Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 10,741 to 10,760 of 27,917

SparkOfSpirit

DestinyMan wrote:

I know Wario's in the games, but I just find it lame that he's being withheld for so long. He was a major character in Brawl, revealed for that game from the very beginning. Apparently his importance has declined a bit since there's only been Wario Land: Shake It, WarioWare: Snapped, WarioWare D.I.Y., and Game & Wario after Brawl. I personally don't think he would need many changes. Unless he appears in one of the last revealed newcomer videos, I could see him being a hidden character at this point, which I find pretty weird. But there's always a random Pic of the Day!

On the plus side, maybe this means Wario will have some Wario Land representation in the game. A stage based on Shake It would be sweet.

Either way, I highly, highly doubt he was cut.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

LzWinky

I saw the line "But there are legitimate reasons – opinionated and factual – as to why Mii’s simply do not belong in the game" in that article. I needed popcorn after that line

Also, he needs to learn what "objective" means. None of that article was "objective". Most of it was simple assumptions based on no evidence or fact and thus an opinion was formed based on such statements. Therefore it was subjective.

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Yoshi

Under that assumption, that means that Meta Knight and Mr. Game and Watch are in it as well. The Mr. Saturn at the bottom hints at Ness and Lucas as well.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

FriedSquid

A plausible point, but how do we know that was made specifically for SSB4? It could have been based on Brawl (it was drawn before SSB4 was revealed, making Brawl the most up-to-date), as it includes the newcomers in Brawl's reveal video (Pit, Meta Knight, ZSS, and Wario) along with some veterans. I guess one exception to this is the single Pikmin.

I suppose one thing it does prove is that Sakurai has a soft spot for those characters, so it's probably still unlikely to see them cut.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

SparkOfSpirit

People thought Metaknight was getting cut because he was powerful? I guess Sakurai forgot to cut Marth, Olimar, and Fox, then.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

MrWalkieTalkie

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

People thought Metaknight was getting cut because he was powerful? I guess Sakurai forgot to cut Marth, Olimar, and Fox, then.

Yeah, I never understood people who think a character will be cut because they were "OP" in Brawl. It's like, oh, excuse me, I didn't know video game characters were just naturally tough and there's nothing we can do about it.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

MsJubilee

@SparkOfSpirit Who though metaknight was too powerful?He was broken that's what people were saying.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

SparkOfSpirit

midnafanboy wrote:

@SparkOfSpirit Who though metaknight was too powerful?He was broken that's what people were saying.

So then fix him.

It can't be too hard. Sakurai has been nerfing and buffing since Melee, after all.

― G.K. Chesterton

MsJubilee

They will fix metaknight no doubt about that.Cause i actually want to use him.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

MsJubilee

Wow that screenshot looks absolutely gorgeous.

ZurrrrBlattTron

AYEEE DAT STAGE THAT PIC ALONE MAKES ME WANT STAR FOX U NOW!
Oh and Meta Knight is far from OP, any decent player can beat a Meta Knight you just have to know his flaws and abuse them plus MOST Meta Knight players aren't even that good to begin with

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

DefHalan

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"Here's the Great Fox from Star Fox: Assault. I wonder what missions it will conduct. It'll probably have fighters running around on top of it without the pilot's consent."

Star Fox Assault!?!?!?! Awesome, and that is one of the Star Fox games with Krystal, Sakurai confirm her already please!

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MegaStoneSmash91

"...without the pilot's consent" Silly Sakurai.

This is indeed a great looking screenshot. So far, it basically looks like a mirrored version of Corneria. Or perhaps this is just a special angle, and the ship will still face to the left? How will this stage differ from Corneria? Still, I can't wait to see how it actually looks with fighters on it.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

JunkosBoobies

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"Here's the Great Fox from Star Fox: Assault. I wonder what missions it will conduct. It'll probably have fighters running around on top of it without the pilot's consent."

Man, that looks like a baddonkey stage. Now I'm just waiting for a 3DS Starfox Stage, Sakurai.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

2Sang

Morphbug wrote:

Mr Saturn will replace Ness as the Earthbound playable character

I bet you 1,000 peanut butter cheese bars you're wrong.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Datasun_7

Rainbow dash? Wow

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic