Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 11,821 to 11,840 of 27,917

FlaygletheBagel

Yeah I was around the age of 11-12 when I beat Event 51, and I did it with Jigglypuff. I abused her down special BIG time.

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

Nintendo6400

brewsky wrote:

I'm not going to deny that Event 51 was an epic setup, because it was. It was just insanely difficult...at the time. I was like 12 or 13 when I beat it.

Ya that event was pretty awsome, I had to be younger than 10 when I beat it. I wonder what the final event will be for the newer games. Assuming that the events are returning, which I'm sure they are.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

CapeSmash

FlaygletheBagel wrote:

Yeah I was around the age of 11-12 when I beat Event 51, and I did it with Jigglypuff. I abused her down special BIG time.

Same.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Yoshi

7.28.2004 16:08:41
You've cleared all 1-P Event Matches!
Check out smashing sounds! Find Sound Test under Data.
The gateway to Final Destination has now been opened!
All stages are now open!

Clearing it on July 28, 2004 would make me 11, almost 12 at the time. I love how it kept track of when it happened! Yes, I did check my game.

EDIT: I'm excellent at math, but I calculated my age wrong! I was 10 at the time, since my birthday is September 1.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

kkslider5552000

I literally beat it twice because I restarted my whole file at some point because I ran out of things to do.

Not even kidding.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

FlaygletheBagel

Here's some new screens from Smash 3DS! Sure enough, you can customize the Mii Fighter's Equipment, Specials, Headgear, and Outfit. Pretty cool stuff! My guess is you get more of each of those via Streetpass and Spotpass.

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

Shirma_Akayaku

FlaygletheBagel wrote:

Here's some new screens from Smash 3DS! Sure enough, you can customize the Mii Fighter's Equipment, Specials, Headgear, and Outfit. Pretty cool stuff! My guess is you get more of each of those via Streetpass and Spotpass.

Fixed.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

FlaygletheBagel

@Shirma_Akayaku Thanks for the fix! I was about to edit it but you took care of it.

Shirma_Akayaku

@FlaygletheBagel Sure, no problem.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Yoshi

DestinyMan wrote:

The events this time are called challenges, I think. Remember the pink icon with the trophy in the 3DS main menu?

I think that's the "achievement panel" of sorts that Sakurai sticks into every game nowadays. The fact that the main game modes have a bold outline around them while Challenges doesn't leads me to think this.

An event mode would be in the single player category.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

MegaStoneSmash91

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I literally beat it twice because I restarted my whole file at some point because I ran out of things to do.

Not even kidding.

I restarted my save file on Melee several times. That's how much I loved it. Everything done? Restart. Done again? Restart. I loved unlocking all the characters and playing through the Event Matches and other single player modes.

Then Brawl came out.....

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

The_Ninja

Still haven't beaten every Event Match in Melee. I can't even unlock Game & Watch. If the game had Brawl psychics, I would be way better at it. For some reason I'm really used to Brawl.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Tsuchinoko

Sakurai, you troll. I forgot, who called it yesterday?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

MegaStoneSmash91

Sakurai set up for this reveal rather nicely. I knew something was fishy. Glad to finally see Meta Knight.

Now where's Wario?

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

DreamyViridi

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I think @MrWalkieTalkie somewhat called it. Granted, it happened today, not yesterday but still.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MsJubilee

Ahh sakurai you never cease to disappoint, with your reveals. So what do you guys think will be the next character that returns from brawl? I'm guessing is going to be lucas, i really hope it is so he can come back to represent earthbound with ness.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

JunkosBoobies

I'm just glad we're getting a veteran reveal. Not my number one most wanted veteran, but still cool. If he's nerfed I'll surely be using him.

I'm now expecting Sakurai to go reveal crazy these next few weeks. Because the 3DS Version is getting released in JP in 4 Weeks makes it very predictable.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

May_Nyan

A character reveal on a Wednesday 0-0

May_Nyan

Tsuchinoko

DreamyViridi wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I think @MrWalkieTalkie somewhat called it. Granted, it happened today, not yesterday but still.

Haha close enough. Good call. Don't remember if we've had a veteran reveal on a Wednesday before. I'm thinking with the release coming closer and closer, outside of the reveal trailers we might get more random reveals like this, kinda like we had for a while last year up until the Diddy reveal when it fizzled out for a while.

Tsuchinoko

DestinyMan wrote:

There's been information added on the website, such as a general overview of some of the stages so far.
http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry4.html

Yeah, its the same. How fun there reveals are.

I just looked at the Japanese site. Maybe they're the same? I see a thing for Single play, stage intro 1, and an explanation on some of the different kinds of strikes and smashes and blocks, probably for beginners to the series.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic