Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 11,201 to 11,220 of 27,917

Yoshi

^^ It sounds great, but it also sounds like some instruments are muted. How was this recorded?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Kewlan

Wait... was that all of SDCC? Was there no Sakurai after all?! D:

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Datasun_7

So what's everyone's opinions on what we have seen so far? So gameplay, graphics, characters, stages, items, etc?

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Captain_Toad

Datasun_7 wrote:

So what's everyone's opinions on what we have seen so far? So gameplay, graphics, characters, stages, items, etc?

Everything looks better than I expected. Sakurai and Namco whatever you're doing keep doing it!

Currently my favorite stage is the Pilotwings.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

CaviarMeths

Nintendo6400 wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

I hope both Greninja and Villager are starters, so I can try em out immediately. IM SO HYPED!!

What part of that reddit or tweet says development is complete?

Reading through the comments, it seems like the OP mistranslated and what Sakurai actually said was something along the lines of E3 was a demo and the final version will be more polished. He doesn't seem to specifically indicate that the version of Smash playable at the Corotour is the final version.

Quoting from the reddit thread:

ZaHero86 wrote:

ZaHero86 wrote:

defearl wrote:

CrogenitorMario wrote:

defearl wrote:

ZaHero86 wrote:

"Now, all over the world people have been testing the build from E3. This is the commercial version, which we have polished"

That tweet doesn't really say "THIS" is the commercial version. It just says the final version [will be] better than the demo, so he doesn't explicitly say the one being showcased at the event is that final version. To me, his message is "Whatever you see or experience at the event, don't worry if there're things you don't like because we're making it better"

Half the translations I saw mention it is the final version.

The other half say it isn't.

I would think if he's really telling the world that the version at the event is final, he would say it straight, like 「今回配置される試遊台は製品版と同じものです。」

Again, his tweets are just saying (and reassuring) that final version will be better than what has been shown.

I'm going to agree with u/defearl here, Sakurai would have been more direct if the version on th Corotour was going to be updated

Yea, looking back at it.. I don't think it even says that the game is complete, does he?

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Nintendo6400

Ya that's what I thought. The 3ds version doesn't come out until September 13th in japan. That's 47 days until release and there's no way anyone would finish development that early. I'd expect the game to be done at least 20 days until release if anything.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Nintendo_Ninja

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Ya that's what I thought. The 3ds version doesn't come out until September 13th in japan. That's 47 days until release and there's no way anyone would finish development that early. I'd expect the game to be done at least 20 days until release if anything.

Unless there is a delay though...

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

The_Ninja

So we'll still get the starting roster, right? Too bad we wont get to see the final build though.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

LzWinky

The_Ninja wrote:

Yea, but we'll still get the starting roster. Too bad we wont get to see the final build though.

I think we already saw the final build. By next month Sakurai and his team should be debugging the game. I don't really expect that many differences in the final game

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

2Sang

I'm so confused about that tweet. What is it trying to say?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

The_Ninja

2Sang wrote:

I think he's just saying that at CoroTour, there will be a demo, but it wont be the final product or something. We really need a native Japanese speaker here.

The_Ninja

2Sang

The_Ninja wrote:

2Sang wrote:

I think he's just saying that at CoroTour, there will be a demo, but it wont be the final product or something. We really need a native Japanese speaker here.

Doesn't tschusinoko speak japanese fluently?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea

The_Ninja

2Sang wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Doesn't tschusinoko speak japanese fluently?

Yep, I think so.

The_Ninja

2Sang

Sorry for butchering your name dude. I like his avatar though and hope duster can be an assist trophy.

Tsuchinoko

Sorry, its like 2 in the morning and I'm hanging out with my friend. I didn't see this tweet.

Edit. I saw it. Basically he said that right now there are places around the world (comic con? That recent london event?) where this game is being played and tested. This version is the same as what was at e3. Right now they are taking time to make the game better.

I'm guessing he means internal testing and feedback, but they are working on the game still.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Yoshi

"Taking time to make the game better" = DELAY CONFIRMED.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Tsuchinoko

brewsky wrote:

"Taking time to make the game better" = DELAY CONFIRMED.

Haha, well, I didn't get that from the context of the tweet, but if that eventually happens I wouldn't mind, as long as the game is the best game possible. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Its fairly close to release. Have games ever been delayed this close to release before. That would be interesting. I know it happens with movies all the time.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic