Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 10,381 to 10,400 of 27,917

Azooooz

Also in the same article, Smash Bros. for Wii U is rumored to have a release date of 21st November this year.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Datasun_7

I don't know if its just me but I'm loving the outrage from hundreds of entitled fans whining about fire emblem having 4 reps. It is literally hilarious. Some people were saying sakarai should step down now xp
But the reason I bring this up is; what's your take on this? How do you feel about a relatively niche series getting four representatives whereas DK and metroid has two?

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

MsJubilee

Meh i don't care, but except i will care if sakuria took out lucas just to put lucina and leaving ness by himself to represent the earthbound franchise. I will be mad if that happen.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

mamp

Datasun_7 wrote:

I don't know if its just me but I'm loving the outrage from hundreds of entitled fans whining about fire emblem having 4 reps. It is literally hilarious. Some people were saying sakarai should step down now xp
But the reason I bring this up is; what's your take on this? How do you feel about a relatively niche series getting four representatives whereas DK and metroid has two?

IDC really but I still think Lucina should have been an alternate costume, not because I feel like there could have been space for another character but because she seems rather pointless. Her power is balanced throughout the sword... really? That's it?

@torotoid64 https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/help/helpful_tips_for_form...

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Eel

@midnafanboy:

Yeah I can totally see that happening.

Employee: "We want to add lucina but the game is already X gb and adding her would overload the WiiU."

Sakurai: "Huh well, then remove Lucas. He sucks anyway. Lol."

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DreamyViridi

@midnafanboy, @mamp

Well, it's been said that Lucina didn't replace anybody. Her 'slot' exists only for her, it wouldn't exist otherwise. Plus Sakurai said himself; Lucina's an alt that got lucky. There were enough differences for her to have her own slot.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

SparkOfSpirit

Datasun_7 wrote:

Fire Emblem's been around long enough that it's probably warranted. I still think Donkey Kong should have had both Dixie and K. Rool added but that's almost certainly not going to happen now.

As for Metroid, there just aren't many viable choices for playable character status. Ridley might happen, but even if he does, who would fill a fourth slot?

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

MrWalkieTalkie

midnafanboy wrote:

Meh i don't care, but except i will care if sakuria took out lucas just to put lucina and leaving ness by himself to represent the earthbound franchise. I will be mad if that happen.

Sakuria = Sakurai with bewbs.

If Lucas didn't make it in the next game, HOW COULD YOU TELL THAT SPECIFICALLY LUCINA REPLACED HIM?

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Yoshi

Morphbug wrote:

Employee: "We want to add lucina but the game is already X gb and adding her would overload the WiiU."

I can definitely see Sakurai fill up a 25 GB disc. Better have an external if you want to go digital.

I can also see Sakurai filling up all 8 GBs for the 3DS game card. That'll hurt, since 32 GB is the max capacity for an SD card if you want to download.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

MsJubilee

@MrWalkieTalkie I said if it did happen

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

DreamyViridi

@Datasun_7 - Well technically, not counting remakes and spin-offs, I think FE has actually had more games than Metroid; but that's besides the point. What I do know is the FE universe has tons, literally dozens of playable characters compared to a few of the other Nintendo franchises. Didn't Sakurai say something about playing through FE:A and seeing potential in a lot of that game's characters? I think I can accept the 'niche' series having more reps because of its fairly big cast, though most may be unknown due to half of the games never being released over here.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

DefHalan

Azooooz wrote:

Sakurai will go bang with maybe a final character reveal next month. What do you think the next character will be?

Krystal from Star Fox... more hope and less of who I think it will be

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Kewlan

DefHalan wrote:

How does that work with digital?

It would simply be "exclusive" to the physical copies.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Kewlan

I'm sorry but I can't get over how great this picture is.
Untitled

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Yoshi

Kewlan wrote:

I'm sorry but I can't get over how great this picture is.
Untitled

I like this one more.

Untitled

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Tsuchinoko

Morphbug wrote:

@midnafanboy:

I'd be so sad.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Kewlan

I'm sorry. I'm done. That's it. Goodnight.

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic