Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 11,801 to 11,820 of 27,917

The_Ninja

FlaygletheBagel wrote:

@Franklin I do like the idea of adding Capture the Flag to Smash, but I think the only problem is that almost none of the maps are big enough for that. Palutenas Temple might be a fun place since it's got plenty of room to run around, but I can't see any other map as being big enough to work.

They could make a map just for that mode, like the Climb! challenge in Smash Run.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Azooooz

So you hold the flag, you get extra stock in stock match or additional KO count. And the risk is that you are vulnerable to opponents attack. I say that's an impressive item balance.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Haxonberik

Well, if capture the flag is not a game mode we could definitely make it one by deactivating other items and changing scoring parameters in a timed match, so at least there's that for this item if it proves too unbalanced for regular matches.

www.convectiongames.com

DefHalan

Haxonberik wrote:

Well, if capture the flag is not a game mode we could definitely make it one by deactivating other items and changing scoring parameters in a timed match, so at least there's that for this item if it proves too unbalanced for regular matches.

A timed matched where the only way to gain points is to use those flags. You still lose points for deaths, the challenge is to try to have a positive score.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Nintendo6400

Ya that sounds fun.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

LzWinky

LOLSANIC wrote:

How about a mode where you have to fight all the bosses at the same time? You know, all on the same screen?

No. That would overload the game a bit

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

The_Ninja

@LOLSANIC Err.. nah. Wii U may seem strong, but that will lag for sure.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

New_3DaSh_XL

LOLSANIC wrote:

How about a mode where you have to fight all the bosses at the same time? You know, all on the same screen?

Regardless of hardware capabilities, I don't think there's any way this could possibly be considered "fun."

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Yoshi

LOLSANIC wrote:

Event 51 from Melee is the closest I'd ever want to get to something like that.

And it was a pain in the *** to beat.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Jazzer94

brewsky wrote:

LOLSANIC wrote:

Addressing the original quest first no that doesn't sound fun at all. Event 51 was easy choose Cap. Falcon knee the s$%t outta everything.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

UGXwolf

The flag sounds pretty fair to me. It's not an insta-win like some people make it out to be. It's an item that can bring you back from the brink, if you're in trouble or give you a much needed leg up, but you're gonna have to be smart to get the most out of that item, rather than just becoming a massive target. I also don't think it'll get entirely ignored or break up every match like the Smash Ball does. It's gonna be very situational.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Inkling

You know you want him...

NON SPECIFIC ACTION FIGURE

Approves the battle!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

MsJubilee

Oh my god LOLSANIC yes that's fake.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

TheKingOfTown

I wonder what that flag does in coin battles?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

NintendoFan64

brewsky wrote:

Oh my God, I HATED that event.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Yoshi

TheKingOfTown wrote:

I wonder what that flag does in coin battles?

Doesn't exist.

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Captain_Toad

DestinyMan wrote:

What? I loved the final battle in Melee with Giga Bowser, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo. So epic!

Heh, which character did you use for event 51?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Yoshi

I'm not going to deny that Event 51 was an epic setup, because it was. It was just insanely difficult...at the time. I was like 12 or 13 when I beat it.

Now playing:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic