Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 27,917

Orngeblu

Suicune wrote:

I think Marth is a mainstay as he is the figurehead for the Fire Emblem franchise. Ike's probably gonna get the axe.

Sadly, I think Lucas will be gone this next game. I hope they take the good things about his set and put it in Ness (Up Smash)

Well, considering it's only a 2nd rep from the Mother series, if they tried they could form his movesets out of different skills (like they did with PK freeze) to make him not a clone. Lucas needs a buff anyways. >_> But, you may be right...he may not be coming back.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Snagrio

I want to bring up a subject that surprisingly has been barely talked about lately. The 2014 projected release date. To simplify things the discussion will only be about the Wii U version.

So to start off, it has been in development for about a year and a half, and seems to be farther along then originally thought. So the Banmco team must be substantially large and in turn getting things done at a faster pace. But at the same time Sakurai is still mulling over rather core things like the roster and balancing, so it's clearly still got quite a ways to go yet.

In conclusion I remain skeptical of the proposed 2014 time slot, especially when you put into account Sakurai's habit of delaying games until they are deemed perfect, but I'm also not ruling out the 2014 possibility either. My prediction is it will come out very late next year, aka November-December, or get pushed back into Spring 2015 if there are delays, similar to what happened with Brawl.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Orngeblu

Balancing is a must. If it doesn't happen... I'll just hate it. >_> Everyone will just flock to the highest tier.

I'm just gonna assume it's Mega Man, because his moveset looks high tier material. Camping with his lasers (don't know what else to call them), that Dair (Down Air) looks like it has a lot of range, so it easily has high priority to spike someone over the edge. Apparently his flame sword did like 40%+ damage in the demo video.

But, we'll just have to wait and see if they make more changes, or if there will be another character that's a lot stronger

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Knux

I wouldn't be surprised if the 3DS version is released in 2014 and the Wii U version is released in 2015.

Knux

BandG

Knux wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the 3DS version is released in 2014 and the Wii U version is released in 2015.

I would think that too because the portable version would be easier to make...but I'm not so sure anymore... I'm almost positive the Wii U version will be released first, and by a lot because this game is a HUUUUGE system seller, if it came out on 3DS first people would just buy it on that first. That would decrease its Wii U sales by so much. If it releases on Wii U say 3 months early, a lot of people wouldn't be able to wait, and buy a Wii U. Nintendo is in a very tough spot right now. I'm actually pretty surprised that they are still making the 3DS version at all.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

Knux

BandG wrote:

I would think that too because the portable version would be easier to make...but I'm not so sure anymore... I'm almost positive the Wii U version will be released first, and by a lot because this game is a HUUUUGE system seller, if it came out on 3DS first people would just buy it on that first. That would decrease its Wii U sales by so much. If it releases on Wii U say 3 months early, a lot of people wouldn't be able to wait, and buy a Wii U. Nintendo is in a very tough spot right now. I'm actually pretty surprised that they are still making the 3DS version at all.

They're making a 3DS version because Sakurai knows there's a lot of people who want a portable Smash Bros., like me. The reason I said that the 3DS version might be finished first is simply because I think it's farther into development than the Wii U version was.

The best thing to do is probably release both versions on the same day. That way, Nintendo could possibly introduce a double pack where you can buy both versions at a slightly reduced price. That will increase sales for both titles, as a lot of people like myself will be buying both versions anyway and that will attract more people to buy both versions.

Knux

Snagrio

Knux wrote:

Actually Sakurai said they were having more difficulties with the 3DS version, so if the two are released separately it'll likely be Wii U 2014, 3DS 2015.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

Orngeblu

I think they will both release in near similar dates. Maybe 1 or 2 months apart, more or less.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

CrimsonFire

I honestly dont care if we either get the 3DS version or Wii U one first as i will be buying both.

As for it being released in 2014.I highly doubt this(I would be great if it were true).I really dont mind either if it comes out in 2015 because it'll be a better game because of it.

OdnetninAges

WingedFish wrote:

I want to bring up a subject that surprisingly has been barely talked about lately. The 2014 projected release date. To simplify things the discussion will only be about the Wii U version.

So to start off, it has been in development for about a year and a half, and seems to be farther along then originally thought. So the Banmco team must be substantially large and in turn getting things done at a faster pace. But at the same time Sakurai is still mulling over rather core things like the roster and balancing, so it's clearly still got quite a ways to go yet.

In conclusion I remain skeptical of the proposed 2014 time slot, especially when you put into account Sakurai's habit of delaying games until they are deemed perfect, but I'm also not ruling out the 2014 possibility either. My prediction is it will come out very late next year, aka November-December, or get pushed back into Spring 2015 if there are delays, similar to what happened with Brawl.

I feel exactly the same way.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Orngeblu

Charizord wrote:

can anyone confirm if this is a fake?

http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1372624240056.jpg

Are you serious? That's obviously fake, LOL. Whoever made this, I do hope they didn't think anyone would fall for it.

1. Project: M Skyloft stage (This part isn't obvious unless you've played P:M)

2. Those character models are bad, LOL.

3. Villager and Mega Man in that pic don't even look like that do in SSBU.

<3 Smash Bros.

SCRAPPER392

Orngeblu wrote:

Balancing is a must. If it doesn't happen... I'll just hate it. >_> Everyone will just flock to the highest tier.

I'm just gonna assume it's Mega Man, because his moveset looks high tier material. Camping with his lasers (don't know what else to call them), that Dair (Down Air) looks like it has a lot of range, so it easily has high priority to spike someone over the edge. Apparently his flame sword did like 40%+ damage in the demo video.

But, we'll just have to wait and see if they make more changes, or if there will be another character that's a lot stronger

No offense, but it's foolish to think any character is 'better' than another.
They balance out the characters as much as possible, and every character controls differently, anyway.
I'm gonna be honest, I think Jigglypuff is the worst character, but not because it's weak. I just can't do the roll thing that well, or the down B whatever move.
Even Metaknight. I hear complaints about that stuff all the time. He's fast, but he's not that strong.
In conclusion,(if you think MetaKnight is given an advantage) you're thinking speed is more dominant over intitial contact power.

I think every character in Brawl is pretty clusmy TBH. The characters I like most are Samus(I'm still good with Zero Suit), Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Ness.
I still see how the other characters are good, and I've even done good with Jigglypuff.

The only way I see this argument making sense, is if your favorite character is one of the smaller ones. Even then, there's always a way to counter. Again, the characters are balanced. They program it to be balanced, because that's one of the most important aspects of the entire game; every character having a chance.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SheldonRandoms

Charizord wrote:

can anyone confirm if this is a fake?

http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1372624240056.jpg

It's real, because somebody hacked the game, but for SSB4, nope.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Snagrio

SCAR392 wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

No offense, but it's foolish to think any character is 'better' than another.
They balance out the characters as much as possible, and every character controls differently, anyway.
I'm gonna be honest, I think Jigglypuff is the worst character, but not because it's weak. I just can't do the roll thing that well, or the down B whatever move.
Even Metaknight. I hear complaints about that stuff all the time. He's fast, but he's not that strong.
In conclusion,(if you think MetaKnight is given an advantage) you're thinking speed is more dominant over intitial contact power.

I think every character in Brawl is pretty clusmy TBH. The characters I like most are Samus(I'm still good with Zero Suit), Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Ness.
I still see how the other characters are good, and I've even done good with Jigglypuff.

The only way I see this argument making sense, is if your favorite character is one of the smaller ones. Even then, there's always a way to counter. Again, the characters are balanced. They program it to be balanced, because that's one of the most important aspects of the entire game; every character having a chance.

Yet I have to disagree to some extent. Say, you have the world's best Meta Knight user go against the world's best Ganondorf user. The Meta Knight user will win simply because Meta Knight has the better moveset. And this is a scenario where both players know every single little detail of their character to use them to their best advantage, but the result will, nine times out of ten, remain the same.

Snagrio

Snagrio

Something interesting has been grabbing my attention. Has anyone looked closely at some of Link's screenshots? It could be changes in lighting, but I swear that in a couple of them his hair is brown(ish) instead of blonde, yet his outfit remains the same.

If that is actually the case, I bet that is somewhere along the line of what Sakurai meant when he said characters will be customizable. In other words, instead of just picking different colors, you can also change individual sections like hair, clothes, and other accessories, and mix n' match whatever combination of available choices to your liking. As an example, you could have a Link with Dark Link's red eyes with TP's brunette hair wearing SS's outfit.

Snagrio

SCRAPPER392

@WingedFish
It's more of a dirty/sandy blonde. It's been like that since Twilight Princess(2006).

They still might do the custom color option, but his hair being that way isn't any indication.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic