Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 10,261 to 10,280 of 27,917

Arminillo

But Sakurai said himself that Ubisoft sent the model. Why would he want to edit it to give rayman derp face?

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

MrWalkieTalkie

Kewlan wrote:

Normal:
Untitled
Rayman's Facebook:
Untitled
Yeah he does... Maybe they just changed the model to what they prefered... or it's animated.

Rayman's face seems less "derpy" in Ubisoft's pic. And his torso seems shorter(?)

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Nintendo6400

Sakurai probably wanted his art style to fit in with smash. Although his face does look derpy with his one eye half closed and his tongue lifted in the air. I kinda like the Facebook version better.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Nintendo6400

Gonna need a translation here. It looks like lucinas b move causes confusion.

Edit: never mind she probably just broke fox's shield.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Kewlan

Scanning wrote:

In fact, Lucina has a taunt that lets her put on or remove the mask

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!

Scanning wrote:

Neutral B: Thunder- Hitting the button once will activate a charging period for Robin's Thunder spell, and hitting it again will cast it. The amount of time Robin charges will determine the version of the spell cast (Thunder, Elthunder, Arcthunder, or Thoron).

Looks like we were right!

Now I am very satisfied with this character!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

The_Ninja

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

Normal:
Untitled
Rayman's Facebook:
Untitled
Yeah he does... Maybe they just changed the model to what they prefered... or it's animated.

Rayman's face seems less "derpy" in Ubisoft's pic. And his torso seems shorter(?)

Yup, seems to be shorter. But I like it, reminds me of his appearance in Origins/Legends. I hope that if he's playable, he will look like the ubisoft one instead of the derpy one.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

mamp

If trophies become animated I'm gonna freak the **** out cuz OMG that would be awesome.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

ZurrrrBlattTron

I just saw a YouTube video that brought up the Famitsu Thingy and supposedly somewhere in the description for Lucina she was PLANNED to be a Marth skin, which explains a lot including her same exact idle stance, BUT a character was cut during development, the character was not stated who to be obviously but since Sakurai didn't want to reduce the number of characters he went all yolo mode and put in Lucina in the cut characters place
Edit: video I was talking about http://youtu.be/QsmJldhEoqU
EDIT #2: NVM NVM THIS WAS MISTRANSLATED read this http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-in-famitsu-lucina-robi...

Edited on by ZurrrrBlattTron

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Datasun_7

@Torotoid64 that was a mistranslation. No character was cut, but lucina was a alt. Skin originally
Edit: greninja'd

Edited on by Datasun_7

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Azooooz

August will be the last month for a character reveal before the Japanese release of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

MsJubilee

Oh damn one last character reveal that's crazy and awesome.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

The_Ninja

Mother may not be a important franchise to some, but IMO it should get 4 reps. I think that Ness and Lucas are in, and IMO we need atleast one more character from Mother 3 and one more from earthbound. I think that for Mother 3, Kumatora would be a good choice. She would be so awesome! =3 For Earthbound, either Poo or Jeff, I kinda want Jeff more but I guess people like Poo more. I just really want Kumatora in, along with an epic Mother characters reveal trailer. Ness & Jeff & Lucas & Kumatora vs everyone else....

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

MsJubilee

Lucas better come back cause smash has four fire emblem characters now and is not fair they take out lucas and leave ness by himself to represent the earthbound franchise.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

ZurrrrBlattTron

The only thing that can be more Bada-- then a bunch of Fire Emblem characters, is a bunch of Mother characters Kuma and Poo definitely would fit! But at this point I'm fine with anyone :3

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Mr_Video

The_Ninja wrote:

Mother may not be a important franchise to some, but IMO it should get 4 reps. I think that Ness and Lucas are in, and IMO we need atleast one more character from Mother 3 and one more from earthbound. I think that for Mother 3, Kumatora would be a good choice. She would be so awesome! =3 For Earthbound, either Poo or Jeff, I kinda want Jeff more but I guess people like Poo more. I just really want Kumatora in, along with an epic Mother characters reveal trailer. Ness & Jeff & Lucas & Kumatora vs everyone else....

I agree, I'm really happy Fire Emblem's been given a lot more love this time around (Too much, according to some...), but I think Mother deserves it's fair share as well. I think the Masked Man or even Porky with the Devil's Machine could be some great additions, not to mention it would add more villains, something Smash has been lacking in so far.

Mr_Video

FriedSquid

Kumatora is probably the only character left that I can think of that I would really love to see (if there's a Mother newcomer, I'd expect it to be her based on Sakurai's pushing for more female characters), but honestly, more Mother characters will always be nice. I think there could be some really interesting characters and moves from that series.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic