Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 10,801 to 10,820 of 27,917

IceClimbers

Not interested in Hardline at all, but EA delaying a game caught me by surprise.

Also that girl got "Link" right?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

2Sang

So what do you think the "surprises" are going to be at comicon? New characters? Veterans? Gameplay modes? Wii U release date? Something else?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Twiglingen

2Sang wrote:

So what do you think the "surprises" are going to be at comicon? New characters? Veterans? Gameplay modes? Wii U release date? Something else?

They reveal that they have genetically created a real Captain Falcon to help save the world by falcon punching all evildoers.

Perhaps I shouldn't joke in every post but that one was too good imo to pass up. I think we may get some veterans or a newcomer and some stages but they'll hold the Wii U release date for a Direct, perhaps until after the 3ds launches to not steal any of its thunder.

Working on the profile pic. Trying to find a good one for me.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9841-0384

MrWalkieTalkie

2Sang wrote:

I think they're gonna either show a trailer revealing a veteran & a newcomer or show off an exclusive game mode for Wii U.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Yoshi

Twiglingen wrote:

...but they'll hold the Wii U release date for a Direct, perhaps until after the 3ds launches to not steal any of its thunder.

You know, we haven't had a full Direct since February. All the others we've had only focused on a single game. I wonder when the next one is.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Ketchupcat

Untitled
Muddy Mole for Smash! Sure, he was only in one game a while ago. But so were Ice Climbers! And he has moveset potential, such as kicking balls (no, not like THAT), burrowing underground, and creating holes for other fighters to get stuck in, like a Pitfall.

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

Eel

We are certainly missing the "completely random character from that super old game", the last two games had two of those each if I remember correctly. (Mr G&W + Ice Climbers and ROB + Pit)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

IceClimbers

Probably a veteran or two. Not expecting any newcomers since we just got Robin and Lucina, but I could be very wrong.

Twiglingen

brewsky wrote:

Twiglingen wrote:

...but they'll hold the Wii U release date for a Direct, perhaps until after the 3ds launches to not steal any of its thunder.

You know, we haven't had a full Direct since February. All the others we've had only focused on a single game. I wonder when the next one is.

I imagine at least October to tell more about the Wii U smash and more about the E3, 2015 games coming out early in the year. We could get one in August about the 3ds smash as well but who knows other than them at this point.

Working on the profile pic. Trying to find a good one for me.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9841-0384

Nintendo6400

Newcomers that I think have a chance of making smash 4.
Bowser Jr, paper mario, Isaac, Dixie kong, king k. Rool, black shadow, shulk, chibi robo, hades, and Ghirahim.
Odds are not even half of these characters are going to make it, but it sure is fun making a wishlist!

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Tsuchinoko

Just wondering, in the English version of Awakening is Lucina said with a k sound? I would have thought they'd spell it as Lukina but I guess using a c is more in line with European languages and western names, at least in the style of English and French. I don't know where Robin came from, but I guess it is gender neutral. Much better than what Capcom does with the monster names in Monster Hunter.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

IceClimbers

If they do announce a newcomer at Comic-Con, I hope it's a villain. Too little villains so far. K Rool, Ridley, or Hades please. Also, anyone know what time Nintendo's Twitch stream starts?

Yoshi

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Just wondering, in the English version of Awakening is Lucina said with a k sound? I would have thought they'd spell it as Lukina but I guess using a c is more in line with European languages and western names, at least in the style of English and French. I don't know where Robin came from, but I guess it is gender neutral. Much better than what Capcom does with the monster names in Monster Hunter.

Lucina is pronounced the same as it reads. Lu-ci-na (Lu-SEE-Nuh).

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Smash_kirby

Has anyone else noticed someone demanding Classic link in Miiverse post replies, is that trolling or something more deluded. It always confuses me.

Smash_kirby

MrWalkieTalkie

Smash_kirby wrote:

Has anyone else noticed someone demanding Classic link in Miiverse post replies, is that trolling or something more deluded. It always confuses me.

Yeah, I noticed those. Everyday this guy makes a comment on the Pic of the day begging Sakurai to add Classic Link & Goemon to Smash because their in the "official" Smash Bros. Wiki

MrWalkieTalkie

Morphbug wrote:

We are certainly missing the "completely random character from that super old game", the last two games had two of those each if I remember correctly. (Mr G&W + Ice Climbers and ROB + Pit)

I'm hoping for Excitebike Rider. He would be very unique by fighting entirely while on a bike. The Excite series feels long over do for some bigger recognition. They even had 3 games back on the Wii! (ExciteTruck, ExciteBots, ExciteBike World Rally)

That or I think it'd be pretty funny to see Urban Champion join the battle.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

Tsuchinoko

brewsky wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Lucina is pronounced the same as it reads. Lu-ci-na (Lu-SEE-Nuh).

So it is different. Anyway for multilingual people or for people whose native language is different, the way its spelled out wouldn't reveal a words pronunciation, especially with a non-phonetic language.

I've been saying it with a k sound so long I don't think I can change.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

IceClimbers

Reminds me of Arceus' pronunciation. I always pronounced it Arse-ee-us, but the official pronunciation is ARK-ee-us. The former is used in Battle Revolution though. Both are pretty much considered correct now

2Sang

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

I'm hoping for Excitebike Rider. He would be very unique by fighting entirely while on a bike. The Excite series feels long over do for some bigger recognition. They even had 3 games back on the Wii! (ExciteTruck, ExciteBots, ExciteBike World Rally)

That or I think it'd be pretty funny to see Urban Champion join the battle.

I'm still thinking balloon fighter as the most likely of the nes/gb era because of the stage and the balloon icon. Also, he was planned for melee and considered for brawl.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic