drawing the wrong random assist trophy.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Jazzer94

CaviarMeths wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

It's weird how people hated random tripping because it's anti-competitive, but don't seem to mind the fact that you can get yourself killed by drawing the wrong random assist trophy.

You couldn't turn off tripping that is why.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Nintendo_Ninja

I would like them to remaster Smashbros stages like they remaster Mariokart tracks. The better graphics, plus more stage changes.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Nintendo_Ninja

The Nightmare King assist trophy looks fun to use. It will bring so much chaos to the battle!

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

CapeSmash

CrimsonFire wrote:

Rooting for Pichu to come back as a joke character.

We have enough joke characters.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic