Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 10,841 to 10,860 of 27,917

MonocledMetroid

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

The character became popular thanks to the anime. And its physical appearance probably helped a lot.

Sakurai probably saw Jigglypuff and thought "hey it looks like Kirby!" And that was most likely all what was needed.

The name is pretty random though, I'd like to think its a reference to desserts.

Well, the Japanese name is Purin, which means pudding, even though they usually use it to refer to flan. The jelly like monsters in the Final fantasy games are also called Purin in Japanese, but Flan in English releases, so...Jigglypuff? Is pudding a trademark term in certain countries?

The whole flan thing is probably due to the space limitations of the NES and SNES(like how the prince of Damcyan in Final Fantasy IV was renamed Edward in the English release because there wasn't enough spaces for Gilbart), and most likely just carried over to later releases for the sake of tradition. Although, I believe there's at least one variant of those enemies called pudding in Final Fantasy IV Advance.

MonocledMetroid

DefHalan

SockoMario wrote:

I rarely watch footage of the 3DS version. Mainly because I'm more interested in it's console counterpart, and the fact that I'm getting the 3DS version day one, I don't want too many spoilers for it. However, I recently watch footage of the 3DS version, and I'm going to be completely honest here; it looks very boring. And what I mean by boring, is the gameplay and artstyle. It just all looks bland and not very fun. I wanted to fall asleep while watching the footage, to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still buying it, it's just that it seems bland and boring. But I really need to play the game for myself to see.

I am with you, the 3DS one is bland. I found it hard to keep and eye on my character when I played it at E3, felt like Greninja kept blending in with the background. I am still getting it day one. Hoping the optional character boarders make it easier to see (going to turn those on MAX)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Tsuchinoko

DefHalan wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

I rarely watch footage of the 3DS version. Mainly because I'm more interested in it's console counterpart, and the fact that I'm getting the 3DS version day one, I don't want too many spoilers for it. However, I recently watch footage of the 3DS version, and I'm going to be completely honest here; it looks very boring. And what I mean by boring, is the gameplay and artstyle. It just all looks bland and not very fun. I wanted to fall asleep while watching the footage, to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still buying it, it's just that it seems bland and boring. But I really need to play the game for myself to see.

I am with you, the 3DS one is bland. I found it hard to keep and eye on my character when I played it at E3, felt like Greninja kept blending in with the background. I am still getting it day one. Hoping the optional character boarders make it easier to see (going to turn those on MAX)

I was always under the assumption that on the 3ds version it zooms in on the players character on their individual screen

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

2Sang

They better fix the yellow devil issue. It's such a nice stage,but the fact that there's no way to avoid him is a pain. it was the only stage I played on that was bad.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

The_Ninja

I'm always watching footage of it and love the artstyle and it seems so awesome. I don't get how you fall asleep while watching it. It looks better than Brawl and Melee IMO.

Does this look bland to you? Also, The Song of Time plays to fix the bridge.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

DefHalan

Tsuchinoko wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

I was always under the assumption that on the 3ds version it zooms in on the players character on their individual screen

That wasn't happening at E3, maybe there is an option for it which wasn't available. Not sure if I would use the option even if it was there

Nintendo6400

2Sang wrote:

They better fix the yellow devil issue. It's such a nice stage,but the fact that there's no way to avoid him is a pain. it was the only stage I played on that was bad.

I'm pretty sure the reason why the yellow devil appeared so frequently is because Sakurai wanted people to experience the boss. I bet in the final version of the game the yellow devil will act similar to the dragoon item. Meaning he may or may not appear every time you play at the stage.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

The_Ninja

I do hope there is an option to turn bosses off. I'm OK with the Gerudo Valley hazard though. The stage looks awesome on both versions, and sure the Yellow Devil is fun at some timss, but when he appears too much, it's just annoying.

The_Ninja

MrWalkieTalkie

Back when Sakurai was explaining the differences between Marth & Lucina, he said:

"With the Wii Fit Trainers, the male and female Robins, the Villagers, and Little Mac, varying their appearances and voices works just like selecting alternate color variations. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Lucina individually."

And with that, he pretty much says that 2 completely different looking characters could be paired under the same slot if their moves are both exactly the same.

So that got me thinking, what if Sin & Punishment could have 2 reps that would count as 1: Isa Jo & Kachi from Sin & Punishment Star Successor.
Untitled Untitled

They play exactly the same back in their game, so why not include both of them under the same slot that would read as "Isa Jo & Kachi" and you pick either one as you would a normal color swap.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

UGXwolf

What always annoyed me with the Yellow Devil was that no one ever seemed to even try killing it. So it becomes no different from a stage hazard.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

What always annoyed me with the Yellow Devil was that no one ever seemed to even try killing it. So it becomes no different from a stage hazard.

I remember 1 match I tried to focus on the Yellow Devil but it ended up wasting two of my lives and he left before I could kill it. That eye was way too hard to hit ib my opinion

Nintendo_Ninja

Sin and Punishment doesn't deserve 2 reps. It deserves 1 at most.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Nintendo_Ninja

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I remember 1 match I tried to focus on the Yellow Devil but it ended up wasting two of my lives and he left before I could kill it. That eye was way too hard to hit ib my opinion

It should be larger.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

MrWalkieTalkie

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

Sin and Punishment doesn't deserve 2 reps. It deserves 1 at most.

That's what I'm saying. They're 2 characters who would technically count 1 because they'll both share the same slot on the roster because they would play exactly the same.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

JunkosBoobies

DestinyMan wrote:

Also, the 3DS version is absolutely not going to be bland. The stages for that game so far look incredible, and don't forget about Smash Run!

You stole the words right out of my mouth. People should stop talking **** about the 3DS Version. It's getting far too annoying. -_-

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Nintendo6400

I guess ubi goy upset when they saw that Nintendo molded there original pic.

PS. I agree, people should stop talking Trash about the 3ds version. Plus I'm losing my bricks over the excitement for smash run!

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

The_Ninja

You guys took the words out my mouth. I'm so hyped for the SDCC tournament, even though I won't attend. I'm just happy I got more Smash footage to hold me over until October. Hope there'll be a sort of mini tournament online hosted by NL. Wonder if we'll get something similar to community codes in MK7.

The_Ninja

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic