Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 11,221 to 11,240 of 27,917

Yoshi

Tsuchinoko wrote:

brewsky wrote:

"Taking time to make the game better" = DELAY CONFIRMED.

Haha, well, I didn't get that from the context of the tweet, but if that eventually happens I wouldn't mind, as long as the game is the best game possible. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Its fairly close to release. Have games ever been delayed this close to release before. That would be interesting. I know it happens with movies all the time.

Rayman Legends was delayed less than three weeks before release, but the game was finished. Ubisoft decided to screw Nintendo instead of Microsoft.

I don't see Smash being delayed. The game looks complete, and they can hammer out the remaining bugs in the last few weeks or so.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

DefHalan

brewsky wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Haha, well, I didn't get that from the context of the tweet, but if that eventually happens I wouldn't mind, as long as the game is the best game possible. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Its fairly close to release. Have games ever been delayed this close to release before. That would be interesting. I know it happens with movies all the time.

Rayman Legends was delayed less than three weeks before release, but the game was finished. Ubisoft decided to screw Nintendo instead of Microsoft.

I don't see Smash being delayed. The game looks complete, and they can hammer out the remaining bugs in the last few weeks or so.

I really don't think Smash will be delayed, about a month and a half before it comes out in Japan. Unless you are talking about the Wii U version but that doesn't have a solid date for it yet and I don't think it will be delayed past Holiday 2014 as that is a very important game for the Wii U this year. There might be a day 1 patch for the Wii U version but that is all I think will hapen

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

2Sang

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Sorry, its like 2 in the morning and I'm hanging out with my friend. I didn't see this tweet.

Edit. I saw it. Basically he said that right now there are places around the world (comic con? That recent london event?) where this game is being played and tested. This version is the same as what was at e3. Right now they are taking time to make the game better.

I'm guessing he means internal testing and feedback, but they are working on the game still.

Thanks

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

brewsky wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Microsoft has a policy where a game can't come out on other systems before theirs if it's a multi platform release so Ubisoft didn't have a choice if they wanted to go multi plat. Completely different situation.

Tsuchinoko

brewsky wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Less than three weeks. That's intense. I have faith in this team though. They've really delivered so far. Like I said before, I just want them to deliver the best game and don't rush it. I love Monster Hunter 4, but man that game needed a bit more time in the oven.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Yoshi

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Microsoft has a policy where a game can't come out on other systems before theirs if it's a multi platform release so Ubisoft didn't have a choice if they wanted to go multi plat. Completely different situation.

"Ubisoft decided to screw Nintendo instead of Microsoft."

Rayman Legends was originally a Wii U exclusive before becoming multi-plat. But a perk was that the Wii U version came out first before Microsoft was an *** about it.

Ubisoft had complete control. They could've told Microsoft that the Wii U version was coming no matter what. Let Microsoft deal with the riot. They most certainly would've backed down. Instead they let Microsoft control the game and let everything go their way.

Way to treat a game for Wii U that was originally an exclusive....

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

DefHalan

Tsuchinoko wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Less than three weeks. That's intense. I have faith in this team though. They've really delivered so far. Like I said before, I just want them to deliver the best game and don't rush it. I love Monster Hunter 4, but man that game needed a bit more time in the oven.

there was this PS3 game called Haze, my friend really wanted it. That game was delayed an extra 6 months only 10 hours before its release...

Tsuchinoko

DefHalan wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

brewsky wrote:

there was this PS3 game called Haze, my friend really wanted it. That game was delayed an extra 6 months only 10 hours before its release...

That has to be a record. Just looked it up. That game is still know for being very glitchy.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

SomeBitTripFan

@brewsky: Ubisoft did not find releasing Rayman Legends as a Wii U exclusive to be a profitable decision for the company. Losing an entire platform to distribute the game through would have had a fairly significant effect on the game's sales. Are Microsoft's policies right, absolutely not, but Ubisoft had to do what would benefit the company. "Standing up" to Microsoft would not have done Ubisoft any good. The 360 wasn't going to suddenly become an undesired console if it lacked one platformer, it was already a profitable console. Ubisoft would have lost more than 80 million potential customers. Anyway, is this still the Smash thread?

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Nintendo_Ninja

I see the 3DS version getting delayed, because they wanted to push it out before the console version. As long as both versions make it this holiday season, I'll be happy.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Nintendo_Ninja

DefHalan wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

brewsky wrote:

It's one thing to choke and realize a game needs finishing, and it's another to screw over fans. This is screwing fans.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

DBPirate

In a GameXplain interview at E3 2014 with a Nintendo worker (not sure who it was), the worker clarified that Smash Bros. will not get delayed (he was talking about both versions).

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

Joeynator3000

Well this is Sakurai we're talking about, I think the game was already delayed anyways. Wasn't the 3DS version originally a Spring release? Anyways, Sakurai delays his games all the time, you know him. The 3DS version seems to be set in stone though.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Nintendo6400

Yea I agree. The biggest reason I think brawl was delayed so many times was because of the subspace emissary.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Prof_Clayton

Nintendo knows how important Smash this hoiday season will be... they wouldn't delay it unless it was unplayable, which it already is.
Day 1 patches also exist~

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

Kewlan

Why not make it day 1 DLC? For only 19.99€ extra, you can get the full version with wave dashing and z-targeting!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

The_Ninja

Kewlan wrote:

Why not make it day 1 DLC? For only 19.99€ extra, you can get the full version with wave dashing and z-targeting!

I doubt wavedashing is back. It was a exploit in Melee. And isn't Z Targeting from Zelda?

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

8BitSamurai

Kewlan wrote:

You're on the right track, but you're not quite there. It should be at least 200, and should be limited to 200 downloads a week.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

DefHalan

Wave Dashing is a glitch the professional players used. It wasn't supposed to be in the game. I find that most professional circuits (except maybe MOBAs and RTSs) rely on glitches too often. Professionals often point to "mastering" these glitches as the key to playing these games.

Jazzer94

DefHalan wrote:

Wave Dashing is a glitch the professional players used. It wasn't supposed to be in the game. I find that most professional circuits (except maybe MOBAs and RTSs) rely on glitches too often. Professionals often point to "mastering" these glitches as the key to playing these games.

Actually Sakurai knew about wavedashing and left it in so although originally a not intended they allowed it to be in the game so not completely true.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic