Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 11,621 to 11,640 of 27,917

MegaStoneSmash91

I'm glad to finally know what these two do. I saw them, and they didn't appear to do anything. Some buff effects, though, that's pretty nice.

Also, somewhat off-topic, but I finally saw Manaphy in Brawl the other day. I've been playing it ever since release day, and had not seen that particular Pokemon once over the course of 6 years. I new it was there, since it's on the official Brawl site, but never saw it. Kinda surprised me. Is it that rare? Or is this just some odd coincidence?

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

DreamyViridi

@MegaStoneSmash91 - Who knows when it comes to Pokémon...
Back at Hyper Japan, after playing the Smash 4 demos, I saw someone set up a GameCube and played some Melee matches. During one of them, Mew popped up twice in a row. Tis random stuff, I tell ya.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

mistervorks

So, I've been wondering who else went to play the Smash-Fest Best Buy demo. I went to the one in Austin Texas. I played as Little Mac on 3DS once and lost, then as Villager on 3DS and lost again, finally I played as Villager once more and won on 3DS and came in 2nd on the Wii U version as Villager again (darn you anonymous OP Mega Man player!!).

How was your experience? I found the 3DS to control incredibly good when opposed to my worries that it'd be very tedious. I had to use the pro controller on Wii U, so the tap jump severely screwed me up...

WHOA MAHYTUH

Twitter:

MegaStoneSmash91

@PigmaskColonel Smash Fest was excellent, except for the time I spent waiting in line. I enjoyed both versions very much. I too thought the 3DS version controlled well, though the button layout was not to my liking. Customizing the controls will be the first thing I do on that version. Pro Controllers would have worked pretty nice in the Wii U version, but again, the controls were not how I wanted them. Both versions felt very close in terms of how they played, which is good.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Captain_Toad

luisesteban wrote:

What is that stage?

The elite 4 stage from Pokemon X and Y on the (3ds, yes that actually happened). Namely the water stage.

And yes I know it's a day late but Finally I get the chance to say "DAYBREAK" at a dramatic voice whenever I fully equip and fire this thing. MUAHAHAHA.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Tsuchinoko

Captain_Toad wrote:

luisesteban wrote:

What is that stage?

The elite 4 stage from Pokemon X and Y on the (3ds, yes that actually happened). Namely the water stage.

And yes I know it's a day late but Finally I get the chance to say "DAYBREAK" at a dramatic voice whenever I fully equip and fire this thing. MUAHAHAHA.

I don't mind if the WiiU gets that stage, because the 3DS version has Prism Tower!

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

ZurrrrBlattTron

And 3DS also got the Champions and N's castle :3 so 3 Pokémon stages on the same version would had been a little overkill

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

ZurrrrBlattTron

Still waiting to see Yvetal come out and wreck everything also hoping FABULOUS Ganondorf is shown off soon the fabulous manly mane is to epic not to be in I don't even care if he's still a clone just give him dat mane and we're good

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

BoostWarrior

This has been the greatest Roster for a Smash so far, It is gonna be hard to choose a Main

BoostWarrior

NintendoFan64

Yay, more pokemon! I love the pokeballs, especially in melee because you could spawn a dozen pokeballs in training mode. It was awesome.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

The_Ninja

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

@PigmaskColonel Smash Fest was excellent, except for the time I spent waiting in line. I enjoyed both versions very much. I too thought the 3DS version controlled well, though the button layout was not to my liking. Customizing the controls will be the first thing I do on that version. Pro Controllers would have worked pretty nice in the Wii U version, but again, the controls were not how I wanted them. Both versions felt very close in terms of how they played, which is good.

Even though I didn't play it, I know for sure have A as attack and B as special wont be comfortable for me, for some reason. I'll probaly change it to X as attack and Y as special, or the N64 controls.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Kewlan

So my grandpa is working at Nintendo, and he told me that all the assist trophies will become playable characters in an upcoming DLC!

Just kidding, I'm bored... x_x

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

8BitSamurai

Kewlan wrote:

So my grandpa is working at Nintendo, and he told me that all the assist trophies will become playable characters in an upcoming DLC!

Just kidding, I'm bored... x_x

My uncle works at Sony and has confirmed this for the upcoming Xbox One RPG, "Supra Broters of Smash"

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

OdnetninAges

PigmaskColonel wrote:

So, I've been wondering who else went to play the Smash-Fest Best Buy demo. I went to the one in Austin Texas. I played as Little Mac on 3DS once and lost, then as Villager on 3DS and lost again, finally I played as Villager once more and won on 3DS and came in 2nd on the Wii U version as Villager again (darn you anonymous OP Mega Man player!!).

How was your experience? I found the 3DS to control incredibly good when opposed to my worries that it'd be very tedious. I had to use the pro controller on Wii U, so the tap jump severely screwed me up...

At first I didn't think I was going to be able to go... But then I saw that the city bus went to the one in Cedar Park, so...

It took 2 hours on 2 buses to get there, and it was an approximately 2 hour wait in line, but it was worth it. Although, I can't help but say the idiots at Best Buy CLEARLY didn't learn from the e3 demos last year that it is basically mandatory to have more than ONE FREAKIN' TV WITH THE GAME ON IT, especially with something with as big of a fanbase as Smash Bros. Even people in line were like "How many people did they think were going to show up? Five?"

Speaking of the line, the gentlemen behind me were some of the most entertaining individuals I've had the pleasure of meeting in my entire life...

...Anyway, on the 3DS version, I decided to do a VS. match. I chose Sonic, and set up two CPUs of Mario and Mega Man. I chose Reset Bomb Forest. I got used to the controls with Sandbag for a bit. They were actually really good IMO. I then started the match, and I ended up winning.

The 3D was amazing. The game also really did move at 60 frames per second, making this the smoothest 3DS game I have ever played. The graphics were fantastic as well... Better than Brawl's, IMO. The 3DS version's gameplay was about the same speed as Brawl.

In the Wii U version, I played as Mega Man. I played against 3 other people. They were playing as Bowser, Little Mac, and Little Mac respectively. We battled on the Mushroom Kingdom U stage. This was my first time playing as Mega Man, but I had already known what his moveset was from the Super Smash Bros. Direct from about a month or 2 ago. I ended up winning the match. I was slightly disappointed that I didn't get to use Mega Man's epic Final Smash, though. (I used Sonic's in the 3DS version, and it hasn't changed at all... Well, he shouts "Super Sonic!" instead of "Now I'll show you! Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrgha!" now, but that's about it.) The Wii U version's gameplay was faster than Brawl and the 3DS version, but wasn't as fast as Melee.

After the battle on the Wii U version, we were all given cool little stuff... Two pins, one with the SSB logo on it, the other saying "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U", some stickers with the same thing, and a Mario Kart 8 flag.

It was then a 3 hour ride back home...

...Well, that was my personal experience...

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Azooooz

Let's do something called Pic of the Day Expectation (PotDE), where you try to expect what would Sakurai post on Miiverse during weekdays. This would help intensify the hype and excitement for the game.

I expect that tomorrow Sakurai will show a 3DS screenshot that shows more about stage hazards.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

ZurrrrBlattTron

I expect something on Captain Falcon we haven't see a POTD dedicated to him yet even if it's just about the visual upgrade he got

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

The_Ninja

Luigi Mansion Dark Moon stage for 3DS. He wont explain everything though, just showcase it and some mysterious text so we can speculate. After that, I think a retro stage for Wii U. I think Fountain of Dreams, that would look great in HD. I doubt this will happen, though

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

NintendoFan64

Um...okay...I'm not going to say a character because those just sort of happen whenever. MAYBE a new stage...or an item. I'm guessing it's one of those two.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Sleepy_Icarus

Azooooz wrote:

Let's do something called Pic of the Day Expectation (PotDE), where you try to expect what would Sakurai post on Miiverse during weekdays. This would help intensify the hype and excitement for the game.

I expect that tomorrow Sakurai will show a 3DS screenshot that shows more about stage hazards.

He's gonna show us some more screenshots of the cat in the living room.

Sleepy_Icarus

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9220-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: StarrKnight

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic