Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 12,101 to 12,120 of 27,917

Eel

Instead of adding more minigames to Wario Ware Inc, I'd love for them to make "Wario Ware Twisted" a new stage instead.

That would be a super crazy stage.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Jazzer94

DreamyViridi wrote:

Y'know, speaking of stages, I'm surprised that the DK Jungle stage from Melee is returning again for 3DS. Appearing in 3 games in a row now, it's almost like that stage in particular is part of a tradition or something.

I don't mind as it really is a good stage.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Yoshi

DreamyViridi wrote:

Y'know, speaking of stages, I'm surprised that the DK Jungle stage from Melee is returning again for 3DS. Appearing in 3 games in a row now, it's almost like that stage in particular is part of a tradition or something.

Sector Z/Corneria would like to say hello. That stage has been in every Smash Bros. and was recently confirmed to appear in this one. Although the name of the stage may have changed, the stage itself is the same.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

The_Ninja

Jazzer94 wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

It's the best DK stage ever IMO, because all the others aren't even that good. I don't know why people complain about the water.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

DreamyViridi

@brewsky - Oh yeah. Thought didn't occur to me on that. DK Jungle just stands out more to me, I guess.
@Jazzer94 - I agree. It is a good stage that can keep you on your toes. Klap Trap can go screw itself though. XD
Kinda sucks that fighters apparently can't swim in this game though...

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MsJubilee

@Dark-Luigi Except when you drown in the six seconds when you're on the water.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Jazzer94

@DreamyViridi I kept forgetting swimming was gone on the 3DS Animal Crossing stage but I've been wondering if it is stage specific.

The_Ninja wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

It's the best DK stage ever IMO, because all the others aren't even that good. I don't know why people complain about the water.

Kongo Jungle isn't too bad but yeah Jungle Japes is the best of the bunch.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

ShadJV

DreamyViridi wrote:

@brewsky - Oh yeah. Thought didn't occur to me on that. DK Jungle just stands out more to me, I guess.
@Jazzer94 - I agree. It is a good stage that can keep you on your toes. Klap Trap can go screw itself though. XD
Kinda sucks that fighters apparently can't swim in this game though...

Yet on the results screen for the demo there was a stat for "distance swam", so doesn't that mean either it wasn't implemented yet or that stage just didn't support swimming? I'm rather confused about that stat...

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

MegaStoneSmash91

There was no swimming in Melee, so as far as we know Jungle Japes is back to it's original form on the 3DS. Swimming isn't entirely deconfirmed yet, as it may just have not been implemented in the demo build. You can swim in New Leaf, and it just seems so fitting for that stage especially with the sharks. It would be odd if you could swim on some stages but not others.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

ShadJV

I apologize, it was "swim time", not swim distance, but my point still stands, I think it's at 7:55 in that video?

Peace!

DreamyViridi

Well, I judged the lack of swimming from gameplay I saw of the New Leaf stage but it is the E3 build after all. It'd be weird to not be able to swim there and yet swim elsewhere. I guess it's possible that the general feature just wasn't implemented in time, hopefully it's there though if the "swim time" statistic exists. Thanks for mentioning that, @ShadJV.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Inkling

The more that I think about it

9-Volt would be a neat addition. He could use his Nintendo gear for moves and his Final Smash would be him and 18-Volt come across the screen on skateboards and knock people off

P.S if Smash comes out on 21st Nov in US and Japan and 28th in Europe

DANG YOU NINTENDO YOU JUST HATE US

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

CaviarMeths

Kat & Ana > 9-Volt

B)

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

ShadJV

Splatom wrote:

9-Volt would be a neat addition. He could use his Nintendo gear for moves and his Final Smash would be him and 18-Volt come across the screen on skateboards and knock people off

Why are you complaining? You guys get the 3DS title before us (so the US is the last to get the first version of the game), I'm gonna have to avoid the internet for spoilers or else have zero surprises. DX

Peace!

Grumblevolcano

ShadJV wrote:

Splatom wrote:

Why are you complaining? You guys get the 3DS title before us (so the US is the last to get the first version of the game), I'm gonna have to avoid the internet for spoilers or else have zero surprises. DX

Actually both the US and Europe receives the 3DS title on the same day (October 3rd), it's Japan that get it early (September 13th).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ShadJV

Grumblevolcano wrote:

ShadJV wrote:

Splatom wrote:

Actually both the US and Europe receives the 3DS title on the same day (October 3rd), it's Japan that get it early (September 13th).

My bad then, I must be thinking of Hyrule Warriors, the other Fall release I'm trying to avoid spoilers for. x.x

Peace!

Blast

So................ After the Japanese 3DS version comes out..... the entire roster will be released and stages.

I have mixed feelings on that....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Tsuchinoko

Blast wrote:

So................ After the Japanese 3DS version comes out..... the entire roster will be released and stages.

I have mixed feelings on that....

You've got to make a choice then. Do you refrain from blogs and message boards related to smash for a month? Or do you just go with it and use the information you get from the Internet as the time when you're told about these things. I've already decided that once I get Smash next month I'm going to take about two weeks away from the internet Smash sites and just be in my own world with the game (you know, apart from work, my studies, my bf, travelling, and everything else).

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic