Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 10,761 to 10,780 of 27,917

UGXwolf

@2Sang I was going to rant about how Mother 3 came out 4 years after Melee, but then I found out why that didn't happen, as Lucas was originally going to be in a game called "Earthbound 64" that never released... Huh... Either way, that actually further proves my point. They didn't cut Ness the first time cause there seemed to be no reason to, and by Brawl he was deeply enough a part of the game to stay. And Lucas was supposed to replace Ness, but wound up standing alongside him. Neither one is getting cut. Seems pretty obvious to me.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

Ok, first off, Star Fox Assault being represented on the Wii U? Classy~ Star Fox Command stage confirmed for 3DS!

Also, it looks like it'll be like Corneria and Sector Z (you know, that stage that's been in every Smash iteration thus far but with a slightly different background and size ratio each time?)

Also, because I'm bored and feel like playing with the roster a bit...

We have 36 characters, 39 if you count G&W and the other two Miis. (Sakurai said that the three types of Miis are treated as separate fighters, so I will continue to count it this way.) As we've said, Wario and Metaknight were in the early concept art making 41. Polar Bear is in Smash Run making 42 for Ice Climbers. Ness, Jiggs, and Ganondorf are about as safe as safe can be, making 45. Most likely not losing both spacies, so 46. And given that Sakurai said "reaching the bottom of newcomer videos" that implies there's at least one more. So we have at least 47 characters. I'm going to go ahead and suggest that if we don't get both spacies, Krystal will replace the cut (not adding to the count as she may be the last newcomer), ROB is unique (and considering the backlash for ONE SINGLE CLONE they really don't want to drop unique characters), and Lucas has a long argument I've made enough times to not even care.

Guys... we're looking at a 49+ character roster without any trouble at all. I didn't think it would happen but we could very, VERY easily wind up with more than 50 characters. And at this point, that would only require bringing back the majority of the veterans and having one or two surprise characters waiting for us. I still think that Shulk is an extremely likely candidate for this game and I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai had left one or two newcomers unannounced. (My fingers are crossed for K. Rool and Chorus Men.) Even if you don't count the Mii Fighters as three characters, we can still hit 50 without a lot of trouble.

The_Ninja

That stage looks awesome. About stages, I hope we get either a Metal Harbor stage, a Final Rush stage or Radical Highway. Radical Highway can be on 3DS, since Generations 3DS had it, and the other ones can be on Wii U, since SAB2 was on a console. IMO the portable Sonic games were not that good.They were OK, but nowhere near as good as the console ones. Luckily we have Sonic Classic Collection and Generations.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

MrWalkieTalkie

But Sonic already has the Windy Hill Zone stage on Wii U so that's it because I'm pretty sure 3rd Parties won't get multiple stages.

He & Mega Man will definitely get a stage on 3DS since Pac-Man has a stage on both versions already, but don't expect them to have anymore.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

UGXwolf

Actually, I'm gonna go a little bit further with this one. I'm going to go ahead and say the Star Fox Command stage will be unique, like Lylat Cruise, and that they'll use Corneria from SSB Melee as a retro stage again in the 3DS version.

EDIT: @MrWalkieTalkie I think we can expect to see a retro Sonic stage on the 3DS version. My bets are on something from Sonic 3 & Knuckles, but I'm not a big Sonic fan, so I don't actually know. :V

Edited on by UGXwolf

MrWalkieTalkie

But i gotta say, today's Pic of the Day has got me wondering what the inevitable F-Zero, EarthBound, Donkey Kong, Yoshi's Island, Wario, & Kirby stages are gonna be on Wii U.

I still really hope we get a Nintendo Land stage.

For Kirby, I kinda want 2 stages. 1 for Epic Yarn & 1 for Return to DreamLand. And part of me wishes that the boxing ring stage would have 3rd variant to look like the one from Kirby Super Star, but that's probably a long shot.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

The_Ninja

Sonic should have atleast 2 IMO. He may be 3rd party, but he's also a veteran. He shouldn't get another rep tho.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

DefHalan

The only problem I see with a Star Fox Command level is that no where really stands out in Command. I love Command and qould love to see something Command related but I can't think of a particular place where they could make a level. If they made a level based off of command it would probably be pretty generic and could represent any Star Fox game. I am still waiting to see if the Star Fox Assault level does anything Assault specific.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SparkOfSpirit

Sonic's 3DS stage will probably be Chemical Plant from Sonic 2. It's almost certainly going to be a retro stage if Pac-Man is anything to go by. But if Sonic is getting two because he's a veteran then they'll probably just bring back Green Hill.

Anyone notice there are only two Arwings in the background of the Assault stage? I thought that was an interesting touch.

I hope Lylat Cruise comes back. That was one of my favorite Brawl stages. Not to mention that killer Corneria remix.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

MrWalkieTalkie

I could see Sonic's 3DS stage being based off a retro game. Sakurai really seems to want to focus mostly on the oldschool days for 3rd Parties since Mega Man's look is based exactly on his NES interpretation and Pac-Man's stages and moves are all based on the 80's Namco arcade era. But Sonic so far has been fully focused on modern games with both his look and his stage based on last year's Sonic Lost World, so it feels appropriate that his 3DS stage should reference something from his past.

Nintendo_Ninja

I want a moonside stage, Bowsers Castle stage, a stage of the ship in Pikmin 3 with zero gravity physics, a Pokemon Centet stage, and a Animal Crossing museum stage with breakable dinosaur bones that you can use as projectiles.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

SparkOfSpirit

I personally hope we at least get Fourside back. The Earthbound re-release would be a good opportunity for that.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

LzWinky

UGXwolf wrote:

Ok, first off, Star Fox Assault being represented on the Wii U? Classy~ Star Fox Command stage confirmed for 3DS!

Also, it looks like it'll be like Corneria and Sector Z (you know, that stage that's been in every Smash iteration thus far but with a slightly different background and size ratio each time?)

Also, because I'm bored and feel like playing with the roster a bit...

We have 36 characters, 39 if you count G&W and the other two Miis. (Sakurai said that the three types of Miis are treated as separate fighters, so I will continue to count it this way.) As we've said, Wario and Metaknight were in the early concept art making 41. Polar Bear is in Smash Run making 42 for Ice Climbers. Ness, Jiggs, and Ganondorf are about as safe as safe can be, making 45. Most likely not losing both spacies, so 46. And given that Sakurai said "reaching the bottom of newcomer videos" that implies there's at least one more. So we have at least 47 characters. I'm going to go ahead and suggest that if we don't get both spacies, Krystal will replace the cut (not adding to the count as she may be the last newcomer), ROB is unique (and considering the backlash for ONE SINGLE CLONE they really don't want to drop unique characters), and Lucas has a long argument I've made enough times to not even care.

Guys... we're looking at a 49+ character roster without any trouble at all. I didn't think it would happen but we could very, VERY easily wind up with more than 50 characters. And at this point, that would only require bringing back the majority of the veterans and having one or two surprise characters waiting for us. I still think that Shulk is an extremely likely candidate for this game and I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai had left one or two newcomers unannounced. (My fingers are crossed for K. Rool and Chorus Men.) Even if you don't count the Mii Fighters as three characters, we can still hit 50 without a lot of trouble.

I'm gonna be honest here. At this point, they shouldn't really care about "backlash"

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SparkOfSpirit

I'm still betting on 50 characters, myself.

― G.K. Chesterton

Randomname19

DestinyMan wrote:

9. Murasame Castle (from The Mysterious Murasame Castle

And Takamaru as a stage hazard or assist trophy.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Kewlan

@Unca_Lz Wait, is Robin holding you?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

MrWalkieTalkie

Do you think there'll be a Luigis Mansion Dark Moon stage for both versions? Pokemon X & Y has a stage on both versions and there's a lot of possibilities with all the mansions in Dark Moon. King Boo can even be a boss. If not, they'll probably bring back the Brawl Luigis Mansion for Wii U and make the Dark Moon stage for 3DS.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic