Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 10,181 to 10,200 of 27,917

ZurrrrBlattTron

Let's just say everyone else in Rhythm Heaven is about as relevant as Bing and Internet Explorer so therefore it's Marshall or Chorus Boys

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Yoshi

I am just so intrigued with how Robin will play. I have a feeling that he will be my main.

I'm interested in how the tomes work. He said that he can only use them so many times (like Awakening), I wonder how many times? I'm assuming you get your tomes back when you get KOed. So maybe this is the opposite of Lucario. Lucario increased in strength with more damage. Will Robin be most useful towards the beginning, and then taper off?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Kewlan

While we're at it...

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

MrWalkieTalkie

Actually, now that I think about it, Forthington would be great for Marshal's Grab Attack. Similar to how Mr. Game & Watch can juggle his opponents, Marshal would grab his opponent and then Forthington would pop out of nowhere and he and Marshal would bounce the enemy back and forth with tennis rackets.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

ZurrrrBlattTron

ewe definitely wouldn't mind the mexican wrestlers.. B-B-B BUT WHY NOT GIVE MARSHAL A MOVESET BASED ON THE ACTUAL MINI GAMES! Like Game and Watch but Rhythm Heaven based

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

MrWalkieTalkie

torotoid64 wrote:

ewe definitely wouldn't mind the mexican wrestlers.. B-B-B BUT WHY NOT GIVE MARSHAL A MOVESET BASED ON THE ACTUAL MINI GAMES! Like Game and Watch but Rhythm Heaven based

That's exactly what I want from Marshal!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

The_Ninja

torotoid64 wrote:

That's what I was thinking! It's one of the reasons why I love Game and Watch so much.
But what about his final smash being Air Rally, where Forthington and Baxter play badminton in the sky with your enemies! And you would be able to deal more damage by tapping A with the right rythm.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

JoeyTS

Still waiting for Rayman...

UPDATE: Bowser just ate some cake and it was yummy

ZurrrrBlattTron

The_Ninja wrote:

torotoid64 wrote:

That's what I was thinking! It's one of the reasons why I love Game and Watch so much.
But what about his final smash being Air Rally, where Forthington and Baxter play badminton in the sky with your enemies! And you would be able to deal more damage by tapping A with the right rythm.

THIS A THOUSAND TIMES I think having the ability to do more damage or combo's should be a regular part of his moveset like every special he preforms has his own beat and if you tap to the beat he'll follow up with another attack SO MUCH POTENTIAL

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Kewlan

Nah, his Final Smash should be something including mostly everyone, like Remix 7!
Like a mini Remix 7 where you have to time it similar to Donkey Kongs Final Smash?

Edited on by Kewlan

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

SparkOfSpirit

torotoid64 wrote:

That's what I assume his moveset will be. He'll be representative of the entire franchise, so it only makes sense that his moves should, too.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Tsuchinoko

Honestly as someone who played the RH games for years, even the GBA and arcade games, Karate Joe is more of an unofficial mascot for the series, more people in Japan would recognize him than any other character i think.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Shirma_Akayaku

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Interesting discussion of the rayman trophy at gamexplain.

Fixed.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

MsJubilee

@Shirma_Akayaku Yay your handsome man avatar is back don't why i'm so happy about this though lol.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Eel

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Honestly as someone who played the RH games for years, even the GBA and arcade games, Karate Joe is more of an unofficial mascot for the series, more people in Japan would recognize him than any other character i think.

Yup, he's the closest thing to a regular character these games have.

He's been in every game, if I heard correctly.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MasterWario

I'm pretty sure the Rayman trophy was shown purely to mislead, hype-up, and troll the character reveal on 7/14.
If he was gonna be playable, they wouldn't have shown his trophy. Do any of the announced playable characters have revealed trophies? I don't think so.
And let's be honest, if Rayman isn't playable, who the heck would? Globox? I don't think so.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic