Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 27,917

GamecubeMan

Emaan wrote:

I seriously doubt Captain Falcon would be cut.

But his move "falcon punch" is legendary! :0 Also I bet Meta Knight and Snake are getting the boot.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

FireMario887

GamecubeLad wrote:

Emaan wrote:

I seriously doubt Captain Falcon would be cut.

But his move "falcon punch" is legendary! :0 Also I bet Meta Knight and Snake are getting the boot.

I think that Captain Falcon is tough, but he his too slow without his vehicle. It must be cramps after sitting so long. I didn't like Snake, he was tough, but I am more of a fan of the close-combat, fast moves. Meta Knight was pretty good, he should make it to U and 3DS.

FireMario887

CowLaunch

What I really want for both versions is... to be able to draw the background of your own stages in Stage Builder. It would be so simple to include, but would completely change the mode.

CowLaunch

FireMario887

CowLaunch wrote:

What I really want for both versions is... to be able to draw the background of your own stages in Stage Builder. It would be so simple to include, but would completely change the mode.

Now that is a great idea. Draw with the stylus? AWESOME! Though I doubt it will happen...

FireMario887

Snagrio

WaveBoy wrote:

So is anybody rooting for Starfy? Hopefully they squeeze him in the roster! They also need to ditch Snake, Lucas, Roy, Wolf and maybe Toon Link....Time to make some more room for quality characters rather than uneeded clones.

Untitled

Um, Roy wasn't even in Brawl... Unless you mean Ike, who compared to Roy isn't clone-like to Marth whatsoever save for one special move (Counter).

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

e-love

As long as Ness stays, I'll be fine parting with Lucas

Others I'd see being cut:

-Ike (will be replaced by Chrom)
-Wolf
-Snake
-Sonic (though he has a solid chance of staying)
-Pokemon Trainer
-Lucario (will be replaced by new Pokemon)
-Toon Link

I just don't see the point of the clone characters. Though I absolutely loved playing as Toon Link in Brawl, if someone had to be cut, unfortunately he'd be included. Luigi is probably the only semi-clone character that I'm okay with, only because he's very important and well known to Nintendo. They just have to differ him from Mario a little more and it'll be good (they took great strides to do that with Brawl which I'm happy with).

I really hope at least some of the Brawl newcomers stick around. I particularly enjoyed Wario, Diddy Kong, Olimar and King Dedede.
(Didn't mention Pit because he's already shown to be in the game)

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

ThePirateCaptain

I really hope they don't cut Lucas from the roster, I actually prefer him over Ness by a long shot. The only character i'd hate to see be cut is Mr. Game & Watch, otherwise known as the only character i'm good with.

I wouldn't mind seeing some characters go though:
Ice Climbers
Falco/Wolf
Snake
Toon Link
Lucario
Ike
R.O.B.
Pokemon Trainer

I do like Toon Link and Lucario, but Toon Link is pretty unnecessary and Lucario will probably be replaced with a new version of Mew.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

ToadFan

WaveBoy wrote:

So is anybody rooting for Starfy? Hopefully they squeeze him in the roster! They also need to ditch Snake, Lucas, Roy, Wolf and maybe Toon Link....Time to make some more room for quality characters rather than uneeded clones.

Untitled

I loved that game! I actually think he may be in SSB4 because of him and starly being assist trophies in Brawl.

ToadFan

K964

My wish is that they take advantage of DLC to add all the characters they cut, with maybe even a few as skins like Pichu and Dr. Mario. Considering they didn't do this for Brawl, I doubt they'll do it here.

Edited on by K964

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all...

Tsuchinoko

As a huge Lucas fan (and fan of Mother 3), its sad to see so many people listing him as a clone. I feel he plays very differently in brawl than Ness.

Other than Zelda, I think he was my favorite character in the game. Though I had a blast playing as him, the reason I would see him being cut is not because of him being a close (or being from the same series as Ness), but because his game is getting more and more obscure. A lot of the music from his stage was really epic I thought.

Oh well, if they keep Mr. Game and Watch and Zelda I'll be happy. Though I loved Toon Link too. I personally think it would be strange if they cut Toon Link though, since we have the Wind Waker HD coming out. Spirit Tracks Link and Wind Waker Link are different people I thought, but oh well.

BTW, I'm all for DLC if they cut some of my favorite characters.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Orngeblu

ToadFan wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Untitled

I loved that game! I actually think he may be in SSB4 because of him and starly being assist trophies in Brawl.

I doubt he'll make it and I would not like him as a character.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

zoroarkrules25

Tsuchinoko wrote:

As a huge Lucas fan (and fan of Mother 3), its sad to see so many people listing him as a clone. I feel he plays very differently in brawl than Ness.

Other than Zelda, I think he was my favorite character in the game. Though I had a blast playing as him, the reason I would see him being cut is not because of him being a close (or being from the same series as Ness), but because his game is getting more and more obscure. A lot of the music from his stage was really epic I thought.

Oh well, if they keep Mr. Game and Watch and Zelda I'll be happy. Though I loved Toon Link too. I personally think it would be strange if they cut Toon Link though, since we have the Wind Waker HD coming out. Spirit Tracks Link and Wind Waker Link are different people I thought, but oh well.

BTW, I'm all for DLC if they cut some of my favorite characters.

I agree on DLC for cut characters that is free. I also hope they add new characters for a small price.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

BandG

Metaknight has almost no chance of being cut since he has a huge following (not me) and Sakurai created Kirby (and therefore Metaknight) and Sakurai makes Smash Bros.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

e-love

@Tsuchinoko

I don't look at Lucas as a clone. I look at him as a secondary representative of his franchise, which I think the secondary characters are in most danger of being cut.

I want the Ice Climbers to stay. Any Melee veterans deserve to stay in my opinion.

Although it does seem weird having them in the game with their franchise being so sparse. Then again, the same could be said these days of Fox and Captain Falcon. They aren't going anywhere though, luckily.

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Snagrio

K964 wrote:

My wish is that they take advantage of DLC to add all the characters they cut, with maybe even a few as skins like Pichu and Dr. Mario. Considering they didn't do this for Brawl, I doubt they'll do it here.

I have a feeling this will happen, since when the game comes out some of the cut characters will be wanted back. Probably won't be for a while after the initial release, but at least we know that it's possible for extra characters to be added down the road.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

FireMario887

No! Not Sonic, he's good. It may be a sad truth.... LOL, it's fine of he goes away though he is one my favorites.

FireMario887

Tsuchinoko

3DS Fire Emblem stage? I'm thinking Krohm will be announced eventually.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic