Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 11,361 to 11,380 of 27,917

DreamyViridi

At the end of the day, leaks are almost never solid. Which is why I typically ignore 'leaks' and 'rumours' until something's officially revealed. No news seems to be set in stone unless the officials say so.
If treating your hopes as if they're facts leads to unjustified disappointment, that's your own fault; and if there's something you don't like, make like Kirby and suck it up!

EDIT: I found some Hyper Japan footage of the Tourney I played if anyone's interested.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

SparkOfSpirit

As for new Zelda characters, am I the only one that wants characters who have been in more than one game to be playable? By that, I mean, unless the new character is Ganon (pig-wizard Ganon) or Vaati, I'm not interested. Zelda has had too many games and characters for me to pick characters that only appeared in one game to be series reps.

EDIT: Sure you can say Sheik if you want, but remember that Sheik started off as a transformation for Zelda.

Edited on by SparkOfSpirit

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

LzWinky

UGXwolf wrote:

The localization isn't the reason. The popularity is. Xenoblade was a big deal, as I recall, and finding a copy in the states is still nearly impossible. Shulk deserves a spot for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that a lot of people want him and very few seem to mind him.

And why was it hard to find? Perhaps some localization issues?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Haxonberik

On the wishing side, if Shulk is in I'd love it if his trailer also confirmed ROB, and after some other character (bonus awesome points if it's Ness) fails to beat it, Shulk and his monado come in (you know, since it's made to destroy robots and stuff)

www.convectiongames.com

Haxonberik

@UGXWolf due to the reluctance of Nintendo to risk releasing it in the US as a wide release, Gamestop was the only store with the game available, and if rumors are true they held back on printing new copies (or downright pretended not to while adding them as pre-owned) to inflate its price. IDK if it has gotten any better since last year when I bought it.

www.convectiongames.com

LzWinky

Haxonberik wrote:

@UGXWolf due to the reluctance of Nintendo to risk releasing it in the US as a wide release, Gamestop was the only store with the game available, and if rumors are true they held back on printing new copies (or downright pretended not to while adding them as pre-owned) to inflate its price. IDK if it has gotten any better since last year when I bought it.

On a side note, the whole "hold them back" nonsense was pure BS since they could just increase the price on the new versions. I'm not sure why making it pre-owned changed anything (aside from the fact you can return it for full price)

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I don't think Shulk is a no-brainer because that would imply a bunch of characters that won't be added are no-brainers. Japan probably doesn't care about Shulk's existence as much as the US does

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Haxonberik

@Unca_Lz Not that I necessarily believe the rumors, but I don't think they can just raise the price of the game because they had a monopoly if not because of legal issues at least because it's bad practice. And I'd rather not discuss the specific chances of some characters getting before others, I've seen far too many of these become fully fledged fanboy wars already.
PD: I kinda screwed last message's response name :s

www.convectiongames.com

LzWinky

Ridley confirmed! The appearance of Samus confirms it!!

TuVictus

Unca_Lz wrote:

Haxonberik wrote:

On a side note, the whole "hold them back" nonsense was pure BS since they could just increase the price on the new versions. I'm not sure why making it pre-owned changed anything (aside from the fact you can return it for full price)

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I don't think Shulk is a no-brainer because that would imply a bunch of characters that won't be added are no-brainers. Japan probably doesn't care about Shulk's existence as much as the US does

I'd honestly be surprised if the US cared more about Shulk than Japan does. After all, they were gonna keep the game there precisely because they figured it'd only be popular in japan

TuVictus

ZurrrrBlattTron

All this debating and Sakurai barely puts any thought into these characters besides how they could work I think any Nintendo character has a good chance at this point.. there are some possibilities I would hate (ex. Takutrashu,Diddy in Drag) but they're all possible if Wii Fit Trainer is in anybody could get in relevant or not

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

LzWinky

I couldn't really care less if Shulk is in or not. I just thought Xenoblade is a grossly overrated game in general. His inclusion does not seem like a no-brainer to me

DefHalan

I know a lot of people will be against this but whatif we got another Samus? Fusion Suit Samus. With Freeze Rockets, Wave Beam, and some other Fusion abilities (doesn't have to be exclusive to Fusion) I am not saying this will happen (and could possibly be made through the custom characters) but I wouldn't mind the idea lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MrWalkieTalkie

Haxonberik wrote:

On the wishing side, if Shulk is in I'd love it if his trailer also confirmed ROB, and after some other character (bonus awesome points if it's Ness) fails to beat it, Shulk and his monado come in (you know, since it's made to destroy robots and stuff)

Why is that the only idea people get for trailer ideas these days? Ever since the Robin & Lucina trailer it seems that's all people can think of.

"[character A] is being attacked by [character B] and then suddenly [character C] shows up to help."

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Haxonberik

@MrWalkieTalkie I had actually thought about it before the Robin trailer aired
I guess it's simply that some characters won't realistically be shown doing anything but fighting. A trailer for a Rhythm Heaven rep could easily be one of the most unique and entertaining though.

www.convectiongames.com

2Sang

DefHalan wrote:

I know a lot of people will be against this but whatif we got another Samus? Fusion Suit Samus. With Freeze Rockets, Wave Beam, and some other Fusion abilities (doesn't have to be exclusive to Fusion) I am not saying this will happen (and could possibly be made through the custom characters) but I wouldn't mind the idea lol

For custom moves, sure sounds cool. For a character slot, NEVER (unless it's like lucina where it takes no extra effort)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Haxonberik

The bundle option is definitely there, but it could easily be just a Best Buy thing to entice players to buy both from them. It definitely seems weird given they'll come at different dates.

www.convectiongames.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic