Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 12,121 to 12,140 of 27,917

CaviarMeths

DestinyMan wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Kat & Ana > 9-Volt

B)

Thank you. Not saying 9-Volt would be bad, but Kat & Ana would be better suited for WarioWare newcomers. They were the first WarioWare characters to actually appear in Smash Bros. outside trophies and stickers and they're among the few Brawl assist trophies that haven't been revealed for the new games. Ashley may have just replaced them as the WarioWare assist trophy, but what if Ashley filled in Kat & Ana's old role so they could be given the Little Mac treatment and be promoted? I quite like the idea of Kat & Ana fighting Greninja. And what if Wario ended up being revealed in a Kat & Ana newcomer video? Kat & Ana would be shown demanding a pay raise, sparking a fight with Wario. I quite like the idea of Kat & Ana fighting Greninja. That would be awesome, but I'm not expecting it. A Wario newcomer would be pretty far-fetched, but Pac-Man was once considered far-fetched. It's fun to dream.

I'm not even a big fan of WarioWare, but I just think that Kat & Ana would be such a neat newcomer. Really cool potential there for an Ice Climbers style sword-fighter duo. Plus they're adorable and charming, and would increase the female rep count.

I'd prefer Kat & Ana over Isaac or Shulk, to be honest. Blasphemy, I know.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Blast wrote:

So................ After the Japanese 3DS version comes out..... the entire roster will be released and stages.

I have mixed feelings on that....

You've got to make a choice then. Do you refrain from blogs and message boards related to smash for a month? Or do you just go with it and use the information you get from the Internet as the time when you're told about these things. I've already decided that once I get Smash next month I'm going to take about two weeks away from the internet Smash sites and just be in my own world with the game (you know, apart from work, my studies, my bf, travelling, and everything else).

A part of me says I should try my best to avoid the Internet because I want that special moment of not knowing everything when I first play the game... but on the other hand... another part of me is like, "You didn't care when Mario Kart 8 came out and you still love the game." I practically knew everything about MK8 before it released.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Tsuchinoko

Blast wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Blast wrote:

So................ After the Japanese 3DS version comes out..... the entire roster will be released and stages.

I have mixed feelings on that....

You've got to make a choice then. Do you refrain from blogs and message boards related to smash for a month? Or do you just go with it and use the information you get from the Internet as the time when you're told about these things. I've already decided that once I get Smash next month I'm going to take about two weeks away from the internet Smash sites and just be in my own world with the game (you know, apart from work, my studies, my bf, travelling, and everything else).

A part of me says I should try my best to avoid the Internet because I want that special moment of not knowing everything when I first play the game... but on the other hand... another part of me is like, "You didn't care when Mario Kart 8 came out and you still love the game." I practically knew everything about MK8 before it released.

Totally. I'm happy this time because for every other Smash release I was late for that console or didn't own a Nintendo console during its initial run. This is the first time I can be surprised when playing a Smash game.

BTW, I saw this hot mess of a rumour and thought I'd share. Soon we won't have to deal with these anymore.

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/95033404921/rumor-mill-4chan-18

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Blast

@Tsuchinoko That rumor just seems incredibly false. Dixie Kong is just not joining the roster. Wii U getting delayed to 2015 is sales suicide and Dr. Eggman joining the roster??? MO WAY.

Master of the Hype Train

LzWinky

I'm still waiting for that Pokken Fighters at e3 rumor(s) to come true

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tsuchinoko

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blast wrote:

@Tsuchinoko That rumor just seems incredibly false. Dixie Kong is just not joining the roster. Wii U getting delayed to 2015 is sales suicide and Dr. Eggman joining the roster??? MO WAY.

Ha!

I'm on the train and I just saw a Smash ad. They must be really pushing him, or maybe he's more popular than I thought, but Gekkouga AKA Greninja was one of the only characters that was not in the initial presentation last year to show up in it.

DBPirate

In a GameXplain interview, a Nintendo worker (sorry, I forgot who it was) said Smash 4 will for sure be coming out this year for Wii U and won't be getting pushed back.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

CaviarMeths

DBPirate wrote:

In a GameXplain interview, a Nintendo worker (sorry, I forgot who it was) said Smash 4 will for sure be coming out this year for Wii U and won't be getting pushed back.

Of course it won't. It's their most important game release this year. Nintendo will put every employee in the entire company on the project to make sure it's out in time for the holidays if they have to.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Tsuchinoko

Three months only focusing on the WiiU version? They should be fine.

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

DBPirate wrote:

Of course it won't. It's their most important game release this year. Nintendo will put every employee in the entire company on the project to make sure it's out in time for the holidays if they have to.

If the Wii U version did get delayed to early 2015.... my hatred for the 3DS version ever being created might just destroy a mountain. (I don't really hate the 3DS version.... just kinda wished the 3DS version wasn't even announced until well after the Wii U version came out.... only because the Wii U actually needs this game to sell very well)

Master of the Hype Train

Yoshi

Blast wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

DBPirate wrote:

If the Wii U version did get delayed to early 2015.... my hatred for the 3DS version ever being created might just destroy a mountain. (I don't really hate the 3DS version.... just kinda wished the 3DS version wasn't even announced until well after the Wii U version came out.... only because the Wii U actually needs this game to sell very well)

To be fair, the 3DS version of Smash Bros. was announced before the Wii U was even released, so they most likely didn't foresee poor Wii U sales. Did they play their cards early? Perhaps, but it only means more Smash to go around.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Blast

@brewsky Interesting... Thanks for telling me that. I'm just so sure that if Microsoft or Sony was in this situation then Super Smash Bros. 3DS would be SECOND priority after the Wii U version.

But its whatever

Master of the Hype Train

TuVictus

I just can't wait to see the remixes that they put in the games. In Brawl my favorite had to be Gourmet Race. That sounded so epic. Hope they keep the live and learn song for sonic in there

TuVictus

FlaygletheBagel

The soundtrack to the Wii U version already sounds brilliant. You can hear several of the Wii U's new tracks in the background of the Smash Direct that happened last April. The Ocarina of Time Medley they put in Brawl was unbelievably good. Can't wait to see what they'll do with the music this time around.

Edited on by FlaygletheBagel

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

Klunk23

The Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon medley was my personal favorite song from Brawl.

Life needs to be as funtastic as you can make it

3DS Friend Code: 3480-3053-2523 | Nintendo Network ID: klunk23

MsJubilee

My favorite song from brawl is Calling to the night,god i can hear that song all day.Is sad that snake gone and the song as well.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic