Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 27,917

Snagrio

BandG wrote:

Chrono_Crossing wrote:

Great idea, lol. Let's hope Nintendo actually updates his arsenal.

Oh, and I love that Nintendo stuck with the TP version of Link.

Actually I have a theory on that.. Remember how it was announced that each character will have individual, unlockable costumes? Well I don't think TP Link will be the only version playable. It just wouldn't make sense since it was practically two console games ago. You will probably be able to unlock Skyward Sword Link, and The new Link. ( Anouma said this game will have an art style unlike anything yet.)

I'm going to take a completely wild and out there guess and say that Link will have mech armor. And don't give me the whole "But that wouldn't fit in the Zelda universe!" talk, Link's been on a freaking TRAIN after all.

Edit: Also if I remember right Sakurai simply said characters will be "customizable" with no direct mention of alternate costumes specifically. Although they would certainly be in that catagory.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Orngeblu

blackavatar123 wrote:

Also I really hope they get rid snake from Metal Gear Solid he's just so cheap and easy to use.

What...? How is Snake cheap? I'm surprised you didn't add Meta Knight to that list, assuming you don't think he's cheap considering he's highest on the tier list. (Which doesn't necessarily make him cheap, but he's the best character in the game but you have to label snake as the cheap one. Just sounds to me like you're bad at fighting good snakes, no offense.) Do explain to me how Snake is so cheap and easy to use. Also, easy to use does not mean it isn't hard to master. Not that snake is easy to use. He has a much different play style than the rest of the cast. Mostly relying on ground priority, grenades, and DownB setups.

blackavatar123 wrote:

Next onto the SSE (subspace emissary or story mode) The mode on Brawl was great it was long complex and had lots of twists to the plot. I hope they make the SSE with more cut scenes i mean everyone loves awesome cut scenes. Besides that there isn't a whole lot I would want to changes.
Next is the online gameplay hopefully they will integrate the MiiVerse and have the game connected to the hand held version seeing that they can't play online together. Which i really am disappointed about. I'm also hoping that the game runs much smoother there was lots of lag on brawl i hope they get that fixed so ya thats what i have to say

I would love another SSE-like adventure mode, but unfortunately Sakurai said he isn't going to be doing that. But it looks like we'll be getting an adventure mode similar to Melee's.

And yep, of course we need a better online. That's the only thing I need. I don't care if it's the same game.

Also, welcome to the site.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Snagrio

If the Adventure Mode is in fact going to be more like Melee's, I hope the idea of fighting through enemies from existing franchises is built greatly upon.

Melee just had Mario and Zelda foes, and Brawl was just Mario alongside a bunch of random weirdos. But the Mega Man trailer did show a glimpse of the Yellow Devil, which likely will serve as a boss.

So what would be very cool is if you can go through each character's world (but not multiple ones per franchise, for example there is only one Mario themed level despite there being more then one Mario character) battling through that universe's enemies, like Bulborbs in Pikmin's level and Waddle Dees in Kirby's, before taking on that levels' boss. I do like the FanFiction-esch Subspace storyline, but this can work out well too.

Snagrio

Captain_Balko

WingedFish wrote:

If the Adventure Mode is in fact going to be more like Melee's, I hope the idea of fighting through enemies from existing franchises is built greatly upon.

Melee just had Mario and Zelda foes, and Brawl was just Mario alongside a bunch of random weirdos. But the Mega Man trailer did show a glimpse of the Yellow Devil, which likely will serve as a boss.

So what would be very cool is if you can go through each character's world (but not multiple ones per franchise, for example there is only one Mario themed level despite there being more then one Mario character) battling through that universe's enemies, like Bulborbs in Pikmin's level and Waddle Dees in Kirby's, before taking on that levels' boss. I do like the FanFiction-esch Subspace storyline, but this can work out well too.

What if they did.. BOTH. Just called them different modes. There is a mode called "Story Mode" that focuses on a Subspace sort of feel and emphasizes the story and interaction of characters from different worlds. And then "Adventure Mode" is split up into actual levels instead of one long game - each stage could be based on a certain world like the Mushroom Kingdom and Hyrule and all of the other Nintendo universes. They could all play a little differently, and maybe the final ones are based off of past Smash Bros titles - like a level based on Subspace where you fight Tabu at the end.

Just an idea.

Captain_Balko

DreamyViridi

@WingedFish - A thing to note about the Yellow Devil is that it shows up in the Wily Castle stage in the trailer as opposed to anywhere else. The Yellow Devil may just be a stage hazard. That doesn't mean he can't be more than that though.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Joeynator3000

Could also be an Assist Trophy.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Arminillo

Lucina or Chrom in SSB?

While Lucina might confuse people because she looks similar to Marth, she would add another female character to the roster (which some people desperately crave) and she could even incorporate Chrom with her Final Smash: After swinging at an enemy(ies), Chrom 'pairs-up' with Lucina like the feature in Awakening, performing a devastating combo sending the targets flying. Her main problem is having to prevent her from using a moveset similar to Marth. I mean, they even have the same weapon!

Chrom, on the other hand also has the same weapon as Marth, but is much more similar to Ike in his physical build. That means he wouldn't be as fast as Marth, but has a danger of being to similar to Ike. Chrom's Final Smash could incorporate Lucina in a fashion similar to the one I outlined earlier; OR, he could strike with the power of Naga, sending a dragon-shaped blast in a line; similar to Sheik/Zelda or Marth's FS.

The biggest problem with both of them is that it would be hard to make them look like something we haven't seen before in SSB. Avatar/Robin/My Unit, however, could be very interesting.

Hooded and donned in androgynous attire, Robin(i'll just use that name) could have the ability to use many different weapons, or just a Tome and Sword; the two weapons he/she has in canon (by canon I mean the dialogue in the first chapter). Robin's Final Smash could be the Pair-Up attack or the Naga attack I talked about for Chrom or Lucina. In fact, for the pair up, it could be Chrom or Morgan! The best thing about Robin is how unique the moveset could be.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Snagrio

Robin would certainly deviate from the typical sword user, what with his/her magic attacks an all. But Chrom seems to have the best chance though.

Snagrio

Orngeblu

>_> I hope they don't replace Marth with this "Lucina" chick.

It's possible we might get new Fire Emblem characters because there has been a new Fire Emblem recently. I mean, I think Sakurai would choose FE characters the same way he chooses Pokemon, and if he does, this would result in new FE characters. He's aware of the newest FE right? (Why wouldn't he?)

As much as I hate to say it, Marth probably will be cut for new FE characters. :I Maybe same for Ike.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

MegaStoneSmash91

WingedFish wrote:

Some great ideas here. I loved Melee's Adventure Mode, but I do wish there were more levels like Mushroom Kingdom and the Underground Maze. That was basically what The Subspace Emissary was: A story mode where every level was 2.5D side-scrolling beat 'em up action. Now I'm not saying Smash Bros. is a game in the "beat 'em up" genre (it clearly isn't), but I did love both the aforementioned Adventure Mode levels and The Subspace Emissary for just that reason. It was a little platforming, and a little fighting at the same time. A new Adventure Mode featuring more side-scrolling levels based on numerous Nintendo franchises (including appropriate enemies and world objects) would be awesome.

Also, I've always wanted costumes in the series that change more than just color. Take Wario for example. He has a Warioware look as well as his classic overalls look as separate costumes without anything changing but his clothes. Link could have these types of costumes, such as his Fierce Deity look or even his starting outfit from Twilight Princess.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Snagrio

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

I can't wait to see Chrom in a 3D model

More like I can't wait to see his HD model.

@Orngeblu While I agree with the possibility of Ike leaving (as much as I'd hate to see him go), I highly doubt Marth will. He's pretty much the main representative of Fire Emblem by this point, not to mention he is very popular among the Smash Bros. cast.

Snagrio

MegaStoneSmash91

There's a very good chance Ike will not return. Marth however, has been in the series longer than Ike, so he's likely to stay. Never know, though, as he might also be removed to make way for a character from Awakening.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Arminillo

I think Marth is a mainstay as he is the figurehead for the Fire Emblem franchise. Ike's probably gonna get the axe.

Sadly, I think Lucas will be gone this next game. I hope they take the good things about his set and put it in Ness (Up Smash)

-DeviousSnorlax

SCRAPPER392

Wasn't Marth in FE: Awakening, anyway? I don'r have the game, but I figured that masked guy in the game was him as a spirit or something.
I think Marth will say. I'm not sure about Ike, but he had some decent, different moves than Marth and Link.

I want Snake to get cut. Sorry Kojima. I have a few reasons why. One, kind of a novelty character. Two, doesn't fit in with Nintendo's characters. Three, 3 of his moves damage him or his teammates. Lastly, he has hardly any games on Nintendo consoles in comparison to PS.

I think since Konami owns the rights to Bomberman, now, they should just replace Snake with Bomberman as the Konami rep.

I'm still betting on Pac-Man making it into the game, because of Namco.

I think Sonic should stay.

It's pretty doubtful more than one 3rd party character will show up for each company, but it's ultimately up to the Sora team(duh), and we'll just have to wait and see.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

supered91

Suicune wrote:

I think Marth is a mainstay as he is the figurehead for the Fire Emblem franchise. Ike's probably gonna get the axe.

Sadly, I think Lucas will be gone this next game. I hope they take the good things about his set and put it in Ness (Up Smash)

i think ness is just one of those characters that you have to master,but i think sonic could leave or if fans demand like they did with mega man he could stay

supered91

MegaStoneSmash91

Sonic will probably stay. He's more iconic of a character than Snake, and he fits in with the Smash Bros. universe just fine. Plus, Sonic Lost World is coming out, so they may keep him around if only for promotional reasons. But like I said, it would make sense for him to stay.

Beep.
That is all.

FireMario887

Link does have a pretty nifty design on Smash Bros U.

FireMario887

Arminillo

The scene in the Megaman trailer when the Metal Blades rolled off his shield....

Like his facial expression and his hair and the sparks...

It was cool.

-DeviousSnorlax

Snagrio

SCAR392 wrote:

Wasn't Marth in FE: Awakening, anyway? I don'r have the game, but I figured that masked guy in the game was him as a spirit or something.

Technically you are right and wrong at the same time. First, that "Masked Marth" is actually Chrom's (the main character of the game) daughter from the future in disguise. However, the "real" Marth is playable in the game, as a spirit representing him. Actually the same can be said for all previous FE characters in Awakening.

Anyway onto the main discussion. The only other 3rd parties I'm expecting beyond Mega Man is Sonic returning and Pac-Man. As for 1st party I'm thinking Palutena (she was the only non-playable ally in the Subspace Emissary if that says anything), K. Rool (I know it's a stretch, but a guy can dream), Alph from Pikmin 3 (hopefully not at the expense of Olimar), and maybe Paper Mario.

Also, did anyone else notice a certain screenshot of Link that shows his "skirt" flapping up in the wind during a fall from jumping? I thought it was nice with the detail, then just laughed for other reasons...

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic