Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 10,301 to 10,320 of 27,917

Nintendo6400

You know even though Lucina is a clone she does have a great opportunity for some neat costumes such as her Great Lord outfit or her yukata.

PS. I changed my mind on Dixie. I think she could have very unique special moves. If anything some of her A moves might resemble Diddy moves.

Edit: fixed picture image.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/5Vrpj8dK7hQ/maxresdefault.jpg

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

LzWinky

I don't understand the hatred for clones. Their exclusion won't guarantee the inclusion of some other character.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CaviarMeths

Unca_Lz wrote:

I don't understand the hatred for clones. Their exclusion won't guarantee the inclusion of some other character.

There are still people who like to imagine that character slots are some tangible, finite thing.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

3dsplayer

Super smash bros attack of the marths

League of legends username - 3dsplayer ( 2pacEn0t0ri0u3cr is currently banned)
Neopet shop - http://www.neopets.com/browseshop.phtml?owner=bosswario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxeklRO7qWw

SparkOfSpirit

Unca_Lz wrote:

Sakurai has already said as much.

Dixie can't be a clone of Diddy, anyway. She doesn't use a jetpack or a peanut-popgun. I really don't get any arguments against her. Other than that possible exception of K. Rool there isn't really a Donkey Kong character that deserves inclusion more. And Donkey Kong deserves more reps.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

LzWinky

Keep in mind that Japan is getting the 3DS version in September, so it's very likely that we'll see all revealed characters by next month

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Blast

Unca_Lz wrote:

Keep in mind that Japan is getting the 3DS version in September, so it's very likely that we'll see all revealed characters by next month

Ohhhhh... Hahah that changes things. Well... I guess we're gonna know the full roster next month.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

DefHalan

Unca_Lz wrote:

I don't think all Brawl Characters were announced before the games release, so I am guessing it will be the same for this

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

Eh, they could at least announce all the veterans. I doubt anyone would be offended

Kewlan

"Lucina was altered to be her own character and did NOT replace anybody"
Now THAT is what I like to see!

I wouldn't mind seeing Dixie as her own character, but I'd be ok with her being a skin for Diddie either. Funky appeared in Mario Kart Wii, so a skin of him for DK would be cool too!

But let's be honest, what we need is Cranky Kong!
He could have an unique mechanic, which would be to bounce on his foes. I'd be so down for that!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

KratosAce

Scanning wrote:

Translation:

Lucina- She has the exact same set of special moves that Marth does, but like the game's director Masahiro Sakurai explained, the main difference between Lucina and Marth is that the former's moves will do the same damage regardless of which part of her blade hits, whereas Marth's attacks will only do maximum damage if the tip of his blade brushes the opponent.
One very important detail that both the character reveal trailer and Sakurai left out, however, is that you can actually start a match as Lucina with her mask on. In fact, Lucina has a taunt that lets her put on or remove the mask, in a similar fashion to Guile's "sunglasses" taunt in Ultra Street Fighter 4.
Captain Falcon- It would appear that not many changes have been made to Captain Falcon's move set from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. He still has the Reverse Falcon Punch from Brawl.
Robin- Famitsu also provided a very detailed rundown of Robin's special moves in the game.
Forward Smash- This move strikes your opponent with Robin's Levin Sword. However, as you can only use Robin's Levin Sword attacks a certain number of times, once you've run out of uses, this attack will hit with a regular bronze sword instead.
Forward air attack- When performing this move, if you were to smash the analog stick in the forward direction, Robin will attack with his Levin Sword for additional electric damage. But like all of Robin's Levin Sword attacks, you can only use the improved version a finite number of times.
Down+B: Nosferatu- Purple-black smog in the shape of a snake appears right in front of Robin when this move is used. If your opponent is hit by it, he or she will be "cursed" by the spell. When a cursed opponent is hit, Robin's health meter will recover. What's also interesting is that if the cursed opponent is struck from the back, the amount of health Robin recovers will be larger.
Neutral B: Thunder- Hitting the button once will activate a charging period for Robin's Thunder spell, and hitting it again will cast it. The amount of time Robin charges will determine the version of the spell cast (Thunder, Elthunder, Arcthunder, or Thoron).
While charging, you can also hit the shield button to cancel the move and store the charge — the next time you hit the B button, Robin will resume charging from wherever you left off previously.
Up+B: Elwind- When this special move is performed in the air, Robin produces two green projectiles that he sends flying downwards, which simultaneously propels him upwards. However, you can only use this move a limited number of times. Once you've exceeded the number of uses, Robin will not produce the projectiles or jump higher.
Side+B: Elfire- Robin produces a projectile that flies diagonally downwards. When the projectile comes into contact with the stage, an opponent, or an item, it will generate a pillar of fire that spreads upwards, and deal damage to anyone caught in the flames.

~-~

~-~

~-~

~-~

~-~

TL;DR

Basically there are very few changes made to Captain Falcon's moveset. The reverse Falcon Punch returns too.

Lucina can start with her mask on or off, and can put it on or off via taunt. Also, unlike Marth, whose blade deals the most damage at the tip, her blade deals equal damage throughout.

As for Robin, you can whip out his Levin Sword via side smash and aerial. His neutral B Thunder can be charged with a press of the B button, then stored via roll and charged again until it reaches Thoron levels. Then you can press B again to unleash it. Arcfire is like PK Fire but shot diagonally downwards, and on contact it will produce a pillar of flame. Elwind can produce two shots of wind below him that additionally propel him upwards. Nosferatu works as expected; trapping the opponent, dealing damage, and healing oneself in the process. He recovers more health if he hits someone in the back.

Looks like I was right about the charging

I don't really understand all the Lucina hate, yes she is kinda a clone (which is disappointing) but people seem to hate on her for simply being a Fire Emblem character, and since they didn't play FE:A they don't want her in the game.

I mean, I never played a single Earthbound/Mother game but I heard so many good things about it that I wouldn't mind another representative. Same thing goes for Xenoblade.

You could say I'm new to this (I played all the Smash games but I never communicated with other people in the fanbase), so could someone tell me, was the fanbase always like this?

Anyways, ranting aside. the reveal of Robin and Lucina further hints towards the inclusion of a Metroid and Zelda characters.
Remember the trophy quiz during the Smash Direct ? Now that we have Fire Emblem Awakening characters and a new Kid Icarus Uprising character that leaves us with 2 trophies. One from Zelda Skyward Sword and the other from Metroid Other M.

Perhaps Ridley and Ghirahim/Demise are a possibility.

(i'd like to point out that I'm not saying that I came up with the whole trophy theory, it's just a reminder)

Edited on by KratosAce

I'm too tired to think of something to write here...
Cookies

Kewlan

Wait, are you guys realizing now that Sakurai basically confirms a ton of costumes?

Anyway, now that I read this I think Lucina is a great addition! (And especially since she didn't replace anyone.) At first I thought she would deal Marth's tip damage all over her blade, but now I see how it works.

... OH AND THAT BURN ON CHROM THO

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

19Robb92

I'm glad Lucina got in. She sounds a lot better than Marth to me.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

MegaStoneSmash91

I respect his decision to include Robin in the roster instead of Chrom. He really would have been just another swordsman, but with Robin we have something more unique. I don't mind Lucina's inclusion at all. She adds even more female representation, and will play a bit differently than Marth. I haven't played Awakening, but I have no reason to dislike the new characters since they look like good additions.

As for Dixie Kong, the only real problem I see with making her a playable character is her similar appearance to Diddy. She has her ponytail, as well as her ability to grab items and float with it, but her body build looks almost exactly like Diddy's. Due to this, she could very well have a lot of the same punching, kicking, and slapping moves as Diddy. However, I have to give Sakurai more credit than that. Mario and Luigi have been sharing a good number of moves since the first Smash Bros. Melee changed up Luigi enough for him to feel different by adding some original moves and keeping others that still worked well. These two also share a similar body build, so using this approach for Dixie could work just the same as it has for the Bros. Of course, I'm sure Sakurai could also go all out and make her completely different, too. Either way, I'm all for more DK characters. K. Rool is sounding better and better each day.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

FriedSquid

It's a fair reasoning, but I don't see why he couldn't have just kept Ike out, and given Chrom a similar moveset. Ike feels pretty irrelevant with all these Awakening characters, but I digress. It is what it is.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

DreamyViridi

Squid wrote:

It's a fair reasoning, but I don't see why he couldn't have just kept Ike out, and given Chrom a similar moveset. Ike feels pretty irrelevant with all these Awakening characters, but I digress. It is what it is.

Probably because then, out of the 4 FE playables; 3 of them would be from one game (technically all 4 of them if you care to split hairs via DLC) and there would be an imbalance in terms of equal series representation. Plus I'm sure Ike has his fans.
I'm a bit shaky on the fact that Lucina supposedly uses all of Marth's moves; even Toon Link had differences in his Nair, Bair, etc. but there's a difference between hearing about a character and playing as them so I'll have to wait and see how she feels.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic