Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 11,381 to 11,400 of 27,917

Joetherocker

Not saying this is true in the slightest, but that retro character is certainly the most interesting thing I've seen out of all the rumors thus far.

Edited on by Joetherocker

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

2Sang

Joetherocker wrote:

Not saying this is true in the slightest, but that retro character is certainly the most interesting thing I've seen out of all the rumors thus far.

That's fascinating honestly. I've NEVER heard of the mini game kangaroo. I doubt it's real especially considering galactica knight is in over dixie kong along with the highly unlikely return of snake at this point. That would make an incredible retro character though. I'd actually rank mini game kangaroo as one of my most requested characters now, even though I knew nothing about it until 10 minutes ago.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

Joetherocker wrote:

Wow. I've lived in Japan a long time and I've never heard of the mini-game kangaroo. If this rumor is true then Nintendo just bested themselves with the retro revival. Thats amazing.

And if that leak is fake that has to be the most creative leak ever.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Megatonwhale

Not saying I believe it; but Slippy Toad is a clone? Of who? Fox? I can't really imagine Slippy dashing around, pulling off gatling kicks and backflips

Megatonwhale

Twitter:

LzWinky

Hello, I am some anonymous guy who sends an e-mail to 4chan. Nintendo is totally gonna buy Sony and Microsoft and make a new system called the Nintendo Playbox. It's true because this is on the internet and its never wrong.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

UGXwolf

There's nothing believable about that "leak" but it's just so darn creative, I almost want it to be true. X3 Plus all the fan rage that would come from Slippy being playable. XD

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

FlaygletheBagel

Interesting "leak." It's definitely fun speculation, but I don't think it's even remotely close to what the actual roster will look like. The mini kangaroo would be a creative touch though.

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

2Sang

Unca_Lz wrote:

Hello, I am some anonymous guy who sends an e-mail to 4chan. Nintendo is totally gonna buy Sony and Microsoft and make a new system called the Nintendo Playbox. It's true because this is on the internet and its never wrong.

your dad works at nintendo too? What a coincidence it seems that almost everyone on the internet has a dad that works for smash bros.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

LzWinky

2Sang wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

your dad works at nintendo too? What a coincidence it seems that almost everyone on the internet has a dad that works for smash bros.

Nah, I work for the IRS and Nintendo totally sent me a copy of their game to pay for taxes. True story

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tsuchinoko

I want that kangaroo in the game now!

Tsuchinoko

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

The Kangaroo will join Smash and Namco will base his moves off of Roger Jr. from Tekken.
Untitled

It would be great if the mini-game kangaroo had his moves based on the old Nintendo toys. That would be the ultimate nod to the companys past. Did they have any references to the old toys or cards in the previous smash games? I image the farthest back the references went was G&W.

Tsuchinoko

Wow, nearly every POTD over the past week has been either new stages or assists. We just got a Paper Mario stage!

FlaygletheBagel

WOO! I've always wanted a Paper Mario stage; those are some of my favorite RPGs. I wish it were on the Wii U version instead, but hey, beggars can't be choosers!

@Tsuchinoko The quality of the POTD's lately makes me wonder if all of them will be major ones until the games are released. That would be awesome, and I don't doubt there's enough content in both games to do a major POTD every day until launch.

Edited on by FlaygletheBagel

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

The_Ninja

Love the look of this stage! Hope it doesn't have any sidescrolling sections.

And I'm probaly the only one who thinks this, but I like the stages on 3DS more so far.. Altough I do prefer Skyloft over Spirit Train, but Gerudo Valley beats both of them. I also like Reset Bomb Forest more than Palutena's Temple, and Arena Ferox more than Coliseum. But that's just me.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Tsuchinoko

The_Ninja wrote:

Love the look of this stage! Hope it doesn't have any sidescrolling sections.

And I'm probaly the only one who thinks this, but I like the stages on 3DS more so far.. Altough I do prefer Skyloft over Spirit Train, but Gerudo Valley beats both of them. I also like Reset Bomb Forest more than Palutena's Temple, and Arena Ferox more than Coliseum. But that's just me.

I'm happy. I don't have a wiiU, and no plans to get one. I love the 3ds stages so far. First day buy for me. Just a month and a half away.

I just hope they don't cut my Lucas (´・_・`)

Nintendo6400

Finally a paper Mario stage! I kinda hope it's on wii u too.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

TuVictus

The stage looks gorgeous! It's a shame we probably won't get a playable Paper Mario character, since they'd have some pretty unique moves, I imagine. Can't wait to see what Sakurai reveals leading up to the japanese release!

TuVictus

UGXwolf

@Operative Are you so sure? At this point, I'd say just about any character is really possible. I mean, obviously, within certain limitations, but Paper Mario as a playable character would be nice. Maybe they could even reveal him in a video next to a Rhythm Heaven character. Not saying it'll happen, but just imagine it.

On that note, what if there's only one more character reveal trailer, but Sakurai goes absolute ham on it and reveals like five veterans and three or four newcomers in the process? XD That'd be amazing!

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic