Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 10,321 to 10,340 of 27,917

CaviarMeths

Ike was in 2/6 of the Western released Fire Emblem games. Marth was in one, and it was in the one that most feel is the worst of the six (depending on how you feel about the difficulty level in Radiant Dawn). I think Ike deserves his spot on the roster.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Jazzer94

Unca_Lz wrote:

I don't understand the hatred for clones. Their exclusion won't guarantee the inclusion of some other character.

Well Lucina is more a clone of a clone (Roy) who in nearly every way was inferior to Marth this is proven fact but seeing as I haven't played SSB4 they could of buffed her (I think not sure yet that she has a much lower landing lag then Marth) so there is hope.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Bigtime

Ss Lucina doesnt even play differently? How fun.

I don't hate clones for any other reason other than the fact it's boring to have two characters who play the same. I just really don't see the point of them.

Edited on by Bigtime

Bigtime

3DS Friend Code: 1203-9892-7345 | Nintendo Network ID: martinf

CaviarMeths

Bigtime wrote:

I don't hate clones for any other reason other than the fact it's boring to have two characters who play the same. I just really don't see the point of them.

Yeah, I hate it when there's like 40 unique characters and a few aesthetic extras thrown in for the fans.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

UGXwolf

In this case, it's extremely obvious why our two clones are here. Toon Link became a fan favorite in Brawl and is honestly the character that it seems like the Zelda teams prefer to work with. Removing him wasn't really an option. Lucina is intended to be easy-mode Marth. She doesn't require as much skill to get the most out of, but in return she likely won't have quite as much potential as Marth. People tend to forget that there are players who aren't good enough to always attack with the tip of the sword, so having Lucina cover a more balanced role is fine, ESPECIALLY when you take into account that she originally was just going to be a Marth alt, in the first place. Just think of her as a Marth alt that's a little more balanced. It really doesn't make and difference, in this case, since she didn't replace anyone or take a spot away from anyone else.

This also indirectly confirms what I've been saying that if they want to add more characters, they can. They just didn't want to.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

KratosAce

CaviarMeths wrote:

Bigtime wrote:

Yeah, I hate it when there's like 40 unique characters and a few aesthetic extras thrown in for the fans.

Agreed (with your sarcasm of course)

Lucina is there because many fans wanted her, and she serves as an extra female character (since brawl and melee barely had any females)

Also, she was gonna be in the game anyways (as an alternate skin). And she never took someone else's place.

Sakurai just needs to give her a unique final smash and she'd be good to go.

I'm too tired to think of something to write here...
Cookies

WebHead

Real reason Lucina was included: sakurai wanted another female rep and he knew how popular Lucina was.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

CaviarMeths

Super Smash Waifus for Wii U and 3DS.

Eirika alt costume for Lucina mock-up by The Engineer Kappa on Tumblr, btw:

Untitled

This, I can also dig.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

Azooooz

Untitled

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

DreamyViridi

@Azooooz - Yes, all 3 or 4 of them. So many!

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Azooooz

Dark-Luigi wrote:

Oh boy, here we go again...

People here can't seem to stop complaining, don't you think? I don't mind two almost the same characters, as long as they each have different characteristics.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

WebHead

But knowing me I'm probably going to use Lucina. A lot.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Kewlan

Oh my god guys, ONE guy complained about her. Don't you think you are overreacting?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Datasun_7

I do think that lucina was announced at the wrong time to be honest.Alot of people are talking about her clone status instead of the incredibly interesting and unique other newcomer that was announced. Shame really. Like I said before there is no such thing as slots so it doesn't really effect you if you don't want to play as her. It only effects people who wanted her in the first place. Like me so I'm content

Edited on by Datasun_7

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

KratosAce

Datasun_7 wrote:

I do think that lucina was announced at the wrong time to be honest.Alot of people are talking about her clone status instead of the incredibly interesting and unique other newcomer that was announced. Shame really. Like I said before there is no such thing as slots so it doesn't really effect you if you don't want to play as her. It only effects people who wanted her in the first place. Like me so I'm content

Yup, Robin needs more love.

I personally wanted Robin to be the representative of FE:A. He/She has the ability to use both swords and magic which is really cool and unique.

But to be honest I was still surprised to see him/her in the trailer. I was overjoyed.

And the only thing I saw on some websites is people praising C.Falcon and shaming Lucina, completely ignoring Robin.

I also saw people going "Oh meh gud, Sakurai wher is (insert character name here), I dunt kare about Flaming Emblm so no1 else doz, you ruined smsh add my chrctr or I wont bye tha game!!1111"

Seriously, that's depressing.

I'm too tired to think of something to write here...
Cookies

UGXwolf

KratosAce wrote:

Datasun_7 wrote:

Yup, Robin needs more love.

I personally wanted Robin to be the representative of FE:A. He/She has the ability to use both swords and magic which is really cool and unique.

But to be honest I was still surprised to see him/her in the trailer. I was overjoyed.

And the only thing I saw on some websites is people praising C.Falcon and shaming Lucina, completely ignoring Robin.

I also saw people going "Oh meh gud, Sakurai wher is (insert character name here), I dunt kare about Flaming Emblm so no1 else doz, you ruined smsh add my chrctr or I wont bye tha game!!1111"

Seriously, that's depressing.

Relax_Alax wrote:

deep breath
This is our community... This is our community.

pretty much sums it up for me.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DreamyViridi

The complaining is easy to get over but sometimes it's just.....
Untitled
...y'know?

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Jazzer94

The complainers consist mostly of people who care more who they play as then what they play like though when clones come into play they'll moan about that to I guess.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic