Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 10,481 to 10,500 of 27,917

Twiglingen

Didn't someone suggest that Ness/Lucas might be the veteran thrown in with Shulk a bit back in this thread since they both have psychic abilities?

Btw who do you think is a character that makes sense and has a chance but is super surprising all the same. Personally Sora from Kingdom Hearts seems like he could get in since he has been on nintendo systems and he could technically represent Final Fantasy as well since he has interacted with a lot of them but would be really surprising since he is more of a PS character.

Working on the profile pic. Trying to find a good one for me.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9841-0384

Nintendo6400

Maybe instead of characters we can actually get some info on the wii u version itself. Because you know we basically know nothing about it.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

LzWinky

Now that's a great one

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

2Sang

Morphbug wrote:

The funny part about these "W event takes place in X day, and X day is important for Y series in Z place. Ergo W Event is related to Y Series." Theories is that they are almost aways wrong.

They were right early on, but sakurai caught on that we were all expecting anniversaries to lead to character reveals, so now it's not gonna happen, even if Ness is my favorite video game character and main in ssb.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

2Sang

Unca_Lz wrote:

Now that's a great one

He's smiling because he's fantasizing about your murder. He doesn't need a twinkle in his eye.

EDIT: He doesn't need a twinkle because he cut out his own eyes just for fun.

Edited on by 2Sang

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

FriedSquid

So I was thinking, if they will be releasing amiibos for every character, what will they do for the secret characters (assuming this version will have any)? Having those advertised in-store would kinda ruin the surprise. I'm guessing they could include a "bundle pack" with all the secret characters, and you wouldn't know who they are until you open it.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Yoshi

Squid wrote:

So I was thinking, if they will be releasing amiibos for every character, what will they do for the secret characters (assuming this version will have any)? Having those advertised in-store would kinda ruin the surprise. I'm guessing they could include a "bundle pack" with all the secret characters, and you wouldn't know who they are until you open it.

Different series of characters released at different times. Characters in the hidden roster won't be sold until later (just a guess).

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

MrWalkieTalkie

Squid wrote:

Well first off, I'm 100% confident that the figures shown aff so far are of characters that'll be starters.
Untitled

As for secret characters, I honestly doubt anything will truly be kept "secret" this time around. We've already seen characters who are normally kept secret in the series (ie: Luigi, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Captain Falcon) and the website doesn't list who is a starter character and who will be unlockable, so not even Nintendo seems to really care who's kept under wraps. And in the end who would care? People are gonna find out who's in the game anyway, I could ask almost anyone I know who's in Brawl and they could name practically every character.

Plus, the amiibo figures will launch the same day as Smash Bros. U, so there won't be ANY secret characters by then, because we'll all be playing the 3DS version, which will have all the characters that'll be in the Wii U version.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

IceClimbers

At that point it won't really matter because the internet will spoil it - before the 3DS version launches here cause Japan gets it in September.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Rintyrocks

Because we always need more Smash reveals.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Rintyrocks

3DS Friend Code: 4828-5504-9607 | Nintendo Network ID: mememe1000

Blast

The Peach, Wii Fit trainer, Marth and Kirby Amiibo figures WILL be mine.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MsJubilee

Billy Mays oxi cleans the battlefield is the one that killed me.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Tsuchinoko

2Sang wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

The funny part about these "W event takes place in X day, and X day is important for Y series in Z place. Ergo W Event is related to Y Series." Theories is that they are almost aways wrong.

They were right early on, but sakurai caught on that we were all expecting anniversaries to lead to character reveals, so now it's not gonna happen, even if Ness is my favorite video game character and main in ssb.

Well Captain Falcon was announced on an anniversary, so it is still happening, just not as much. The Mother and EB Mother 2 anniverseries and both coming up, so its not completely out of nowhere.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Randomname19

Sakurai is trolling us and Ridley is playable.Like Andre from Gamexplain said" His animations seem to be a little too non-eventful for a boss character"
Demise is the new Ganondorf,but with a sword(Ghirahim).Ghirahim could turn back in his human form and be a part of the final Smash.

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

FriedSquid

IceClimbers wrote:

Discuss:
Untitled

I think for now it's pure coincidence. Palutena and an Awakening rep were always pretty predictable. If the next newcomer revealed is Metroid/Skyward Sword I think it could be true, but until then I'm not counting on it.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic