Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 10,541 to 10,560 of 27,917

IceClimbers

Anyways, which character do you think would have a better chance at being in Smash: Hades or Medusa? I'd personally prefer Hades, because his character is awesome. Plus, what better way for Sakurai to troll than by introducing his own creation, Hades, one of the biggest trolls in video game history?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

K964

I've got a solution to giving the Wii U version exclusive features and making Ridley fans happy: Make a 4 vs. 1 mode in the Wii U version where the Gamepad user plays as a boss (Yellow Devil, Ridley, etc.). Then all Nintendo would have to do is advertise it like "Wanna play as Ridley in Smash? Buy a Wii U!"

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all...

IceClimbers

The funny thing is, both Hades and Medusa tower over Ridley.

Though the best way Sakurai could troll us all is if they have another Smash Direct, and at the beginning he says that Smash Wii U has been delayed to 2015, and then be like "Just kidding! The actual date is November (insert date here)"

DreamyViridi

@IceClimbers - I could see either of them having a chance. Medusa's known from the get-go; since the very start of Uprising. Defeating her is the main goal throughout the first half of the game. However, Hades is quite the character and even though he doesn't appear until the halfway point, he has more interaction with Pit and Palutena in the game than Medusa ever did. Also, they're both gods. I'm sure they could shrink themselves if they wanted/had to. I'd prefer Viridi altogether but out of those two; Hades would have a better shot at it. Even though both got completely destructified (that's a word by Pit iirc ^^) in Uprising.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MsJubilee

I would rather have hades than medusa cause he looks awesome.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Yoshi

IceClimbers wrote:

Though the best way Sakurai could troll us all is if they have another Smash Direct, and at the beginning he says that Smash Wii U has been delayed to 2015, and then be like "Just kidding! The actual date is November (insert date here)"

Let's face it: Sakurai is the ultimate troll. I can see it now, Sakurai's face on a newcomer banner with the tagline: Sakurai trolls the fanboys!

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

IceClimbers

To be fair, they could introduce Dark Pit as a newcomer and not have him be a clone of Pit like Lucina is to Marth. There's weapon types in Uprising that aren't represented in Smash that can be used to give him a unique moveset.

With Hades vs Medusa, there's arguments for both.

Medusa
-Female villain. Kill two birds with one stone type of thing.
-More iconic to the franchise

Hades
-Sakurai's own creation. We know Sakurai can play favoritism towards his own work.
-Hades takes over as the main villain of the franchise in Uprising.

So I guess the question is, does trying to have more female representation in Smash trump Sakurai's favoritism towards his own work?

Yoshi

Ok, I truly do not want to come off as sexist, but I really want to make this point. Including a character of choosing one character over another for the sake of female representation is asinine. Pick a character for what it brings to the table. If that character is male or female, so what. If you can justify choosing a character other than female representation, great!

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Nintendo6400

My choice would be Hades, because was such an entertaining character. Also I think dark pit is just gonna be an alt. I agree Pitto could get his own moveset, but he just looks too much like Pit. Lucina may look like Marth but she does have notable features that sets her apart. Players would have a hard time differentiating between the two characters if both are selected for battle. Plus Dark Pit would need to have different pallete swaps compared to pit.

In short, Hades or Medusa have a better chance of making the game then Dark Pit.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Azooooz

There's nothing wrong with having more female characters in the game. In fact, it, admittedly, helps bringing new fans to the series like Smash Bros.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Mickey

brewsky wrote:

Ok, I truly do not want to come off as sexist, but I really want to make this point. Including a character of choosing one character over another for the sake of female representation is asinine.

Every single gamer I've talked to who's against female representation always makes like it's for no other reason than their gender. Cut it out.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Jazzer94

I'm still a bit bummed that Magnus is a assist trophy.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

IceClimbers

I'm pretty sure brewsky is not against female representation. He's saying that having one character being in the game over another (ie Medusa over Hades) just for the sake of more female representation is asinine. I actually agree with that. To me, doing that for the sake of female representation is sexist in itself, and would be pleasing the extremist part of the feminist movement who want female superiority, not gender equality. That being said, if Medusa were to be in over Hades, that doesn't necessarily mean that Sakurai did it for that reason.

It's also worth pointing out that none of the new females in the game so far have been added in over another male character. Medusa getting in over Hades would be the first instance of that.

CapeSmash

Am I the only one here who thinks Charizard is WAY too small in Brawl? He's barley taller than Mario.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

DreamyViridi

SockoMario wrote:

Am I the only one here who thinks Charizard is WAY too small in Brawl? He's barley taller than Mario.

Charizard isn't as big as you'd think. Going by the Pokédex, Charizard's about 5'07". The thought of the fact that I'm taller than him is intriguing.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Jazzer94

DreamyViridi wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Charizard isn't as big as you'd think. Going by the Pokédex, Charizard's about 5'07". The thought of the fact that I'm taller than him is intriguing.

The show is to blame for this just look at these.
Untitled
Untitled

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

ZurrrrBlattTron

^or everyone in the Pokemon anime is a midget
It's very tough but I would go with Hades, he's a better character overall and like everyone said is the true villain in the game if Medusa is in for the sake of female representation or because she is a older character would suck. We already have Pit and Palutena who represent the older games well enough so no need to not include someone from the amazing new cast

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

MsJubilee

Now you guys made me remember how good the show was when i was watching it.Not anymore though.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Eel

Medusa's got the benefit of being an older retro character.

Also, both Kid Icarus characters in the game are painfully obviously based on Sakurai's game. Not the original Kid Icarus. Saying Uprising is lacking representation is incorrect.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic