Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 11,341 to 11,360 of 27,917

MrWalkieTalkie

I still have some faith in Shulk. Mainly because of the Monolith Soft retweet of the upcoming character reveal. While it wasn't a reveal for Shulk (It was for Lucin & Robin) I believe they retweeted it because Monolith Soft always retweets tweets from Nintendo so long as they're involved in some way, so I think that means they are involved in Smash and were just retweeting the Fire Emblem character reveal to show support for a project they're involved in.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Kewlan

I did not think Pac man would fit well as a character, but Sakurai proved me wrong. He can do the same thing about Marshal to you.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

LzWinky

Kewlan wrote:

I did not think Pac man would fit well as a character, but Sakurai proved me wrong. He can do the same thing about Marshal to you.

Pac Man is a major gaming icon made by the company who is helping Sakurai make this game. The chorus boys don't have any of that

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Joetherocker

I think there'll be a Rhythm Heaven character because of the Smash Run enemy and because I think Gematsu was working off of at least /some/ accurate (But outdated) information, but whether or not it's Chorus Men is up in the air. It could be the Wrestler or Karate Joe for all we know.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

Nintendo6400

Brawl had an animal crossing and a hanenbow stage, but we didnt get any characters from those series.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

LzWinky

Joetherocker wrote:

I think there'll be a Rhythm Heaven character because of the Smash Run enemy and because I think Gematsu was working off of at least /some/ accurate (But outdated) information, but whether or not it's Chorus Men is up in the air. It could be the Wrestler or Karate Joe for all we know.

I think Gematsu was just a good guess and nothing more

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

IceClimbers

The only thing we really have left that we could potentially go off of at this point is the Trophy Quiz Theory. That one holds up at the moment, but the ones that have been confirmed aren't really proof as they were expected anyway. We'll need a Skyward Sword newcomer (Ghirahim or Impa) or some Metroid newcomer (Ridley) for it to be really believable.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Kewlan

Unca_Lz wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

Pac Man is a major gaming icon made by the company who is helping Sakurai make this game. The chorus boys don't have any of that

I thought you were speaking of him as a fighter, as in moveset. But alright.

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Nintendo6400

[/quote]

This

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Kewlan

Hopefully it's a VERY good guess and we'll get Marshal and Shulk

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

UGXwolf

I'm just laughing at the prospect that there has to be something pointing to the character for them to be in. Shulk would fit in the game just fine and his series is actually popular enough for them to localize it when they'd had no plans to do so. Not to mention there's a new Xenoblade on the way and Sakurai certainly appears to like his JRPGs. I don't think Shulk is really such a far fetched character.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

2Sang

Nintendo6400 wrote:

This

[/quote]

I think there's a possibility that a janitor or secretary or something overheard or oversaw a few seconds in the early part of development. Definitely could have been a good guesser though.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Haxonberik

I think gematsu's characters are getting a very unfair treatment right now just because Chrom didn't make it. Sakurai already said he was a planned character but didn't work at the end, so the leak could still be real and based on outdated information. Just look at how fast this pipe leak took to be disproved and compare it to gematsu's. And even if it has no insider information and they're just really good guesses, then they're that, REALLY good guesses based most likely on better things than mostly everyone on the internet. That said, Shulk seems like a no-brainer to me, especially if you consider the preference to new characters in the newcomer roster, and a Rhythm Heaven rep is definitely not out of the question either considering the ongoing series' popularity in Japan and the sneaky spirit smash run enemy.

www.convectiongames.com

IceClimbers

I think most people's points are that the Gematsu leak isn't reliable going forward. Shulk and some sort of Rhythm Heaven rep are still possible and not deconfirmed by Gematsu being debunked. For whatever reason, a lot of people thought that the Gematsu characters were the only newcomers. Gematsu being debunked puts us back in the dark so now we don't know what to expect. People are probably against Shulk and Chorus Men because they were part of Gematsu and they don't want to put credence into a debunked leak, as they feel it hurts the chances of the character they want getting in (even though it doesn't).

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

LzWinky

On the opposite end, people seem to think that Shulk is a no brainer because he was part of a controversial localization

Azooooz

I just saw PotD comments, and boy some people there aren't pleased with it. I didn't know there are Takamaru's fan out there.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

LzWinky

Azooooz wrote:

I just saw PotD comments, and boy some people there aren't pleased with it. I didn't know there are Takamaru's fan out there.

Or they just want to whine. It happens far too often

UGXwolf

The localization isn't the reason. The popularity is. Xenoblade was a big deal, as I recall, and finding a copy in the states is still nearly impossible. Shulk deserves a spot for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that a lot of people want him and very few seem to mind him.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Haxonberik

Yeah, troublesome localization is definitely not a plus point, but the fact that its (spiritual) sequel won't have any of those problems points in the right direction. I just really want a rep from the game I've paid the most in my life to own, hahaha. And the "Takamaru in Smash" just gained force a couple of days ago with the VC announcement and new "leak." The internet is just ridiculous sometimes

Edited on by Haxonberik

www.convectiongames.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic