Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 11,781 to 11,800 of 27,917

2Sang

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

That Frog hat is also from Streetpass as well as the masks revealed in today's pic. Really looking like we'll be able to use all the hats from streetpass.

That's cool! I just hope we don't have to actually have the hats on are street pass, because I don't street pass very often.

I don't think so. How will we be able to use them in the Wii U version?

Unless that'll be one of the 3DS + Wii U connection features.

most likely. There's still so much unexplained with barely a month until release.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Eel

I remember it was said early on that only the portable version would feature a way to customize the characters.

I think they dropped that idea though.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LzWinky

Morphbug wrote:

I remember it was said early on that only the portable version would feature a way to customize the characters.

I think they dropped that idea though.

You can still customize movesets

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tsuchinoko

2Sang wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Wow. lame. Even with low expectations, I was expecting something new, although I guess the new hats will suffice for me for the time being. There absolutely has to be a direct within the next few weeks because we still need to see the "bottom of the barrel" of those newcomer trailer(s)..

On a side note, isn't there a stream or something tonight in japan of smash bros on a japanese show or something?

Why were you expecting something new? Because of Coro Coro?

Yes. Corocoro almost always has new details. Case in point pokemon R/S brought new mega evos.

But they never promised new info at any point, whereas they specifically promise new Pokemon info. For the Smash article, their issue was a bad translation that came from poor wording in the Japanese. There was a simple change they could have made in the tease that would have made their intention much more clear, but that was on then. It was similar to "we will show all of the characters and stages (up to this point).

The thing was, this months issue didn't even have Smash as one of its main features. Compared to Pokemon and Youkai Watch there was barely anything on the site.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Eel

So it is literally a flag you must raise to gain points/lives at the expense of becoming an easy target.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Yoshi

Well that is definitely interesting. I was contemplating on whether or not they should add the Life Shroom as an item and its effect. I was thinking that the Life Shroom could add a point or a stock depending on the match, but when you die, you'll respawn at 100-150% damage (like how the Life Shroom only restores 10 HP). When you die again, you'll respawn at 0% damage like normal.

But this seems a lot more fun.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Caryslan

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

So it's pretty much set to become the next Smash Ball. The second it shows up on screen, everyone will suddenly drop what they're doing and try to get their hands on it.

Now the funny thing is if the Flag and the Smash Ball appear on screen at the same time. Which one will take priority for most players? The Smash Ball that grants a Final Smash that has a good chance of scoring KOs but carries the chance of losing it if hit and could miss, or a Flag that gives an extra stock or KO but requires the player to stand still to trigger?

I am liking the new items in this game. They seem alot more fun than the items that were introduced in Brawl.

Edited on by Caryslan

Caryslan

Eel

I think most people will decide to ignore the flag itself and will instead prefer to get an easy KO out of whatever poor soul decides to grab it.

Bloop.

19Robb92

This is going to make for some very interesting 1v1 games..

It might feel kind of unfair if one person just got knocked out and the flag spawns right afterwards giving the opponent a whole point. Not sure I like this item, feels pretty cheap.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Jazzer94

That will be the first item being switched off, a smash ball in a casual match is one thing but an item for a free point....... I don't think anyone I play with will want that in a match as it takes the fun away even when playing casually.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Tsuchinoko

Jazzer94 wrote:

That will be the first item being switched off, a smash ball in a casual match is one thing but an item for a free point....... I don't think anyone I play with will want that in a match as it takes the fun away even when playing casually.

I say try it out a few times first. It might be fun!

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Jazzer94

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

I say try it out a few times first. It might be fun!

Oh I'll try it once or twice but can tell this would make any win feel a tad hollow.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Uncle_Franklin

There should be a separate 'Capture the flag' game mode instead of this item. So you could choose a 'Stock', 'Time', 'Coin', 'Flag' match etc.

Uncle_Franklin

FlaygletheBagel

@Franklin I do like the idea of adding Capture the Flag to Smash, but I think the only problem is that almost none of the maps are big enough for that. Palutenas Temple might be a fun place since it's got plenty of room to run around, but I can't see any other map as being big enough to work.

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

NintendoFan64

I'm actually glad that we finally know just what the heck that flag does, but after looking at some of the posts about it, yeah...this item would just make things a bit unfair.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic