Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 10,521 to 10,540 of 27,917

Mickey

Y'know, I just re-realized how awesome it is that we're also getting a portable version (without any characters being left out) on top of getting an HD version of Smash.

Seriously. Awesome.

Quick question: Which female character is most disliked by people who don't know why people are so excited to see more women in games?

Doesn't have to exactly be the one they're getting upset about, just whatever name's been thrown around here lately. I need to know this so I know who I'll be maining for online play.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

CaviarMeths

Mickey wrote:

Quick question: Which female character is most disliked by people who don't know why people are so excited to see more women in games?

Doesn't have to exactly be the one they're getting upset about, just whatever name's been thrown around here lately. I need to know this so I know who I'll be maining for online play.

Most likely Lucina, though the upset is over her being a clone, not a woman.

I'm reasonably sure that there are a grand total of zero people upset about the increased female representation in Smash, so your plight may be fruitless.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

MsJubilee

Lucina is the one that's getting hate because she is a clone and stuff.And Chrom fanboys are mad so add those two together and you will get hate.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Jazzer94

CaviarMeths wrote:

Mickey wrote:

Most likely Lucina, though the upset is over her being a clone, not a woman.

I'm reasonably sure that there are a grand total of zero people upset about the increased female representation in Smash, so your plight may be fruitless.

^^This Lucina is only one who comes to mind and I think it mostly has to do with her being a Roy clone for people who himself was a Marth clone.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Mickey

Lucina it is! XD Thanks, guys.

CaviarMeths wrote:

Mickey wrote:

Dunno, man. If there can be people upset at the fact that there're "too many" women in Hyrule Warriors, there can be people upset at the fact that there're too many women in Smash.

Plus, I think I've seen a few people here complaining about too many women being in SSB4, so there's also that. XD Maybe I'm just spending too much time in the seedy parts of the Internet...

EDIT: Wait a minute!

Jazzer94 wrote:

^^This Lucina is only one who comes to mind and I think it mostly has to do with her being a Roy clone for people who himself was a Marth clone.

Oh my gosh, people are still on about Roy!?

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

MsJubilee

Too many women in hyrule warriors?I say there is not enough, but people complain about every little thing.So who cares.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

CaviarMeths

Mickey wrote:

Dunno, man. If there can be people upset at the fact that there're "too many" women in Hyrule Warriors, there can be people upset at the fact that there're too many women in Smash.

Lol, I thought the female representation in HW was weird too, but then I sat down and thought about it and... there really aren't that many men in Zelda games...

I mean you could add uh... Groose... and... uh...

...Ralph?

But I mean it's Team Ninja, and whatever criticisms you could levy on them, lack of female characters isn't one. Tons of excessive boobage may be, but hey, if I want to play Dynasty Warriors with my sisters, they've never complained about not having someone to play as.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Mickey

@CaviarMeths Well, with Dynasty Warriors, it could literally be anyone. Like, you could have Tingle, that Goron dude I think, people who've never picked up a weapon or gotten into a fight in their lives. Heck, you could have the old man who gives you the sword be a playable character.

That said, Nintendo having so much female representation in Hyrule Warriors is great PR. Especially after that whole "animating women is too expensive" thing from Ubisoft.

Anyway, I don't think we should be talking this much about Hyrule Warriors in the Smash thread. ^^;

The Mousekeloggery

Azooooz

People are still complaining about certain characters, while I'm very happy that I'll get to play Super Smash Bros. in glorious HD. It's like a dream that has come true.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

IceClimbers

There's not too many women in Hyrule Warriors, there's just a major lack of male characters. If Hyrule Warriors comes out, and Link is the only male character, who looks effeminate anyway, will there be a public outcry?

As for the picture I posted earlier, I do think it possibly hints at new Metroid and Zelda newcomers. I think people would be disappointed if Zelda didn't get a newcomer at all. If it's from Skyward Sword, then I want it to be Ghirahim because it's a great character and a villain, but something tells me that Impa would be the newcomer over Ghirahim or Groose because she's female.

As for Metroid, Ridley is a coin toss at this point. We don't 100% know that Ridley is a stage boss. Sakurai is dragging this out and is toying with us. There will be an outrage if Ridley isn't playable, but there will also be one if he is. Both are excellent trolling maneuvers for Sakurai to take.

If Ridley is playable, then I think the best way to introduce him would be to have Samus fighting Ridley, and then Hades pops in and starts being the massive troll he is by saying "My, my, and you thought Ridley was big. He's just a little hummingbird compared to ME!", introducing both Ridley and maybe Hades into Smash...with this playing:

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MsJubilee

I do not want ridley playable cause how will sakurai troll the fans of ridley if he is already in the game?

The_Ninja

Mickey wrote:

Y'know, I just re-realized how awesome it is that we're also getting a portable version (without any characters being left out) on top of getting an HD version of Smash.

Seriously. Awesome.

Yep, first smash on the go and 3D and first smash in HD.
Both will have amazing experiences.

Also, who do you guys think is the worst of the clones? Toon Link or Lucina? For me it's Lucina, but she should still stay in tho. Toon Link has a different boomerang, bigger bomb blast radius, he's faster, more floaty and that makes up for him being weaker than Link.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Mickey

IceClimbers wrote:

There's not too many women in Hyrule Warriors, there's just a major lack of male characters. If Hyrule Warriors comes out, and Link is the only male character, who looks effeminate anyway, will there be a public outcry?

I figure Nintendo's just revealing all these female characters for right now, and will reveal male characters like Ganondorf and the Happy Mask Salesman later.

The Mousekeloggery

MsJubilee

I think that's all the female characters they can think off who else can be in this game that's a female no body. Lucina was the last one boarding that ship, now they can add whatever character they like that will surprise us all.

MasterWario

Mickey wrote:

I'm not necessarily upset about it, but there are, way too many playable female characters announced to how many male playable characters (only one? O_o) are announced in Hyrule Warriors. If Groose isn't in, that's absurd. Anyway that's a bit off topic, but I wanted to point that out.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

IceClimbers

midnafanboy wrote:

I do not want ridley playable cause how will sakurai troll the fans of ridley if he is already in the game?

He already is. Dragging this whole thing out is trolling the Ridley fans. Confirming him would be trollling the anti-Ridley people. As for future Smash games, he can just troll the Ridley fans like he does the Mewtwo fans.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MsJubilee

Ahh mewtwo a fan favorite that will never see the light of day in smash, maybe as a pokeball which will piss alot of people off.IF that happens.

ZurrrrBlattTron

1)Shove a Mewtwo in the BG in any Pokemon stage
2)Eat a bag of popcorn while laughing over the wars that were caused
3) In the next iteration, make Mewtwo an alt skin for Lucario
4) enjoy

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic