Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 11,641 to 11,660 of 27,917

2Sang

PigmaskColonel wrote:

So, I've been wondering who else went to play the Smash-Fest Best Buy demo. I went to the one in Austin Texas. I played as Little Mac on 3DS once and lost, then as Villager on 3DS and lost again, finally I played as Villager once more and won on 3DS and came in 2nd on the Wii U version as Villager again (darn you anonymous OP Mega Man player!!).

How was your experience? I found the 3DS to control incredibly good when opposed to my worries that it'd be very tedious. I had to use the pro controller on Wii U, so the tap jump severely screwed me up...

went both days and was first in line. I thought it was a great experience, but wish it was slightly more organized.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Nintendo6400

I wish I could've gone on both days, but it just wasn't in the cards for me. Heck, me and my friends had to go in late which resulted in us only getting to play each demo once... for 2 minutes while waiting for at least 2 hours. Also when we got the 3ds the battery was on blinking red, so we had to hurry and play a quick match. It was still wort it though.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

MegaStoneSmash91

I got multiple tries of both versions. I guess I should consider myself lucky. The number of people decreased bit by bit as time passed, which made the line shorter. Eventually they were letting groups have 3 matches at a time before getting back in line. Played 5 matches on the Wii U version, and I don't even know how much time I spent on the 3DS version. It wasn't regulated very well, but I did play at least 2 matches with CPUs, and spent a lot of time beating on Sandbag while trying out taunts and different characters. Didn't play Smash Run, though. Everyone was just selecting normal Smash battles and I didn't think to press the B-button a couple times or anything. Too in the moment, I suppose.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

elrith

Is it just me or does The Villager seem to have extremely slow gameplay that other fast characters such as Fox, Sonic, Zero Suit Samus, etc can capitalize off of? I really want The Villager to be my main but he seems to lack something from what I saw at the tournament on YouTube. IDK, anyone else feel this way?

It's either Oilmar or The Villager

elrith

Uncle_Franklin

Well, I don't think Olimar is going to be very fast either.

Uncle_Franklin

elrith

Franklin wrote:

Well, I don't think Olimar is going to be very fast either.

so you do think the villager seems like a slow player? they don't seem very strong is what i'm saying. I'm not saying I want them fast like Fox or Sonic, not all the characters are fast but do you think the playstyle of the characters are not strong? not sure how to word it.

Kind of like Bowser in the original SSB. He was useless

elrith

Uncle_Franklin

Bowser first appeared in Melee, but yes was useless in that installment.

Edited on by Uncle_Franklin

Uncle_Franklin

The_Ninja

I wanna main Villager too, and he'll be the edgeguard king. Down B, smash attack, dash attack. His up tilt is very nice, and his Uair and Dair too.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

mistervorks

elrith wrote:

Is it just me or does The Villager seem to have extremely slow gameplay that other fast characters such as Fox, Sonic, Zero Suit Samus, etc can capitalize off of? I really want The Villager to be my main but he seems to lack something from what I saw at the tournament on YouTube. IDK, anyone else feel this way?

I played as the Villager at the Smash-Fest twice on 3DS and once on Wii U, and boy, was he awesome. Have no worries, I thought he was pretty quick (especially when dashing).

Also, how come everyone else didn't have to wait four hours in line? I had to wait that long and got to play the 3DS version three times as they passed it down the line. It wasn't as bad since the guy in front of me was a Nintendo fan, so we were speculating and discussing Smash Bros. in-depth. We got to play the Wii U version once, and we were dang lucky since it was nine minutes until closing.

WHOA MAHYTUH

Twitter:

Blast

My hype has crashed through the ceiling!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MsJubilee

I wish King K. Rool would get in, cause we need more villains in smash bros. And come one more representative of the donkey kong franchise, won't hurt anyone.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

The_Ninja

PigmaskColonel wrote:

So, anyone else hoping for King K. Rool (I know there are, but I cant find them)?

Even though I've never played a DK game, he just seems so awesome. With his cannonballs and crown, he could be a intresting fighter. Plus, more villains is always good.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Tsuchinoko

I'm liking the new Game Boy stage.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Uncle_Franklin

I would very much like King K.Rool, but I think Dixie is next in line, and I doubt that they'll be 2 extra characters for Donkey Kong. Although any sort of rhyme there ever was with the roster seems to have gone out of the window with Fire Emblem now having 4 representatives.

Edited on by Uncle_Franklin

Uncle_Franklin

FlaygletheBagel

I wonder if the Gameboy stage will cycle through scenes from popular Gameboy games. Like after it 'powers on' it could go on to show Tetris or something.

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

LzWinky

So are all down-Bs some form of counter?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

2Sang

PigmaskColonel wrote:

So, anyone else hoping for King K. Rool (I know there are, but I cant find them)?

DK is a franchise that I think deserves 2 new reps considering the 3 new games since brawl. King K Rool and Dixie are both very deserving and would both make a lot of sense.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Uncle_Franklin

If the Game Boy stage goes through different GB games, you can bet that Kirby's Dream Land will be one of them.

Uncle_Franklin

Nintendo6400

I do want more villains in the game, so yes, I would love to see king k. Rool. I would love to see more villains such as Hades though.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic