Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 11,721 to 11,740 of 27,917

Eel

The fact that everyone and their dog will know about them on the day the game is released doesn't meant they won't leave a few characters as unlockables.

The idea is that, if a few characters are left as unannounced unlocks, then people will be able to make silly rumors about super secret characters.

As I mentioned, since games are pretty much already hacked the week before they release these days, that kind of thing is pretty much impossible now. But it would be nice to see silly rumors about secret characters.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Yoshi

midnafanboy wrote:

Secret characters hidden?They are not going to be hidden cause when the 3ds version of the game releases in japan, everyone on the internet will know the character list and every little detail of the game in a matter of hours.The only way you wont be spoiled of the character roster, is avoiding the internet and nintendo based websites, just like this one for a long time until you get your hands on the game.

Challenge accepted.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Yoshi

Yes! Yes!

YES!

Miis can wear masks! I bet they made masks for every playable character in the game! Meta Knight confirmed?

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

MrWalkieTalkie

DestinyMan wrote:

My only question is if these helmets, masks, and hats are exclusive to Mii Fighter classes or not? Like if the Meta Knight mask is exclusive to Swordfighters or not?

I doubt it, all the Miis have the same body shape in the end. And isn't the Mii dressed as Samus also a swordfighter? She seems to be holding a lazer sword. Like this guy:
Untitled

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Yoshi

How about...Majora's Mask???

Now playing:

MsJubilee

Okay the mii with the purple top hat looks badass and i wonder how many costumes are going to be for the miis? Cause they all look awesome and i thought of something.You know the hats from streetplaza? Could those hats fit in smash bros for both version, i would love to have a mii wearing a burger hat while i use him.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

MsJubilee

@MrWalkieTalkie Shh be quiet we don't speak that characters name here, or he will come back with a vengeance that no man can apprehend.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

Yoshi

midnafanboy wrote:

Shh be quiet we don't speak that characters name here, or he will come back with a vengeance that no man can apprehend.

Dare I suggest first person Smash?

Now playing:

MsJubilee

@brewsky Why did you say that? Now he will stalk @MrWalkieTalkie on miiverse and end him.Now i'm scared guys.

Edited on by MsJubilee

Kewlan

@brewsky

It would be cool if they had some challenges that you had to complete to unlock these cosmetics. It would also be cool if you could only complete them as your Mii!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Tsuchinoko

I don't have my 3DS on me. Are these the same as the MK and Samus masks from Mii Plaza? If so maybe thats part of the connectivity feature between the different versions of the game.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

DreamyViridi

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I don't have my 3DS on me. Are these the same as the MK and Samus masks from Mii Plaza? If so maybe thats part of the connectivity feature between the different versions of the game.

The Meta Knight mask lacks the shoulder pads but I think the Samus mask is near identical. It'd be great to have all of the Streetpass Masks/Hats available in Smash, I kinda like the Sheik get-up I've been wearing for a while at the Plaza.

Wow, the Miiverse post is already maxed out on comments! I think that's a new record so far...

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Tsuchinoko

DreamyViridi wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

The Meta Knight mask lacks the shoulder pads but I think the Samus mask is near identical. It'd be great to have all of the Streetpass Masks/Hats available in Smash, I kinda like the Sheik get-up I've been wearing for a while at the Plaza.

Wow, the Miiverse post is already maxed out on comments! I think that's a new record so far...

Oh wow, I have the same mask! I still really doubt I'll use the Mii Fighters though.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

MegaStoneSmash91

I wonder how they'll handle Kirby when he copies Mii characters. With all the hats, masks, and hairstyles, I'd imagine there's a uniformly designed piece of headwear that shows the class of Mii that was copied. Apparel items like the Samus helmet would be the same as when he copies the actual Samus, so I don't think copying what the Mii is wearing would work.

And that Meta Knight mask is an interesting thing to show, but Sakurai's comment took it to a different level. He wants to keep us guessing, I still believe Meta Knight will return. Why he would go to the trouble of saying that still confuses me, though. Was it a joke? Or just a jab at the fact that he hasn't been revealed yet?

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Haxonberik

Meta Knight's return has been a given for me since Sakurai posted that whiteboard drawing at the start of development (sane with game & watch). I can hardly see how this would be damaging his chances at all, especially if you consider the other mask is for a confirmed fighter.

www.convectiongames.com

DreamyViridi

Nah, MK is still more than likely to be a fighter. It's just Sakurai with more friendly trolling to those who are impatient with character reveals. ^^

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic