Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 10,241 to 10,260 of 27,917

FishieFish

DreamyViridi wrote:

Oh, and speaking of Robin; I wanted to mention this earlier but forgot. I think there might be a second FE stage in the works. Take a look at this screenshot from the Official site. Behind Marth, have we seen that throne before...? Looks like something from Awakening, though I forget which chapter.

I swore that was chapter 23 from Awakening, too.

"No one said you could touch."

UGXwolf

@Kewlan It appears that the tome changes color in response to the type of attack, as the grab is the only spell that does appear to change the tome's color to its element. I don't think it cycles.

@Shirma_Akayaku DAT SEXY FALCON! To quote Freiza, "My God, you could grate cheese on that."

@Tsuchinoko Which points. Most of what I said was speculation, of course, which is entirely up to interpretation, but of my actual points, the ones I was basing my speculation on, which ones do you disagree with?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

FishieFish

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"The way Robin launches Arcfire is kind of crazy—he or she calls down a bolt of flame from above, then launches a pillar of fire! By the way, Robin’s tome changes with each special attack."

It looks like the FE GBA mage fire tome attack, cool.

Untitled

"No one said you could touch."

Kewlan

Oh my god, Robin is the most mysterious character ever.

So I watched the trailer again, and the tome's color does indeed change after the corresponding attack. You can also see that the red tome stays even after a use of the fire attack. So it was I who misunderstood Sakurai.
As for the Thunder, Arcthunder and Thoron(?). I believe that if you have the thunder tome, you can charge the attack as a smash attack, and depending on how long you charge it, it will change to the stronger version.

Did everyone already know this? Am I that dumb? ._.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

KratosAce

Kewlan wrote:

So I watched the trailer again, and the tome's color does indeed change after the corresponding attack. You can also see that the red tome stays even after a use of the fire attack. So it was I who misunderstood Sakurai.
As for the Thunder, Arcthunder and Thoron(?). I believe that if you have the thunder tome, you can charge the attack as a smash attack, and depending on how long you charge it, it will change to the stronger version.

So that's what Sakurai meant by "Robin’s tome changes with each special attack"
For some reason I thought that the Special Attack would change type each time you use it, that confused me.
In that case I think I can put down Robin's moveset:

B : Thunder Tomes. Variant depends on how long you charge (As seen at 1:20 in the trailer)
B+Up : Elwind (recovery)
B+Down : Nosferatu (Damages nearby enemy and heals)
B+Left/Right : Arcfire

At 1:13 you can see that Robin used some sort of a fire spell (And he's carrying a Fire Tome) while at 1:35 Robin uses a wind spell (And he's carrying a Wind Tome) these might simply be the Combo Finishers and they change depending on what tome Robin is currently using.

As Sakurai said, Robin's Levin Sword breaks after a number of uses and gets replaced by the weaker Bronze Sword (until the Levin Sword regenerates)
The same thing happens to tomes, they break after using them a lot and need time to regenerate.
The question is, how is the player informed that a tome has regenerated ?

EDIT : Rewatched the ending of the trailer and noticed that Female Robin didn't charge for Thoron AT ALL. This could mean that Thunder Tomes work similarly to Donkey's, Mewtwo's and Samus' special attacks.

Edited on by KratosAce

I'm too tired to think of something to write here...
Cookies

Captain_Toad

KratosAce wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

For some reason I thought that the Special Attack would change type each time you use it, that confused me.

B : Thunder Tomes. Variant depends on how long you charge (As seen at 1:20 in the trailer)

At 1:13 you can see that Robin used some sort of a fire spell (And he's carrying a Fire Tome) while at 1:35 Robin uses a wind spell (And he's carrying a Wind Tome) these might simply be the Combo Finishers and they change depending on what tome Robin is currently using.

As Sakurai said, Robin's Levin Sword breaks after a number of uses and gets replaced by the weaker Bronze Sword (until the Levin Sword regenerates)
The same thing happens to tomes, they break after using them a lot and need time to regenerate.

Heh, maybe it just pops into his hand suddenly?

Oh and did anyone else notice that he's holding both a sword and a tome? Won't that be a problem for grabbing items?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

LzWinky

I think his tome changes after performing so many B attacks. That's what the trailer said at least

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

KratosAce

Captain_Toad wrote:

KratosAce wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

Heh, maybe it just pops into his hand suddenly?

Oh and did anyone else notice that he's holding both a sword and a tome? Won't that be a problem for grabbing items?

I'm thinking that tomes use up the item slot since Robin tossed a tome the exact same way as how characters throw items. Perhaps you need to throw away your tome before picking up an item, and you obtain the tome again (when it's ready) using one of the 3 taunts.

This might all be to balance Robin and make sure he/she isn't overpowered. Because so far Nosferatu seems pretty OP (Just like it's more powerful variants in FE:A). They decided to go for Nosferatu cause it sounds cooler that Aversa's Night

Cookies

ZurrrrBlattTron

Lol am I the only one that thought Robin said "THAT'S WHY I USE MY LEMON SWORD" instead of Levin xD I legit thought it was the Lemon sword for a minute brb making a Lemon Knight

Edited on by ZurrrrBlattTron

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Kewlan

KratosAce wrote:

EDIT : Rewatched the ending of the trailer and noticed that Female Robin didn't charge for Thoron AT ALL. This could mean that Thunder Tomes work similarly to Donkey's, Mewtwo's and Samus' special attacks.

I believe that's just the power of editing.

Captain_Toad wrote:

In some parts of the trailer and the pictures, you can see that Robin sheathes his sword, and I believe that's what he will do when he grabs an item too.

Looks like the fog is clearing up!
When life gives you a Lemon Sword, use it carefully so it doesn't break.

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

MrWalkieTalkie

How would you feel if Pikmin & Olimar was changed to Pikmin & Captain? Basically the idea would be that you can choose which captain you want between Olimar, Louie, The President, Alph, Brittany, and Charlie. Their moves wouldn't change at all between them, the same idea used in Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Robin. They're all roughly the same size, some a little shorter and some a little taller, but they could probably alter them slightly to fit the same size. They did it with the Wii Fit Trainers after all, the male is originally taller than the female but in Smash they're the same height.
Untitled

I would definitely be up for this idea since many Pikmin fans such as myself wish the other captains would get involved without taking up space in the roster since they all play exactly the same in their games. What would you think?

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

KratosAce

Kewlan wrote:

KratosAce wrote:

I believe that's just the power of editing.

I thought about that but it seems so fluid to have been edited (Robin stands there idle for a second then proceeds to use Thoron, she didn't use it the moment she appeared on screen)

But you might be right, we can't say that anything is certain at the moment.

Cookies

ZurrrrBlattTron

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnah if anything Alph is okay to do that with but honesty I would want a new character from Pikmin with how much Olimar was changed why not have another Pikmin fighter play more similar to how he played in Brawl Maybe he could pull out Rock Pikmin which would be Exclusive to him cause why wouldn't they be in? Imo Pikmin deserves at least another Rep

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Kewlan

@MrWalkieTalkie I'd love that! They need to give us some fan service with all the costumes! Project M did a good job on that, but it can be done better!

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Eel

A random thought with the Rayman trophy: it would be cool if we got a ZombiU stage or Assist. It is a Nintendo-exclusive game after all.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MrWalkieTalkie

@torotoid64 Yeah, but in my opinion, since all the playable characters in pikmin play exactly the same, I feel they should just be bunched together as 1 rep. If Pikmin were to have another rep, I think one of the many monsters from the games would work, like maybe the Plasm Wraith would work.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Arminillo

Ubisoft posted a picture of the Rayman trophy on Raymans facebook but he looked different! is it animated?

Untitled

Edit: i cant get pic to work]

Edited on by Arminillo

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Kewlan

Normal:
Untitled
Rayman's Facebook:
Untitled
Yeah he does... Maybe they just changed the model to what they prefered... or it's animated.

Edited on by Kewlan

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic