Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 27,917

Happy_Mask

SCAR392 wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Ah...coolz, yeah would love to have Bomberman....didn't care for Snake all that much.
Now Sega just needs to find a way to replace Sonic with a character with "man" in his name. xD

Eggman... nah... Bomberman would be awesome. A rep for Sega, Konami/Hudson, Capcom, and Namco. Those were arguably the most influential 3rd parties that had games on Nintendo systems.

EDIT: Oh ya, and Maxwell for WB, but that's basically it, IMO. I can't really think of any other 3rd parties that have been as influential on Nintendo as these.

Square? In the SNES era, they were wicked influential.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Joeynator3000

http://www.ign.com/wikis/super-smash-bros-next/Daily_Updates
Pretty much shows you how much IGN really cares about Nintendo and their games. (picture captions...>.>)
EDIT: Never mind, guess they fixed it right when I posted this, lol

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

e-love

So let's discuss the recent news regarding the character roster

Who does everyone think could be cut?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

supered91

i can see captain falcon,and the ice climbers being cut

supered91

e-love

I seriously doubt Captain Falcon would be cut.
Ice Climbers maybe but they've been around since Melee.

I think the most likely to not make it are within the new-to-Brawl crowd.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

supered91

sonic could get cut just because they have a partnership doesen't mean they get sonic in their game

supered91

SCRAPPER392

Happy_Mask wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Ah...coolz, yeah would love to have Bomberman....didn't care for Snake all that much.
Now Sega just needs to find a way to replace Sonic with a character with "man" in his name. xD

Eggman... nah... Bomberman would be awesome. A rep for Sega, Konami/Hudson, Capcom, and Namco. Those were arguably the most influential 3rd parties that had games on Nintendo systems.

EDIT: Oh ya, and Maxwell for WB, but that's basically it, IMO. I can't really think of any other 3rd parties that have been as influential on Nintendo as these.

Ya, them too, but that's it. The only 3rd parties I would ever want to have a character in the game are the ones I said, and Square Enix. I actually was gonna add that along with WB, but I forgot at the time, and I didn't think anyone would bring it up...

I'm saying Maxwell, because his games are Nintendo exclusive, and he's WB's video game only character.

I never really played many Square Enix games, but they could have a Final Fantasy or Dragonquest character that appears in alot of games like a Chocobo or something. Possibly even Geno...
I'm fine with one character from each those 3rd parties, but none other. It's unlikely I suppose, but whatever.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Happy_Mask

Remove Ike! He's too much work to 'dorf.
And I hope Dedede stays, he's fun to play as just because he's comic relief. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

SCRAPPER392

The only characters I can see getting the boot, are:
Lucas: not as well known as Ness, and will make room for a non-clone
Toon Link: Him being a background character in the 3DS Spirit Tracks stage basically confirms he's out, ans he's a clone.
Falco or Wolf: My guess is they'll ditch one of these clones, keep one(most likely Wolf), then change the moveset.

Ganondorf needs a new moveset besides his Final Smash obviously.

I think Mewtwo should replace Lucario, which replaced him first.

Then there are additions besides what we know can be changed.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

CanisWolfred

As far as I'm concerned, Mega Man and Pac-Man are the only ones we need as far as 3rd Party characters go. I'd also like to see Dig-Dug as an assist trophy, though I suppose he could also be a character so long as it's This Dig-Dug.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

supered91

SCAR392 wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Ya, them too, but that's it. The only 3rd parties I would ever want to have a character in the game are the ones I said, and Square Enix. I actually was gonna add that along with WB, but I forgot at the time, and I didn't think anyone would bring it up...

I'm saying Maxwell, because his games are Nintendo exclusive, and he's WB's video game only character.

I never really played many Square Enix games, but they could have a Final Fantasy or Dragonquest character that appears in alot of games like a Chocobo or something. Possibly even Geno...
I'm fine with one character from each those 3rd parties, but none other. It's unlikely I suppose, but whatever.

i would love for maxwell to be on the next smash

supered91

SCRAPPER392

CanisWolfred wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, Mega Man and Pac-Man are the only ones we need as far as 3rd Party characters go. I'd also like to see Dig-Dug as an assist trophy, though I suppose he could also be a character so long as it's This Dig-Dug.

Well, if Namco adds one character, it'll be Pac-man. Also, if Konami is getting a character in again, I'd say Bomberman is more fitting than Snake.
It all depends on how many they're going to add, and what the priority is for character additions.
Waluigi probably has less of a chance than Pac-Man for example, even though he's Nintendo.

EDIT: Also, It definitely won't be that Dig-Dug. The classic look would make alot more sense, IMO.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

supered91

well we have enough characters in smash 4
we have mario,link,samus,kirby,fox,bowser,pikachu,pit,and the newcomers:wii fit trainer,mega man,villager,and peggy hill (king of the hill)

supered91

FireMario887

I wonder if Nintendo is gonna use the Bottle Ship (Other M). It would be interesting if you get to play in Sector 1, 2, 3, and main. Dodge plants in 1, avoid lava in 3, and break ice in 2. I almost doubt it'll happen though...

FireMario887

Joeynator3000

Varia01 wrote:

I wonder if Nintendo is gonna use the Bottle Ship (Other M). It would be interesting if you get to play in Sector 1, 2, 3, and main. Dodge plants in 1, avoid lava in 3, and break ice in 2. I almost doubt it'll happen though...

They could have an arena that involves Nightmare.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

MrWalkieTalkie

SCAR392 wrote:

Well, if Namco adds one character, it'll be Pac-man. Also, if Konami is getting a character in again, I'd say Bomberman is more fitting than Snake.

Mega-MAN Pac-MAN Bomber-MAN, what's next Ray-MAN? I never realized how many old game characters have man at the end of their names. XD

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Snagrio

It'll be sad to see Ike go (let's face it Chrom is taking his place); he is among my top ten favorites. The only way that won't happen is if there are more then two slots for FE representatives, which I don't see happening.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

MegaStoneSmash91

I really hope Wario makes it back. He was one of my favorite characters to play as.

As for who gets cut:

Lucario- Was a "flavor of the month" type character and I really can't see him returning. He's nowhere near a classic character.
Wolf- How likely could it be? He's not really all that important to the roster. I did enjoy playing as him, but don't see why he'd return.
Toon Link- While it pains me to say it because he was one of my favs, he probably won't be back. He was a clone character and as @SCAR392 said, he's now a background character on the 3DS version. What a shame too, with Wind Waker HD coming out.
Pokemon Trainer- He may be cut, or he may get three different Pokemon this time around. Hard to say really. He made up a good chunk of the Pokemon universe in Brawl. This one's on the fence for me
Meta Knight- Leaning a little more towards being cut than Pokemon trainer, but he may come back, hopefully with an altered moveset.
Snake- He really felt like a one-time character. He was great fun to play as, but his chances of returning look slim.

There's probably a few more that could be listed, but I'll leave it there for now.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

supered91

peggy hill is in the new super smash bros

supered91

FireMario887

If you take a look at Miiverse>Smash Bros Community>Popular Posts, scroll down and you'll see a character suggestion that I cannot believe that I forgot about. BOWSER JR!!!! Of course!

FireMario887

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic